PDA

View Full Version : Rar Files

Wizard_Mon1
04-05-2004, 02:04 PM
The file i d/led has many parts, i think this is because it went through newsgroups but i don't know what to do with it as a result.

Do i need to put them back together or can i play them as they are? with lan?

Thanks

Wiz

edit- Vlan plays it but it jogs every time it opens a new part. Any suggestions ?

Afronaut
04-05-2004, 02:43 PM
Rar files are packed, like Zip.

I would UnRar the files.

If it works without UnRaring, great, but im pretty sure it takes more sys.recourses as
the file be extracted to Temp folder or to memory anyway.

:cool2:

Wizard_Mon1
04-05-2004, 03:41 PM
How to unrar?

I just got another film that rar but it doesn't play. b-hntmns.r01?

If i unrar will it automatically piece them together or do i need something else to do that.

cwctv
04-05-2004, 04:33 PM
Unrar and it will play ok if that file is corrupt redownload that only.Ie for Bt just remove the file then restart the download and you'll get it again this time not corrupt hopefully.

newcster68
04-05-2004, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by Wizard_Mon1@5 April 2004 - 08:04
The file i d/led has many parts, i think this is because it went through newsgroups but i don't know what to do with it as a result.

Do i need to put them back together or can i play them as they are? with lan?

Thanks

Wiz

edit- Vlan plays it but it jogs every time it opens a new part. Any suggestions ?
Any movie that is in rar format which usually consists of about 40 to 50 rars to make a complete movie. If you have all the rar's to that movie you need to use Winrar 3.30 (http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm) to extract the movie. Usually it's the last rar or the first that you need to click on. Once you have extracted the movie, it may then be in bin or mpeg format. If it is in bin format then u need IsoBuster 1.5 (http://www.smart-projects.net/isobusterdownload.htm) to extract the mpeg from the bin..

Hope that helps a bit :D

Wizard_Mon1
04-05-2004, 06:19 PM
Thanks newcster, this filesharing malarchy can be so complicated sometimes.

h121589
04-05-2004, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by newcster68@5 April 2004 - 18:04
If it is in bin format then u need IsoBuster 1.5 (http://www.smart-projects.net/isobusterdownload.htm) to extract the mpeg from the bin..

Hope that helps a bit :D
not really u can watch the bin format wit VideoLan

Draconos
04-06-2004, 06:36 AM
I think converting rar. files is a huge pain in the ass. is there a faster way of converting them other than going from the first file one by one to the end.?

D

newcster68
04-06-2004, 06:47 AM
Originally posted by Draconos@6 April 2004 - 00:36
I think converting rar. files is a huge pain in the ass. is there a faster way of converting them other than going from the first file one by one to the end.?

D
your not converting the rar files....you merely extracting the bin or mpeg from the the rar.

a rar is merely a format that is used to keep the bin or mpeg in sections which can keep an entire movie from getting corrupt. By splitting the movie into seperate parts helps out greatly cause if it somehow gets corrupt in transfer it may only happen to maybe 1 or 2 rars and not the entire movie.

if you get a corrupt rar file all you need to do is go on irc and request the good rar which you can go to the server incomplete-warez.net and then to channel: incomplete-warez.

Wizard_Mon1
04-06-2004, 04:33 PM
how does the iso buster work?