PDA

View Full Version : Sharing Internet Connection With Second Ethernet C

apunkrockmonk
04-04-2004, 06:08 AM
My friend's internet connection is shared by a linksys 4 port router. One cable goes to his mother's computer, right next to the router, the other cable goes to his computer in his room 100 feet away. Instead of getting another long cable, he decided he would buy a 2nd ethernet card to share the internet with his gamecube in his room. For some reason the wizard that comes with windows xp will not open, and he's tried wingate and cannot get it to work. He uses a ethernet crossover cable to connect the second ethernet card to the bba of the GC. Is there anything else he can try?

Virtualbody1234
04-04-2004, 06:24 AM
Get another long cable and connect to the router.

Or move the router near his PC and the gamecube and run the long cable to his mother's PC. Then use a short cable between the gamecube and the router.

delphin460
04-04-2004, 07:21 AM
yer best do as above , or you will have to setup whats called a network bridge , and thats a pain in the arse and i dont know if the gc could handle it

tesco
04-04-2004, 04:10 PM
try to do it manually.

first go to network connection folder through control panel and highlight both drives. right click one and go to bridge.

Now it might work but i think you still have to enable internet connection sharing somewhere which im not sure where to find lol...

i think the easiest way is to figure out why the network connection wizard wont work. try using it from the windows xp cd.

apunkrockmonk
04-04-2004, 06:42 PM
He tried bridging the connections.... and now when he turns the cube on the computer just restarts for no reason

edit: nevermind, we got it to work, thanks for the help.

Virtualbody1234
04-04-2004, 11:05 PM
What did you do to get it to work?

DarkClown12
04-04-2004, 11:21 PM
Can any one help me with this?

I have a wired linksys router and i have it hooked to my pc, my ps2, and my xbox, and i just built a comp as you all know and i hoked a cord from port 4 to other comp, and set it up through my network cd, it says it is finshed and working but when i try to connect to the internet on ther other computer it says page cant be displayed can anyone help me get it to connect?

thanx

darkclown12