PDA

View Full Version : Darkclown12

Chewie
04-01-2004, 06:54 AM
I have just reviewed the last 240 of your messages to this forum and of those only four were not about problems you are having.

There are many instances where someone, in an effort to help, has asked you a question and you have either answered another question or volunteered other, almost unrelated, information.

Here's a small summary of what I've seen...
- Network card drivers won't install because they're somehow fucked up yet later you volunteer that the card is working anyway.
- Windows XP keeps restoring files on boot.
- Windows XP isn't copying some files or installing.
- Windows 98 won't install properly.
- Your mouse doesn't work.
- Nero 6 has damaged files.
- Your temps are very high.
- Windows 2000 won't boot due to a missing file.
- Windows XP BSODs or stalls during install.
- Can't figure out which case wires go where -> changes to nothing appears on the monitor when switched on.
- How to test CPU... because there's nothing appearing on the monitor.

My forum settings show me 40 topics per page and I got bored after the first 6 pages.

I suspect that people are giving you advice and you're just replying that you've tested or tried what they're suggesting and it's not the problem without even bothering to do it. For instance, in the thread where you want to know how to test an AMD CPU, you post that you tested without a fan and at 19:05 someone told you to check the pins for burning... you replied that there were no black pins at 19:07. I don't believe that you did this in two minutes given the obvious lack of proficiency indicated in your previous posts.

You have hardware problems. You also have no idea what you are doing. You are unwilling to give requested information.
You need to take your computer(s) to a professional.

zapjb
04-01-2004, 08:52 AM
:lol: :frusty: :lol:

100%
04-01-2004, 03:20 PM
This a complex issue
this is software world and the peeple are here to help with problems etc.
Darkclown is ambitious in wanting to learn more, fix more etc about his pc. (instead of blindly giving up &going to prof-like 100000sof people)
I learnt everything i know about my pc myself - but - i didnot do what DarkCln is doing
which is to 100%ask people for advice instead of searching the web(google)-reading-testing-installing uninstalling etc
only came to forums if it was beyond...

so in one way your right and have noticed the eternal loops of darks pc

If i had not read your comments to him in the post about icons disappearing i would not have backed off....not become suspicious - would have continued to aid -until i gave up...

fukthis sounds like a teachers report

Chewie
04-01-2004, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by Zedaxax@1 April 2004 - 15:20
This a complex issue
Darkclown is ambitious in wanting to learn more, fix more etc about his pc. (instead of blindly giving up &going to prof-like 100000sof people)
I learnt everything i know about my pc myself - but - i didnot do what DarkCln is doing
which is to 100%ask people for advice instead of searching the web(google)-reading-testing-installing uninstalling etc

If i had not read your comments to him in the post about icons disappearing i would not have backed off....not become suspicious - would have continued to aid -until i gave up...

You're darn tootin' it's complex; I think he's got two boxes.

He's had problems with 98, 2000 and XP, and all of them would point to faulty hardware - RAM most likely, but failing hard drive close behind. When I asked about his RAM he just flatly said he'd tested it, but I don't think he has. He told me he used the one I recommended, when someone that had downloaded it, followed instructions and left it running would know it's name FFS.

I am more than willing to help people (shit, we all are otherwise we wouldn't be here) and enjoy doing it, but this guy seems to read advice and only follow it if he thinks it might cure the problem. That's not insurmountable if you've got a clue, but he's a n00b FCOL and he needs to actually try all the suggestions.

edit: proofed

DarkClown12
04-01-2004, 09:34 PM
Well I appreciate all of the comments and thanks for reviewing my post, but I am surly learning more and more everyday. If i post fast maybe its because i have checked it before the supposed answer was posted to my problem. I check out every detail and make sure i try my best with my abilities. Also i want to give thanks to everyones help and suggestions and i follow them out. But i know everything on a pc isn't perfect and they all have problems at one point and time. So thats why i ask questions to get things going my friends. So in conclusion i now have two good running rigs with windows xp on both, but minor problems on my 2nd rig that i am trying to work on. But other than that life is good and i want to build another pc. So maybe i will ask everyones input on what to buy and what to put in my machine. So until then thank you and looking foward to your input.

thanx

DarkClown12

kazaa2002
04-01-2004, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by Chewie UK+1 April 2004 - 19:05--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Chewie UK &#064; 1 April 2004 - 19:05)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-Zedaxax@1 April 2004 - 15:20
This a complex issue

You&#39;re darn tootin&#39; it&#39;s complex; I think he&#39;s got two boxes.

