PDA

View Full Version : How To Update The Bios?

jonathan_tijuana
04-05-2004, 10:26 PM
i downloaded the file, i have an ASUS A7N8X2.0 Deluxe an downloaded the most recent version that is A7N8X Deluxe BIOS C1007 the problem is that i dont know what to do, how do i update it? the file that i downloaded is a bin. any help will be appresiated. :helpsmile:

Thanks.

Jonathan B.

tesco
04-05-2004, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by jonathan_tijuana@5 April 2004 - 17:26
i downloaded the file, i have an ASUS A7N8X2.0 Deluxe an downloaded the most recent version that is A7N8X Deluxe BIOS C1007 the problem is that i dont know what to do, how do i update it? the file that i downloaded is a bin. any help will be appresiated. :helpsmile:

Thanks.

Jonathan B.
well the jist of it is that you will have a flashing program which either runs from windows and you just run it then select the bios file then it updates, or you might have a dos version which you put the flash program on a floppy along with the bios file then boot into dos mode and type some commands to get it to flash.

you can get teh flash program and bios file from asus website, and the instructions to flashing will either be found in your manual, the cd that came with the motherboard, or on asus website.

lynx
04-05-2004, 11:26 PM
Download and install Asus Update (http://www.asus.com.tw/support/download/selectftp.aspx?l1_id=1&l2_id=11&l3_id=0&m_id=1&f_name=Asusupdt52302.zip~zaqwedc).

It runs in Windows and allows you to download and install bios updates from the internet, or from your drive if you've already downloaded the new bios.