PDA

View Full Version : Fakes Section?

Vapour
03-11-2003, 10:44 AM
Is the fake section gone or am I just not finding it????

Any hoo I found this one
Star Trek X - Nemesis EXCELLENT quality screening copy.AVI
is really The Lion King, a good movie but not Star Trek Nemesis.

:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

tilen76
03-11-2003, 11:36 AM
There is no need for a Fakes section, since we got the Verifieds section.

Why would you wanna tell people what NOT to download, if they can find what they CAN download.

Just use the verified and ignore all other files claiming to be that movie.

;)

danne
03-11-2003, 11:42 AM
Didn't we have a poll about it some weeks ago ? I am sure I voted a big NO for a fake section, for obvious reasons (we do have the verifieds) but I can't seem to find the actual poll.

Crackedup
03-11-2003, 02:38 PM
Unfortunately not all the films people want to d/l have been verified and there are a whole lot more files available when using the search facility on KL. There are still a lot of fakes that come up, so we should have a fakes section. Here's an example: I'm trying to get The Life of David Gale - it hasn't been verified yet, but it comes up when I search - unfortunately it is a fake (51st State)

vegeta
03-11-2003, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by Vapour@11 March 2003 - 11:44
Is the fake section gone or am I just not finding it????

Any hoo I found this one
Star Trek X - Nemesis EXCELLENT quality screening copy.AVI
is really The Lion King, a good movie but not Star Trek Nemesis.

:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:
there r millions of files added by millions of people on kazaa how will u identify them all.all the files r note fake <_< .

Vapour
03-11-2003, 05:49 PM
I agree with Crackedup, at the moment I’m downloading a Screener copy of "Equilibrium" (which is real, I&#39;ve checked it myself)
and that’s NOT in the verifieds.

Once I download it will be of course. :D :D

Just trying to help by posting the full file name of the fake.
Plus why have a search facility in KaZaa if here expected to just go to the Verified Section, don’t get me wrong
it is a great section.

You never know some people might appreciate being made aware of Fakes.

When was this Poll? and in which section?
This is the first I&#39;ve heard of it, anybody else know of it?

Genius
03-11-2003, 05:54 PM
Vapour how big is this screener of equilibrium :huh:

Vapour
03-11-2003, 06:16 PM
Hi there "Genius"
CD 1 is 714mb
CD 2 is 615mb
mpeg format, The quality that I&#39;ve seen checking the file is Excellent. :)

Ynhockey
03-11-2003, 07:10 PM
The poll was when the boards were moved i think, and it was in the About this Site and Forum (or something) section.

bruzar
03-11-2003, 09:44 PM
any chance of a name of file? before u have the hashes..... pleaseeeeee :D

Shinigami_[R.I.P.]
03-12-2003, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by Me

Tips for finding verified movies:

After about 10 megs or 10% of the total DL of the movie, use Avipreview and see if its your movie.&nbsp; Click the screen of Avipreview and an Index should pop up with some info.&nbsp; If the video or audio part has 0 (zero), then its a fake.

After searching and thinking you have enough users, expand the list so you can see all the users for that file by clicking the "+" box to the left of the title and scroll down and check to see if the filenames match up to the movie your looking for and read the yellow description boxes that pop up too.&nbsp; Sometimes it will say if its a fake or not.

Look at the length of the movie.&nbsp; A trick I learned awhile ago is that any movie with the length of 1:02:08 is a fake.&nbsp;

Check the file size of the movie.&nbsp; Make sure its reasonable.&nbsp; Sometimes the movie is split into two or three parts for easier downloading.
Check the hashes in the verifieds.&nbsp; That will usually say if a movie is out or not and will usually tell of its quality.&nbsp; Always check the verifieds first before looking for a movie which will save you some time.
The idea of verified files is so that you know they exist. The Sig2Dat hashes are just a way to help get you started on the download. You still have to search for them. Kazaa constantly searches while you are downloading for more users. Searching manually just helps speed up that process.
&nbsp;
PL has nothing to do with speeds but priority on downloads(only on normal kazaa users)
You can only download as fast as someone else can upload.
You can only download if the other user has an open upload slot.
Get rid of Ad-ware/Spyware and the like.
Make sure your system is optimized for your connection (use a program like Dr. TCP or CableNut)If your downloading rare files, of course its going to be slow&#33;
More sources usually=better speed
PATIENCE&#33;
Speeds vary on what you download sometimes...
and...
GOOD LUCK&#33;
Also try, http://www.speedguide.net or http://www.dslreports.com and test your speed there. If it matches your advertised speeds (what your ISP told you it was) then its not your fault. Also, try programs like Dr. TCP, CableNut or TCP/IP Optimizer...all found on either site.

EnJoi
03-12-2003, 01:25 AM
hmm cool