PDA

View Full Version : Marillion

Sneepboy
03-11-2003, 08:42 PM
Years ago I was turned on to Marillion. I really enjoyed the Misplaced Childhood album. I looked at their website & they have a bunch of albums. I wonder why they are not played here in the states? Anyways, since then I have purchased Fugazi & Clutching at Straws and have downloaded another couple of albums but I just dont like them as much as Misplaced Childhood. Maybe Im getting the wrong ones. (the unpopular ones). Anyone have any suggestions for their more popular albums? I would really like to give them another try. Thanks in advance.

i8gtmf
03-11-2003, 08:48 PM
If you have listened to Marillion you really need script for a jesters tear it's their first album but i can listen to it over and over again also if you like live stuff suggest real to reel..but admittedly they are not as commercial as misplaced childhood

Sneepboy
03-12-2003, 01:36 AM
Cool, I have that partially downloaded. Hopefully I'll get it soon.
Do you know of any of their newer stuff thats any good?

i8gtmf
03-13-2003, 07:52 AM
You could try holidays in eden,brave or afraid of sunlight i have those and they are all ok but i prefer the fish stuff better.Anoraknophobia is their latest album check out marillion.com (http://www.marillion.com)for more info

LongJohn
03-13-2003, 10:41 AM
Marillion are one of a few bands who really made the net work for them. I remember reading somewhere recently that as their wider appeal had diminished they were dropped by their label but still retained a sizeable loyal following and through the fanbase on the web managed to finance the release of the album that the record company abandoned. They did this through pre-selling the album before it was made.
Well, I guess they were never doing it just for the money anyway. Power to 'em.

LJ

Sneepboy
03-13-2003, 09:00 PM
Hey, thanks for the info. What LongJohn says would explain why we don't hear any of their music on the radio in the states.
More power to em indeed.

princess lillian
03-20-2003, 08:40 AM
I would recommend holidays in eden its a great album for Marillion fans although fish had left the band at this stage but still an excellent album to get.