PDA

View Full Version : Outside Influences

user__name
04-06-2004, 02:48 PM
Don't know if its been discussed here, but the RIAA keep on going on about the sales of albums have slumped and all that.

Well, did they stop and think how much of an impact auction sites are having on their sales? Ebay for example. I mean, there is SOOOOOOOOOOOO manynearly new albums being sold on auction, and a particular album may be put back on ebay several times, from different buyers. People may buy them to copy them and then sell them on.

Maybe that has put a dramatic affect to their sales. Not as big as P2P networks of course, but it would still count surely?

Any thoughts on that?

aoyv73
04-06-2004, 05:44 PM
UK study shows P2P is good for sales and reason sales are down is the high prices

Due to poeple try song then go oh wow thats so good must rush out and buy this True my kids allways want the real deal CD the the copy

user__name
04-06-2004, 06:12 PM
its the people that download just for the sake of it, to add to collections that is giving p2p the bad name. If I hear music I like, I download more to see if the album's any good. if it is, I buy it. If its not, I delete it from my hard drive.

As simple as.

Sparkle1984
04-07-2004, 02:56 PM
its the people that download just for the sake of it, to add to collections that is giving p2p the bad name.

That's the main reason why I go here ! :lol:

lee551
04-09-2004, 04:58 AM
i always laugh at people with all-burned cd collections. i know they saved money, but i would never make my whole "physical" cd collection out of burned copies... :rolleyes: