PDA

View Full Version : Xp Thumbnail Icons' Tend To Crash The System

Wolfmight
04-07-2004, 02:59 AM
I notice the only times my explorer crashes sometimes is when displaying thumbnail icons for movies or images. This happends anywhere and with anything randomly. Has anyone heard of this and hopefully has a solution?

shn
04-07-2004, 03:10 AM
The soulution is to change your "view" settings to List.

Go to view tab in explorer window and select "list" or "detailed" :)

Wolfmight
04-07-2004, 03:37 AM
Yea, i know that, but I require Thumbnails for my work all the time. It saves me tons of time, but now of days it's been crashing soo much that i'm going insane. Reg Cleaners, Spyware Cleaners, Antivirus, and defrag all dont work! What is going on??

4th gen
04-07-2004, 03:44 AM
Originally posted by BOT
Right click here (http://www.home.no/k-lite/XP-AVIFIX.inf) and save target as. When the file is downloaded right click the file and choose install.

BOT

shn
04-07-2004, 04:04 AM
Originally posted by Wolfmight@6 April 2004 - 21:37
Yea, i know that, but I require Thumbnails for my work all the time. It saves me tons of time, but now of days it's been crashing soo much that i'm going insane. Reg Cleaners, Spyware Cleaners, Antivirus, and defrag all dont work! What is going on??
This box sucks! :angry:

Anyway, Like I was saying. Windows can't handle a lot of thumbnails especially if you have cacheing turned on.

It will continue to crash unless you reduce the amount of thumbnails in the folder or change the folder view. :)

Wolfmight
04-07-2004, 04:26 AM
Originally posted by 4th gen+6 April 2004 - 21:44--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (4th gen @ 6 April 2004 - 21:44)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-BOT
Right click here (http://www.home.no/k-lite/XP-AVIFIX.inf) and save target as. When the file is downloaded right click the file and choose install.

BOT [/b][/quote]
Installation keeps failing.. i redownloaded it 3 times and no dice. dang.

@shn, is there another solution to browseing my enourmous amount of info that i need to view thumbnails for? What about that program FileMaker Pro 7? I heard it doesnt crash like stupid ass IE. maybe i&#39;ll go snag it because I just cant have this crap crash on me like this&#33;

shn
04-07-2004, 04:31 AM
Originally posted by Wolfmight+6 April 2004 - 22:26--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Wolfmight &#064; 6 April 2004 - 22:26)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by 4th gen@6 April 2004 - 21:44
<!--QuoteBegin-BOT

BOT
Installation keeps failing.. i redownloaded it 3 times and no dice. dang.

@shn, is there another solution to browseing my enourmous amount of info that i need to view thumbnails for? What about that program FileMaker Pro 7? I heard it doesnt crash like stupid ass IE. maybe i&#39;ll go snag it because I just cant have this crap crash on me like this&#33;[/b][/quote]
Irfanview maybe? :huh:

I&#39;m sure anything you can use as a file manager that can display thumbnails as well will beat explorer. :)

Wolfmight
04-07-2004, 04:52 AM
hmm.. anything that can replace IE by defualt?