PDA

View Full Version : Corruption What Do I Do

KANADIANborn
03-11-2003, 03:27 AM
I've downloaded this file 4 times (so far :( ) and it "always" has a corrupted ms-gamecab file. (Using CDMage) There are from 50ish to over 450 corrupted ms-cab files. I've tried repair (0 out of X fixed) rebuild (dosen't help any).

This is a CD1(of 2), 675mb file which takes a few days to download each time :o . It'll go through "search for more sources", find up to 5-7....then back to "search for more sources". I'm I on a "black-list" or something ;) ? I've tried jumping nodes (I can always find sources, but few will connect).

If possible, could someone post a hash "of just the ms-gamecab file". The game is MechWarrior 4 Mercs. The hash, I got from "verified games in a can", has changed names to MechWarrior4 CD1&2.Bin&#39;s. I know this because the setup.exe works I could get through the install "up to" 20%(the furthest so far <_< ).

Do any of you know why I would get corruptions like this? or better yet, how to fix/avoid&#39;em? :)

Rocktron
03-11-2003, 12:01 PM
Did you install the newer Kazaa over the old one?
That&#39;s what screwed up my downloads&#33;

Try uninstalling the old one, and freshly install the latest version...
(Make a backup first of the DB folder in kazaa and copy it back after install&#33;)

Good Luck&#33;

vegeta
03-11-2003, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by KANADIANborn@11 March 2003 - 04:27
I&#39;ve downloaded this file 4 times (so far :( ) and it "always" has a corrupted ms-gamecab file. (Using CDMage) There are from 50ish to over 450 corrupted ms-cab files. I&#39;ve tried repair (0 out of X fixed) rebuild (dosen&#39;t help any).

This is a CD1(of 2), 675mb file which takes a few days to download each time :o . It&#39;ll go through "search for more sources", find up to 5-7....then back to "search for more sources". I&#39;m I on a "black-list" or something ;) ? I&#39;ve tried jumping nodes (I can always find sources, but few will connect).

If possible, could someone post a hash "of just the ms-gamecab file". The game is MechWarrior 4 Mercs. The hash, I got from "verified games in a can", has changed names to MechWarrior4 CD1&2.Bin&#39;s. I know this because the setup.exe works I could get through the install "up to" 20%(the furthest so far <_< ).

Do any of you know why I would get corruptions like this? or better yet, how to fix/avoid&#39;em? :)
that file is corroupted and no problem in downloads just try different file ;) .

Wolfmight
03-11-2003, 04:10 PM
C&C generals...both of the deviance CDs had curruption here, when I redownloaded CD1 was ok, but CD2 had a new currupted file..some chinese movie in the game.. Now I used a .CAB editor to take that movie out and put the fake one in...but now the game says data2.cab is currupt (probably because the whole thing MUST be a certain size, @#&#036;%*&#33;&#33;) wonder how I can just install the game advanced way and @#&#036;%* the stupid installation program.

vegeta
03-12-2003, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by Wolfmight@11 March 2003 - 17:10
C&C generals...both of the deviance CDs had curruption here, when I redownloaded CD1 was ok, but CD2 had a new currupted file..some chinese movie in the game.. Now I used a .CAB editor to take that movie out and put the fake one in...but now the game says data2.cab is currupt (probably because the whole thing MUST be a certain size, @#&#036;%*&#33;&#33;) wonder how I can just install the game advanced way and @#&#036;%* the stupid installation program.
i had the same error with easy cd creator 5 :P .

"The Avatar Man"
03-12-2003, 03:47 PM
I wish everyone would just finally listen to me.
I&#39;VE BEEN THERE.
It is possible to get a cd image without corruption on kazaa,but it&#39;s NOT LIKELY.
they ALMOST ALWAYS get corrupted. :angry: :angry:
so you can download 10 -15 times and keep praying or
you can get emule and get corruption free downloads everytime.
emule scans downloads for corruption and redownloads the corrupted part from a different source.
It really works.
I use to only download rips because bins and isos always got corrupted,but in the 2 weeks that I&#39;ve used emule to download games I now have
simcity4
c&c generals
battlefield 1942 AND road to rome
aliens vs predator 2 AND primal hunt
Medal of honor AND spearhead
ALL without a single error B)
get emule at http://www.emuleplus.tk

tilen76
03-12-2003, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Master YodaX@12 March 2003 - 16:47
I wish everyone would just finally listen to me.
I&#39;VE BEEN THERE.
It is possible to get a cd image without corruption on kazaa,but it&#39;s NOT LIKELY.
they ALMOST ALWAYS get corrupted. :angry: :angry:
so you can download 10 -15 times and keep praying or
you can get emule and get corruption free downloads everytime.
emule scans downloads for corruption and redownloads the corrupted part from a different source.
It really works.
I use to only download rips because bins and isos always got corrupted,but in the 2 weeks that I&#39;ve used emule to download games I now have
simcity4
c&c generals
battlefield 1942 AND road to rome
aliens vs predator 2 AND primal hunt
Splinter Cell
Medal of honor AND spearhead
ALL without a single error B)
get emule at http://www.emuleplus.tk

Exactly, listen to Master YodaX. ;)

I was lucky, I was able to get one or two ISOs with Kazaa, but then I&#39;ve started using eMule for software and games and all I can tell you, you&#39;ll never get a corrupted download. And there&#39;s usually a lot more sources avaliable too.

Kazaa for movies and eMule for software&games.

imported_jamesandpie
03-12-2003, 06:43 PM
Whats the difference between emule and emule plus? and do u need emule for emule plus to work????

ahctlucabbuS
03-12-2003, 07:43 PM
Is there a getting started guide for eMule somewhere?

EDIT: nm www.emule-project.net/faq

racer II
03-12-2003, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by jamesandpie@12 March 2003 - 19:43
Whats the difference between emule and emule plus? and do u need emule for emule plus to work????
You don`t need emule "basic" to use the plus version , plus is a modded version of emule.
There are a lot of mods for emule, check them out your self : http://emule.sourceforge.net/
In the forums you can find the modded versions.

Mavric
03-13-2003, 11:10 PM
Right Just to set the record straight I have had eMule on for over 89 hours straight and only go 168mb of cd3 splinter cell NO BUGGER WILL SHARE THIS FILE

AND the other reason there is a corruption in CD 3 is because when the second person put it out for D/L it was corrupt and that spread like a virus would and now there must be over 3000 corrupt versions out there and kazaa will take a section out of each one and the files are getting worse and worse I hope that some one comes out with a program that combines kazaa and eMuel to make the ultimate P2P software.

:rolleyes:

Nightwolf
04-23-2003, 07:04 AM
Maybe it&#39;s just me, but most of the bins and isos I get from Kazaa work just fine. Maybe it has something to do with some people&#39;s internet connection? I also feel that lately a lot of new games have been intentionally corrupted and released by the industry to combat file sharing. That&#39;s why I wish Kazaa (and K-Lite) would stop letting users download files from other users&#39; designated download directory before they&#39;ve had a chance to verify the files&#39; integrity and, if necessary, delete them. Either that or incorporate so sort of error correction, like eMule has.

fook_mi
04-23-2003, 10:42 AM
You cannot rely on kazaa (if tht is where you got em from) it is not as reliable as overnet and emule for games but music is good&#33;

cheers :lol:

fook_mi
04-23-2003, 10:44 AM
TRUST NO1