He&#39;s had problems with 98, 2000 and XP, ........................

I am more than willing to help people (shit, we all are otherwise we wouldn&#39;t be here) and enjoy doing it, but this guy seems to read advice and only follow it if he thinks it might cure the problem. That&#39;s not insurmountable if you&#39;ve got a clue, but he&#39;s a n00b FCOL and he needs to actually try all the suggestions.

edit: proofed[/b][/quote]
Thanks Chewie, good job on research

my complements to you, your effort is not wasted, perhaps this
youngster will one day help others and have the talent to understand
that this forum is for help and not to be abused. :rolleyes:

DarkClown12
04-01-2004, 10:46 PM
I see your point and will continue this discussion later.

SciManAl
04-01-2004, 10:59 PM
clear

tesco
04-02-2004, 03:05 AM
Originally posted by SciManAl@1 April 2004 - 17:59
Since when was one not allowed to ask questions?
Not everyone is a smartass, ya know.
Not everyone is that smart GET OVER IT
I ask allot of questions, I DON"T KNOW EVERYTHING
asking questions is how you learn things... so why are you saying no to asking questions?

secondly, he does have more than 1 computer, why do you care? <_<&nbsp; it not illegal&#33;?&#33;?&#33;

ok so he has some questions that AREn&#39;t so well thought out, but NOT EVERYONE IS PERFECT SO SHUT UP. this is a topic just to flame someone&#33; so stop it&#33;

he doesn&#39;t have anything to offer to help so don&#39;t expect him to be able to help, HE needs help... him= :helpsmile:

lol come on guys thius what this forum is for...&nbsp; :blink:&nbsp; are you all gone crazy since i left?
lol havent sen u in a while. but anyway i agree with you, the guy knew nothing about building computers (no offence darkclown) and I have spent hours at a time on msn messenger trying to help him get his second rig working. the problem IS obviously hardware related (he bought a 20 dollar mobo lol) but he was persistent to trying to get an operating system running on that computer, and finally he did somehow. everytime he had problems that I wasnt sure of the answer I told him to post on the forum because I beleive that there has got to be someone out there who has seen the problem he was having at the time and so he posted it. you guys have no idea how many questions I have answered for him so STFU and leave the guy alone&#33;

delphin460
04-02-2004, 03:22 AM
perhaps a short course at collage or tafe would be more of an advantage to this guy , as you can get some confusing answers here at times

i realy think you need some sort of basic training clown , nothing like a bit of hands on to make it all sink in ,

peat moss
04-02-2004, 03:34 AM
I would hope you will keep asking question&#39;s just try and do a little research first. Then look at everyone&#39;s suggestions and try them before reposting. I find the search function very helpful on this forum. :)

uNz[i]
04-02-2004, 04:05 AM
Originally posted by delphin460@2 April 2004 - 12:52
perhaps a short course at collage or tafe would be more of an advantage to this guy , as you can get some confusing answers here at times

i realy think you need some sort of basic training clown , nothing like&nbsp; a bit of hands on to make it all sink in ,
Great idea. That&#39;s exactly what I&#39;m doing right now.

Actually, I just finished this week&#39;s A+ Hardware module exam.
I&#39;m just killing time until class ends. :lol:

Doing a course is definately the way to go. An experienced instructor will teach you what you need to know better and faster than you can teach yourself.

