PDA

View Full Version : Anti-spam

hobbes
04-04-2004, 09:32 PM
I am going to post everytime this idiotic thing bothers me. It is pointless and annoying.

I'm sorry that I edit my posts so they don't contain typos.

Can you people get a clue. Almost every post I have made needs to be copied and pasted into another window.

bigboab
04-04-2004, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by hobbes@4 April 2004 - 21:32
I am going to post everytime this idiotic thing bothers me. It is pointless and annoying.

I'm sorry that I edit my posts so they don't contain typos.

Can you people get a clue. Almost every post I have made needs to be copied and pasted into another window.
I am afraid Hobbes if you are in its routine you wont get out. Unless the board goes down again. I once had to post 14 times. I then asked if someone would e-mail me when it improved. I did not post again until after the board was maintained. Strange enough after the board 'went down', I have not been 'anti spammed' once. Coincidence, I think not. :ph34r:

bigboab
04-04-2004, 09:46 PM
I was also like to add, would it not be a good idea if everyone did what I did. Every time you have to re-post, add a line with the number of times you have had to do it. This way admin would see just how many people are being affected by this. It would appear that they just dont give a F*ck. :ph34r:

Marius24
04-05-2004, 02:09 AM
i have only hit the anti spam thing once or twice. I can preview messages with out it getting me. Dunno why it gets you guys :huh:

Infact i am even going to preview this post now (i proberly just jynxed it :lol:)

edit nope no problems here :fugley:

hobbes
04-05-2004, 06:59 PM
It got me again, previewing my first post of the day.

Bad, bad anti-spam!!

DanB
04-05-2004, 07:06 PM
:lol: its a pain in the fecking arse

bigboab
04-05-2004, 07:08 PM
I think it is time to call for a poll to get rid of this. Why can anti-spam be invoked when hardly anyone is posting? I have been caught once since posting in here. during a quiet period on the board.

GET RID OF THE ANTI SPAMMER

hobbes
04-05-2004, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by danb@5 April 2004 - 20:06
:lol:  its a pain in the fecking arse
Danb,

I have no control over anti-spam but I can take care of that humping monkey problem of yours. I consumed mine and found it quite tasty, although many have complained that my "monkey farts" are pretty rancid.

djweiser
04-05-2004, 07:13 PM
I havent ran into any problems yet B)

touch wood :ph34r:

Busyman
04-05-2004, 07:15 PM
All I do is hit the back button

Copy the post

Repost it.

It happens so infrequently that it's hardly a burden.

I thinks it's happened to me maybe about 4 times.

bigboab
04-05-2004, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by djweiser@5 April 2004 - 19:13
touch wood :ph34r:
Stop scratching your head you will get a splinter. :D

DanB
04-05-2004, 07:17 PM
Thats the problems, people like me and BB have been hit it with too many times too count <_<

Hobbes, the monkey is doing a good job of clearing the nostril :ph34r:

Busyman
04-05-2004, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by danb@5 April 2004 - 15:17
Thats the problems, people like me and BB have been hit it with too many times too count <_<

Well.............

STOP SPAMMING THEN&#33;&#33;&#33; :lol: :lol:

or at the very least try to spell corrrectly the first time. :lol:

DanB
04-05-2004, 07:21 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: Well I guess by making it longer the feature is stopping me spam so its a kinda result <_<

Can&#39;t you tell I don&#39;t use the preview button anyway? :blink: :blink:

vidcc
04-05-2004, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by hobbes+5 April 2004 - 11:12--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hobbes @ 5 April 2004 - 11:12)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-danb@5 April 2004 - 20:06
Danb,

I have no control over anti-spam but I can take care of that humping monkey problem of yours. I consumed mine and found it quite tasty, although many have complained that my "monkey farts" are pretty rancid. [/b][/quote]
what is it with the humping monkey? :lol: it&#39;s damm funny i have to admit but it&#39;s turning up all over the place. is someone sabotaging the avatars or are people doing it themselves?
I think the one on danbs face is the funniest :lol:

Has anyone started a topic to see who can make the funniest humping picture yet?

bigboab
04-05-2004, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by Busyman+5 April 2004 - 19:19--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Busyman &#064; 5 April 2004 - 19:19)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-danb@5 April 2004 - 15:17

Well.............

or at the very least try to spell corrrectly the first time. :lol: [/b][/quote]
Busyman can you tell me why it is always you who stick up for admin, when the majority of other disagree? You did it with BD and on a few other occasions. Trying to become a MOD are we? :(

Incidentally for your information it does not happen with spelling correction. Or at least not with me. :ph34r:

hobbes
04-05-2004, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by vidcc+5 April 2004 - 20:21--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (vidcc @ 5 April 2004 - 20:21)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by hobbes@5 April 2004 - 11:12
<!--QuoteBegin-danb@5 April 2004 - 20:06
Danb,

I have no control over anti-spam but I can take care of that humping monkey problem of yours. I consumed mine and found it quite tasty, although many have complained that my "monkey farts" are pretty rancid.
what is it with the humping monkey? :lol: it&#39;s damm funny i have to admit but it&#39;s turning up all over the place. is someone sabotaging the avatars or are people doing it themselves?
I think the one on danbs face is the funniest :lol:

Has anyone started a topic to see who can make the funniest humping picture yet? [/b][/quote]
Have you missed this thread?

Humping Monkeys (http://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?showtopic=107539&view=findpost&p=958275)

vidcc
04-05-2004, 07:34 PM
completely missed it.....i don&#39;t spend enough time in the lounge by the looks of it :lol: been a bit busy lately.

