PDA

View Full Version : Airports

Terminator
04-04-2004, 06:17 AM
im going on vacation, and i am very worried about my carry on luggage. id like to know what of my electronic equipment will get screwed up. I am carrying on a digital camera with memory card, a gamecube system, gameboy games, an ipod, a digital video camera, a portable dvd player, a gameboy advance sp, a cell phone, 2 walkie talkies. what will get screwed up? What i am worrying about the most is the digital camera. brand new, and from a prior exprience, upon uploading the images to my computer, most were blurred in 1/4 of the picture. I dont want this to happen again. Any advice is welcomed.

shn
04-04-2004, 06:25 AM
Plan on doing a strip search http://www.scapenotes.com/notes/econs/cop.gif

http://community.the-underdogs.org/smiley/happy/tails.gif

kAb
04-04-2004, 06:36 AM
just dont turn it on

to be even safer, take out the batteries.

and be verry careful with that stuff. if you're seen walking around with it, you'll get mugged.

btw, you cant take all that on carry on.. to much stuff.

Terminator
04-04-2004, 06:44 AM
take out the batteries to an ipod? if i take all the batteries out, where do i put em? I do plan to use all this crap upon arriving. And i can fit all the stuff on carry on

kAb
04-04-2004, 06:47 AM
Originally posted by Terminator@3 April 2004 - 23:44
take out the batteries to an ipod? if i take all the batteries out, where do i put em? I do plan to use all this crap upon arriving. And i can fit all the stuff on carry on
there is a way to remove the battery from an ipod. but i seriously don't think you'll have problems. just avoid turning them on... how do you think the ipod got to the store you bought it from? it was flown from china or taiwan...

Terminator
04-04-2004, 07:13 AM
dont turn them on at what point- before, after, or during the x ray process?

Keikan
04-04-2004, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by Terminator@4 April 2004 - 00:17
im going on vacation, and i am very worried about my carry on luggage. id like to know what of my electronic equipment will get screwed up. I am carrying on a digital camera with memory card, a gamecube system, gameboy games, an ipod, a digital video camera, a portable dvd player, a gameboy advance sp, a cell phone, 2 walkie talkies. what will get screwed up? What i am worrying about the most is the digital camera. brand new, and from a prior exprience, upon uploading the images to my computer, most were blurred in 1/4 of the picture. I dont want this to happen again. Any advice is welcomed.
Enough stuff geez your going on vacation not a lan party

Just bring a digital camerra and a cell phone and a selection of a gba or ipod

Peerzy
04-04-2004, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by Terminator@4 April 2004 - 07:13
dont turn them on at what point- before, after, or during the x ray process?
My friend took an IPOD on hols with him, don't turn it on from the time you arrive in the Departing airport till the time you leave the arriving air port. the rest of the stuff will be fne, just again don't turn it on.

Gameboy will be fine, so will DVD player,

DONT turn on thephone or walkie talkies, infact i don't think your alowed t take walkie talkies on board on carry on.

100%
04-04-2004, 07:15 PM
Ive been thru xrays with similar equipement and never had a problem - with or without batteries.

Skweeky
04-04-2004, 07:25 PM
You plan on using walkie talkies and a gamecube from the moment you arrive? :huh:

Anyway. The devices won't get damaged because of the x-rays, don't worry about that. I would seriously advise you though NOT to talk into a walkie talkie whilst walking around at the airport :lol: :lol:

Marius24
04-04-2004, 07:28 PM
the dudes paranoid about his stuff :lol:

scribblec
04-04-2004, 07:52 PM
be prepeared to get jumped with all that gear

BigBoo
04-04-2004, 07:54 PM
dude. all yyou need is a camera and a gameboy :lol:

Keikan
04-04-2004, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by BigBoo@4 April 2004 - 13:54