At least thats been my experience. B)

tesco
04-02-2004, 04:33 AM
Originally posted by uNz[i]+1 April 2004 - 23:05--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (uNz[i] @ 1 April 2004 - 23:05)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-delphin460@2 April 2004 - 12:52

i realy think you need some sort of basic training clown , nothing like a bit of hands on to make it all sink in ,
Great idea. That&#39;s exactly what I&#39;m doing right now.

Actually, I just finished this week&#39;s A+ Hardware module exam.
I&#39;m just killing time until class ends. :lol:

Doing a course is definately the way to go. An experienced instructor will teach you what you need to know better and faster than you can teach yourself.

At least thats been my experience. B) [/b][/quote]
teachers at my school are a joke, I teach them lol. I helped my computer teacher build his computer...

DarkClown12
04-02-2004, 04:49 AM
I see all points and listen to everyones help. I am studying computers at college but just started, so i feel a little hands on expierence might help me excel in my cousres and learn more. I am going for a computer engineering technology degree. Thanks Again

DarkClown12

h1
04-02-2004, 06:17 AM
:frusty: Without newbies, all communities would die, FFS just leave the guy the fuck alone. :ninja:

Chewie
04-02-2004, 06:47 AM
Well, looks like I&#39;ve upset SMA&#33;
Hey, I&#39;ll tell you what Al, you look back over his posts and remain sympathetic. It&#39;s one thing to ask advice and take it but quite another to ask and then choose which to follow.
The course that DarkClown has taken is reminiscent of a driver complaining that his car doesn&#39;t handle well, someone recommends he check his tyres so he kicks them and declares they&#39;re fine, then someone else says he shoulda bought a green car so he gets a respray and later complains that his steering jiggles. The original problem was not addressed, the action taken was pointless, and the problem is still there.

I know what it&#39;s like to have a problem that&#39;s hard to track down; I went for months changing hard drives, cables and configurations because XP wasn&#39;t working properly and only found I had a bad stick of RAM after someone pointed me to memtest86 - I&#39;d used other RAM testers (including the BIOS&#39; one) and thought it OK but being able to write to and read from it wasn&#39;t the problem, it was that the data was being corrupted while it was in there.

Don&#39;t get me wrong, I&#39;ll help people who&#39;ve got problems if I can, but there is a limit - there has to be a limit. When you see a common thread running through as many posts as DarkClown has made, you have to wonder whether all your efforts are wasted.

Chewie
04-02-2004, 06:51 AM
Originally posted by haxor41789@2 April 2004 - 06:17
:frusty: Without newbies, all communities would die, FFS just leave the guy the fuck alone. :ninja:
I don&#39;t have a problem with newbies at all; I&#39;m very tolerant of them.
DarkClown is not a newbie here, he&#39;s been posting about his problems for ages.

LTJBukem
04-02-2004, 10:40 AM
Newbie meaning, in this case, unknowledgable when it comes to computers.

I agree that you should leave the guy alone. You could have pm&#39;d the guy to make your point - why start a thread about him? If he annoys you so much, don&#39;t read his threads.

CornerPocket
04-02-2004, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by LTJBukem@2 April 2004 - 03:40
I agree that you should leave the guy alone. You could have pm&#39;d the guy to make your point - why start a thread about him? If he annoys you so much, don&#39;t read his threads.
I concur 100%, we will always see people come here in similar fashion and it&#39;s not necessary to ridicule a "personal titled&#39; post. PM works quite well, remember not everyone is on the same caliber of knowledge as most. So we will see tons of requests of all types and repeats as well. Either work with them or don&#39;t, you have a choice...............................

peat moss
04-03-2004, 07:19 AM
Ya I agree cant wait till clown starts to build his own computer and ask&#39;s hardware world for their opinion . But then again they can be very good with NooBs who are asking many questions and just trying to learn, and better them self&#39;s B)

tesco
04-03-2004, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by peat moss@3 April 2004 - 02:19
Ya I agree cant wait till clown starts to build his own computer and ask&#39;s hardware world for their opinion . But then again they can be very good with NooBs who are asking many questions and just trying to learn, and better them self&#39;s B)
The problems he&#39;s having are with a computer that he built, and he has posted a few times in hardwareworld...

