PDA

View Full Version : Help With K-lite

Woodruffe
04-06-2004, 05:51 PM
Hope someone can help please!

I've used K-Lite 2.43 without a problem for a while until my computer got some nasty spy/adware on it and I had to clean it up using 'hijackthis' and now for some reason whenever I go to start K-Lite I get the border of the screen with the menu's and it saying 'Kazaa Lite - Web' on the top and it crashes!

I've tried older versions of it, I've even tried the new resurrection versions and it always ends up 'Not Responding' As a last ditch effort I installed KMD and that worked so now I've spent another 20 mins getting rid of the spyware that put on :(

Getting a bit peeved off now, or is this someone's way of telling me to move to another P2P program?

:angry:

Thanks in advance,
Ben.

Wizard_Mon1
04-06-2004, 05:59 PM
Try clearing your shared folder as sometimes it stores currupt files.

What error does it crash with?

Could also be a firewall prob?

Try other progs see if they are the same just get the lite versions. e.g. overnet lite etc.

Woodruffe
04-06-2004, 06:09 PM
The firewall hasn't been changed so I don't think it could be that.

The only error I can make out is that XP says its 'Not Responding'. I've loaded it up with Task manager running at the same time and it just freezes straight away.

Tried cleaning up those folders you told me to and still no joy :(

Wizard_Mon1
04-06-2004, 06:15 PM
And you have tried reinstalling 2.4.3?

Muscle Man should be able to help more, don't know when he'll be on.

Woodruffe
04-06-2004, 06:23 PM
Yup, tried reinstalling a few times. Been looking through past posts and also moved the db folder.

Ah......

A Breakthrough!

Just managed to get a copy of Clean KMD and it works but I'm still baffled why K-Lite 2.4.3 wont...........

I'm not going to let this lie :D

Thanks for your help so far.

Ben.

Wizard_Mon1
04-06-2004, 07:09 PM
No probs. ;)