PDA

View Full Version : Network Help

DarkClown12
04-04-2004, 08:28 PM
I have a wired linksys router and i have it hooked to my pc, my ps2, and my xbox, and i just built a comp as you all know and i hoked a cord from port 4 to other comp, and set it up through my network cd, it says it is finshed and working but when i try to connect to the internet on ther other computer it says page cant be displayed can anyone help me get it to connect?

thanx

darkclown12

Peerzy
04-04-2004, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by DarkClown12@4 April 2004 - 20:28
I have a wired linksys router and i have it hooked to my pc, my ps2, and my xbox, and i just built a comp as you all know and i hoked a cord from port 4 to other comp, and set it up through my network cd, it says it is finshed and working but when i try to connect to the internet on ther other computer it says page cant be displayed can anyone help me get it to connect?

thanx

darkclown12
Okay you have everything hooked up....apart from...wait.... you forgot to hook up your modem :lol:

DarkClown12
04-04-2004, 08:35 PM
i only have one modem, and the eithernet card is hooked up.

Peerzy
04-04-2004, 09:15 PM
Image Resized
[img]http://server5.uploadit.org/files/peerzyboy-MyIdeafornetworking1.JPG' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'> ('http://server5.uploadit.org/files/peerzyboy-MyIdeafornetworking1.JPG')

Blue = Router's

Red = Modem and Modem Cable

Black = Cat5 ENet Cable

make sure its like that :)

DarkClown12
04-04-2004, 10:16 PM
exact

DarkClown12
04-05-2004, 12:00 AM
there is no connection in network connections and the network wizard doesn't work, can ne one help?

Virtualbody1234
04-05-2004, 12:09 AM
Do you have firewalls that could prevent communication? Disable them temporarily to see if you can setup the network. You will have to configure the firewalls to permit access to the local computers.

DarkClown12
04-05-2004, 12:23 AM
I dont think i have it on, i have nortons 2003 system works, if that helps. I just checked it and it is not on, can ne 1 help?

tesco
04-05-2004, 02:22 AM
Originally posted by Virtualbody1234@4 April 2004 - 19:09
Do you have firewalls that could prevent communication? Disable them temporarily to see if you can setup the network. You will have to configure the firewalls to permit access to the local computers.
ok here is what we have found wrong on the computer.

we go to the network connections folder, and there is no connection shown in there. so he goes to create new connection, runs through the wizard and it is then supposed to startup the network setup wizard but nothing ever happens. so he tried click start network connection wizard and again nothing happens so we cannot get an internet connection to appear in the network connections folder.

all drivers for the network card are installed so that is not the problem...