PDA

View Full Version : Monitor Problem

the mask
04-03-2004, 10:49 PM
hi, my monitor doesnt switch on and i was wondering what the possible causes could be. ok, the stand by light was dim at first and then i changed the fuse in the plug and now that is back to normal. there is power going to the monitor but the screen doesnt display anything. what could the possible causes be?? i have checked all the connections and wiring and everything is ok.

clocker
04-03-2004, 10:59 PM
Since replacing the fuse have you rebooted the computer?

Did it POST properly?

the mask
04-03-2004, 11:28 PM
yes, i have rebooted, and what do you mean 'did it post properly'?

tesco
04-03-2004, 11:29 PM
Their could be SO many causes to this problem. The simplest way is to first tell us if the screen comes on during post. if it does then its probably a driver problem.

Next either try this monitor wih a different computer or try a different monitor on this computer. that will tell us if it is a monitor or computer problem.

RGX
04-03-2004, 11:35 PM
POST is "Power On Self Test", a test the computer makes of all the vital components at startup. You will know if a successful POST has been completed when the computer beeps ONCE.

**GASHA**
04-04-2004, 11:21 AM
I would say you have a faulty PSU, try a different one if you can.

Neo 721
04-04-2004, 12:59 PM
If powers getting throught and there is no picture then the tube may have burnt out.

harrycary
04-04-2004, 06:24 PM
Next either try this monitor with a different computer or try a different monitor on this computer. that will tell us if it is a monitor or computer problem.

Do this first before doing anything else.

Eliminate the obvious first and this doesn't cost you a thing.

If powers getting through and there is no picture then the tube may have burnt out.

You cannot make that statement with the given symptom. "No power" is a reaction to something(anything) not working properly. It's a very common symptom.

good luck