hungrylilboy
04-03-2004, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by Chewie UK@2 April 2004 - 06:47

I know what it&#39;s like to have a problem that&#39;s hard to track down; I went for months changing hard drives, cables and configurations because XP wasn&#39;t working properly and only found I had a bad stick of RAM after someone pointed me to memtest86 - I&#39;d used other RAM testers (including the BIOS&#39; one) and thought it OK but being able to write to and read from it wasn&#39;t the problem, it was that the data was being corrupted while it was in there.

so how did u find out this problem? by asking questions?? did u listen to everything, everyone told you as well or did u use your experience and not bother with some things as u had already done this already.

seems to me that you prob did exactly what this guy is doing. He has a problem and asks (quite rightly) different people, different questions until its sorted

this guy may not seem to know what he is doing the most part, but maybe he does but doesnt know the right words, so when someone suggests something, he honestly already has done it.

I still rate myself as a newbie despite using messing about with pcs for years. I have learnt things I never knew where possible through people on message boards, esp on here and I thank them for that.

Despite the fact that I know a lot, I still dont know basic things, (see my post today, how can i get a 719mb avi on a 700mb cd-r as it wont fit and nero is having hiccups) or what programs to use. I can bet that you know more than me but I also bet that I will know something you dont. What I am trying to say is, dont flame people for no reason at all. If you dont want to help, dont, but keep your opinions to yourself. One day maybe you will ask a question and someone (a newbie) will know that answer but wont give it to you after they remember your flaming attack.

Give the guy a rest, hes only trying to learn for himself. I hate going to professionals and would prefere spending hours posting on here, on google or whereever and learn how to do it myself.

Chewie
04-04-2004, 01:09 AM
Oh dear, it looks like I&#39;ve hit some sort of raw nerve here.

You&#39;re all missing the point.
In my original post I pointed to his (a presumption, please forgive me if I&#39;m wrong) last 240 posts being almost exclusively problems he&#39;s having. I listed them and it is plain to me (and, I hope, others) that there is a hardware issue at the heart of the problem.
Troubleshooting hardware (and the OS, to a certain extent) is largely a logical process - for instance, if you&#39;re using the same disc as is working fine on another system, downloading another copy won&#39;t do diddly.
DarkClown&#39;s problems are not going to go away by trying to install another OS or by copying some dlls that were missed during an install - logic is not being employed.
I posted to the whole forum because PMing this would not alert other forum members to the root cause. Theyr&#39;e looking at one problem in particular and not the situation as a whole because DarkClown is posting them as separate issues.

@ hungrylilboy: Well, I was recommended the program on a specific software forum and I followed the suggestion, much as I do with any problem I need help with. The problem I had at that time was manifesting itself as corrupted downloads, although the dodgy addresses were also occasionally corrupting system files. This cleared up the long-standing issue I was still tracking down after testing memory and changing my HDDs, cables, PSU & mobo.

DarkClown12
04-04-2004, 01:47 AM
Are you trying to help me or what?, and i dont need help right now the computer has xp pro on it now, it is a lil slow but ohh well it is my fault for buying crappy stuff, i learnt my lesson, and plan on building a third rig over the summer. With help on what to buy and where to get it. The only prob i have with the other comp i built is it is slow and has trouble installing some things, and it has that pop-up about copy windows files which shows it is a hardware issue like you said. Maybe one day i will figure everything out but until then i am going to keep on asking questions until i learn it.

so thanx i guess

and peace out

sign

DarkClown12

3RA1N1AC
04-04-2004, 04:10 AM
Originally posted by delphin460@1 April 2004 - 19:22

confusing answers? on the K-Lite forums? no way&#33; over in GameWorld, there&#39;s a thread where people recommend Dreamcast emulators as a solution to play Jet Set Radio. :lol:

(if that comment flew over your head... do a quick Google and see how successful Dreamcast emulators are, at running Jet Set Radio)