PDA

View Full Version : Volvo Concept Car

shn
04-07-2004, 08:59 AM
By Jorn Madslien
BBC News Online business reporter at the Geneva motor show 

Volvo's new 'Your Concept Car' is sleek and low-maintenance
Volvo's new concept car, launched at the Geneva motor show, is a car designed by women for women.

If the Calendar Girls were making cars, this is what they would look like.

Volvo's latest offering seems to be almost more of a break with tradition than the Women's Institute members stripping off for a calendar.

The 'Your Concept Car' (YCC), on display for the first time at the Geneva Motor Show, was designed by a team of women keen to change the way most cars are designed with male drivers in mind.

Swedes being Swedes, the Volvo concept car remains eminently sensible.

Only this time, it is common sense spelt with an F for Feminine rather than Farmer.............

Interesting. It probably won't ever go into production but they say some of the concepts may be implemented into other volvo cars.

Source (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/3528757.stm)

I drive a freelander. I always knew there was something missing. Too bad it's Man-Made :(

Mad Cat
04-07-2004, 09:05 AM

So the leather seats will be all wrinkly :( :blink:

shn
04-07-2004, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by Mad Cat@7 April 2004 - 03:05

So the leather seats will be all wrinkly :( :blink:
I doubt it. Most chaps can't get it up. ;)

Virtualbody1234
04-07-2004, 02:44 PM
Check out at Volvo site: Click here. (http://www.volvocanada.com/index.asp?pag=newvolvo&lng=en&col=blue&typ=newvolvo#) 'Your Concept Car' is at the top right.

RGX
04-07-2004, 03:12 PM
The whole front of the car is moulded in one piece which can be removed only by a Volvo mechanic.

"Honestly, the only time I open the bonnet on my car is when I want to fill up washer fluid," said Tatiana Butovitsch Temm.

"Do we need to have a one metre square hatch for that or could we do it in another way?

"So we shifted the filling station for washer fluid to the side of the car, next to where you fill up fuel, and we closed the bonnet for good."

The car should be programmed to discover any problems under the bonnet, then send a message to the garage to let them know.

How stupid is that? What about topping up oil? Are you going to pay a mechanic for that? How about your fanbelt goes on the motorway, you have a spare with you or an AA man is called with a spare but OH NO, only volvo can replace it at a premium rate all because of your stupidly designed bonnet. What the hells wrong with a hatch?

Coming from someone who has been repairing engines with his family since he was 4, that is the worst idea ever.

Canti
04-07-2004, 05:10 PM
Having the fuel port next to the windshield washer port is probably a bad idea..
All it takes is one second of not paying attention and disaster..