Busyman
04-05-2004, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by bigboab+5 April 2004 - 15:24--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bigboab @ 5 April 2004 - 15:24)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Busyman@5 April 2004 - 19:19
<!--QuoteBegin-danb@5 April 2004 - 15:17

Well.............

or at the very least try to spell corrrectly the first time. :lol:
Busyman can you tell me why it is always you who stick up for admin, when the majority of other disagree? You did it with BD and on a few other occasions. Trying to become a MOD are we? :(

Incidentally for your information it does not happen with spelling correction. Or at least not with me. :ph34r: [/b][/quote]
Me, sticking up for admin?
You&#39;ve got to be kidding.

For the record I was against BD getting banned. However, I said that I was not surprised and neither should anyone else be imo.

What other occasions did "stick up" for admin?
I have actually been very critical if anything. I go about it in a different way is all; even regarding my closed thread ;) .

Btw I wouldn&#39;t mind modding now that I think about it. I would actually tone down a bit and you wouldn&#39;t know it&#39;s Busyman. It&#39;ll never happen though so don&#39;t worry.
I stay objective. I even remarked that anti-spam only stops double post and running of certain scripts.....which hardly goes on....but who knows what code someone out there is brewing to screw up the board?

bigboab
04-05-2004, 07:50 PM
@Busyman. I cant remember what one particular thread it was. It was that bad the I thought you were Lamsey who forgot to change his account name. If you dont believe me ask POL or Lamsey. At one time I thought that you were one of Lamsey&#39;s other accounts. :)

Busyman
04-05-2004, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by bigboab@5 April 2004 - 15:50
@Busyman. I cant remember what one particular thread it was. It was that bad the I thought you were Lamsey who forgot to change his account name. If you dont believe me ask POL or Lamsey. At one time I thought that you were one of Lamsey&#39;s other accounts. :)
Yeah I remember you asking me about that a couple of times. :lol: :lol:

I do have a number of accounts lurking about that mods can&#39;t track to me though.

Some they can track but either way I don&#39;t cause trouble with them. I cause enough with Busyman and I&#39;m not even trying. :lol: :lol:

edit: Please if you find a link where I was sucking mod ass, PM me or post it. I&#39;m curious to know what you are referring to.

DanB
04-05-2004, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by vidcc@5 April 2004 - 20:34
completely missed it.....i don&#39;t spend enough time in the lounge by the looks of it :lol: been a bit busy lately.
Its a fine thread Vidcc :lol:

I wish I could take the credit :rolleyes:

I must sya the anti spam has been a lot better since the day the board went down :ph34r:

Adster
04-05-2004, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by hobbes@5 April 2004 - 07:32

I&#39;m sorry that I edit my posts so they don&#39;t contain typos.

Agree

hobbes
04-12-2004, 04:45 AM
Hit me again, although I haven&#39;t posted in 20 minutes.

hobbes
04-23-2004, 06:09 AM
Replying to a thread, it hit me.
Replying to a thread it hit me.

I&#39;d like to but a clue, Pat.

shn
04-23-2004, 06:34 AM
When you piss off the mods or so-called admin, be it an offensive post or just simply because they do not like you and are to scared to bring that fact out in the open.............you get one of a number of things on this board.
You get the ip your using D0Sed with their ridicule ip tools. Btw, it shows up in your post.
You get inadvertingly logged in or out.
Or you get antispam message.
And if your a real "speak your mind" kind of person who hates censorship then you just might make it on their blacklist where they go and hire lame script kiddies to target you.

The level of decree you receive totally depends on you. :)

hobbes
04-23-2004, 06:38 AM
Actually, it is just a random fucked piece of programming.

I will call it as I see it.

I have never hestitated to tell the admin if they piss me off, I usually just do it via PM which is how it is supposed to work.

shn
04-23-2004, 06:42 AM
Originally posted by hobbes@23 April 2004 - 00:38
Actually, it is just a random fucked piece of programming.

I will call it as I see it.

I have never hestitated to tell the admin if they piss me off, I usually just do it via PM which is how it is supposed to work.
There&#39;s one other one they have up their sleeve as well.

They disable your pm&#39;s at their discretion :)

hobbes
04-23-2004, 06:43 AM
At what benefit, since I never spam.

The whole thing makes no sense.

shn
04-23-2004, 06:46 AM
Originally posted by hobbes@23 April 2004 - 00:43
At what benefit, since I never spam.

The whole thing makes no sense.
Let me break it down in laymen terms.

http://www.internetcampus.com/frtv/pix/target.gif http://web-worthy.com/saab/graphics/clipart/chig-target.jpg

You are the one on the left.

I suggest you don&#39;t make yourself a target. :)

hobbes
04-25-2004, 09:03 PM
For fuck sake, this has got to go. There is no rhyme nor reason to its appearance.

Not a random post, but a post chosen at random.

What a piece of crap&#33;

bujub22
04-25-2004, 09:06 PM
fuck the anti spam

Snee
04-25-2004, 09:43 PM
It seemed to hit me when i was posting at the same time as someone else in a thread, it&#39;s supposed to tag each post made, so they can&#39;t be made again, I kinda&#39; wonder if it tags two posts made at the same time with the same id, and thus cuts out whoever presses add reply last.

And also, since it does all this tagging, doesn&#39;t that put a strain on the board, I mean, executing a script that tags every post, doesn&#39;t that need some resources?

enoughfakefiles
04-25-2004, 09:45 PM
I got my first taste of this yesterday and i don`t spam.

Much. :lol: :lol: