PDA

View Full Version : Kazza Is The Best Program

Peachey
04-07-2004, 06:19 PM
Whould kazza not be MUCH better if it could use more than one network, like sharazaa?

Rocktron
04-07-2004, 06:24 PM
What is Kazaa? :o :rolleyes:
Sorry , i just never use it anymore. It's not on my PC anymore either.

*Rocktron only uses Soulseek (for REAL music) and BitTorrent (for real movies)
That's it really.....

tralalala
04-07-2004, 07:06 PM
wouldnt that be Kazaa-Lite???

who uses Kazaa on this forum any more???

and btw yes, using more than one network would solve it all... but hey, we currently got the fasttrack network.. so lets be thankful we have that :)

Rafi

delphin460
04-07-2004, 07:23 PM
using multiple networks actualy eats into you available bandwidth
plus most searches have an upper number limit overall , so you will only see x amount anyway

Formula1
04-07-2004, 09:03 PM
kazaa sucks.

Mr. Blunt
04-07-2004, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by Formula1@7 April 2004 - 13:03
kazaa sucks.
Well said. ;) :D

james_bond_rulez
04-07-2004, 10:00 PM
what is kazaa? :blink: lolz...

bulio
04-07-2004, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by Peachey@7 April 2004 - 18:19
Whould kazza not be MUCH better if it could use more than one network, like sharazaa?
kazaa? :blink:

aoyv73
04-07-2004, 11:14 PM
That would be an ecumenical matter

Broken
04-08-2004, 02:50 AM
For those of you who don't know.

Kazaa is a very old file sharing client. At a time, it was the best p2p type program out there. But, it was corrupted with fake files and leechers which ruined the network.

Rumor has it that the kazza network still exist - only with misnamed files, fakes, viruses, and more leechers than can be imagined.

R.I.P Kazaa, I will always remember whan you were.

Aaron_T
04-08-2004, 02:54 AM
k-lite still great for downloading basically anything i use it all the time and 99% of the time get perfect files.

I think people are listening to other people saying its crap and going along with it :)

RealitY
04-08-2004, 05:45 AM
I heard somewhere that Kazaa was a gay fetish toy, although I have no proof...
:o :o

Can anyone confirm this??
Let us know if so.
:huh: :huh:

h1
04-08-2004, 07:00 AM
Kazaa? No, it's all about newsgroups and IRC...

Aaron_T
04-08-2004, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by REALITY@8 April 2004 - 04:45
I heard somewhere that Kazaa was a gay fetish toy, although I have no proof...
:o :o

Can anyone confirm this??
Let us know if so.
:blink:

Sparkle1984
04-08-2004, 03:37 PM
who uses Kazaa on this forum any more???

Me! :D

And as for the person who said ecumencal matter (whatever that strange word is) it sounds like something to do with religion or something !
OK I will get my dictionary out now !! :lol:

[B][O][T]
04-08-2004, 03:39 PM
It's not the best program....

BOT

Sparkle1984
04-08-2004, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by [B][O][T]@8 April 2004 - 15:39
It's not the best program....

BOT
Well I suppose it all depends on a person's individual needs.

If a person needs albums, they would go on soulseek, but if they needed some software or films they could get them from k-lite faster, because it has multi-source downloading.

RealitY
04-08-2004, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by Sparkle1984@8 April 2004 - 07:48
but if they needed some software or films they could get them from k-lite faster, because it has multi-source downloading.
Did you say softwate...

Nah I must be hearing things unless you mean infected software. Things is nobody should suggest that getting software on Fast Track is a good idea, unless you are feeling rather brave and have a disliking for your computer. Fast Track has poor hashing and lots of infected files.

If its software you need there are lots of other multi source apps like the ones that use the EDK2 network which have much better hashing and lots of verivied sites.

Sparkle1984
04-08-2004, 08:19 PM
Last week I downloaded Paint Shop Pro 8 and Animation Shop 3 from K-Lite, together with the cracks........ and no problem, my computer is still well ! :D

I always scan the exe before I run them, to make sure they are safe.

Rip The Jacker
04-08-2004, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by haxor41789@7 April 2004 - 23:00
Kazaa? No, it's all about newsgroups and IRC...
Yup. More than half the members here don't use Kazaa Lite anymore.

Sparkle1984
04-08-2004, 10:51 PM
...and i don&#39;t have the patience to use newsgroups &#33; <_<

Ynhockey
04-09-2004, 05:07 AM
I think FastTrack is still the best network... as i&#39;ve said many times in the past, it&#39;s the only one where you can easily search and download - on ed2k your searches won&#39;t mean squat, anything below 50 sources would be virtually undownloadable, on BT there&#39;s no way to search at all, and Ares, Slsk, Mp2p, Gnutella&G2, etc. are way too small.

It&#39;s too bad that FT has the crappiest clients, the most infected, mislabelled, etc. files, etc. but simply because of the fact that you can search and download what you find makes it the best IMO. I personally use FT, Shareaza (for ed2k and BT) and DC.

mIRC and Newgroups? My friend was a member of a release group, so he can get practically any file from mIRC and FTPs. Same with other people who hang around mIRC a lot in file-sharing channels... but for the casual user, mIRC isn&#39;t really anything. It&#39;s difficult to find channels where the files you need are available for public download, but it&#39;s even more difficult to find a user without a long queue AND the files you need.

Sparkle1984
04-09-2004, 08:41 PM
http://www.rajuabju.com/literature/kazaa.htm This site always makes me laugh - it&#39;s Raju Abju&#39;s love letter about Kazaa &#33; He is absolutely wild about it&#33; :D :lol:

Peachey
04-09-2004, 10:06 PM
Uhhhhh last time I was on this fourm it was the K-Lite fourm (:huh:)

Z-95
04-09-2004, 10:27 PM
Sure, on Kazaa, you can download games (with no music or movies), software (with stuff ripped out and viruses), or music (mostly corrupted). OR, you can use other networks to get full isos or albums or entire series. I use mainly BitTorrent and eMule. eMule is great for large, rare files, while BitTorrent, well, I just downloaded a 677 MB file in less than an hour&#33; Kazaa, pshhh, stopped using that months ago. :D

masterpiece21
04-10-2004, 01:14 AM
kazaa is a pimp program but FT just fucks it up........only if people werent usch dumasses and wolud clean out thier shared folder of corrupted files n various other crappy 1&#39;s :angry:

Peachey
04-11-2004, 05:17 PM
What im saying is Whould it be possible to make a versoin of K-Lite which could use more than one Network lik e Sharaza. IS THIS POSSIBLE

Formula1
04-11-2004, 05:27 PM
Kazaa in more than one network wouldnt be a good idead , because the riaa would put corrupted files in other networks too...

tensegg
04-11-2004, 05:34 PM
Man I hear this stuff all day long, change the record dudes, I use k-lite and fastrack daily, I dont get fucked up software or viruses or fake mp3s, I get quality stuff, fast, with little problems, certainly no more problems than I get with any of the other networks. Sure if your completely stooooopid, and your not carefull, FT is the place to find all the bad shit you want, but hey, just dont be stoooopid, take your time and choose your downloads carefully, and rip till you die. :D :D

Kazaa in more than one network wouldnt be a good idead , because the riaa would put corrupted files in other networks too...

those corrupted files will find their way to the other networks anyway, since the stooopid users will share their fake files with the other networks. Damn fools :(

@ sparkle, I smell new release from FT and Lite today, happy easter :D

3RA1N1AC
04-11-2004, 07:21 PM
i still rev up the ol&#39; K-Lite once in a blue moon. Kazaa would&#39;ve been better if it had error-checking built in, though. nearly every large movie file i ever got from FastTrack has corrupted frames. and trying to get large game or software files? fuhgeddaboutit. :lol:

Mr. Blunt
04-11-2004, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by Peachey@9 April 2004 - 14:06
Uhhhhh last time I was on this fourm it was the K-Lite fourm (:huh:)
No...it&#39;s actually a filesharing board. ;)

Broken
04-12-2004, 01:22 AM
BT is the best file sharing system out there.

You have whole forums, of very friendly users, sharing files that are almost 100% what they say they are.

There isn&#39;t a search feature, but if you request a file many people will bend over backwards trying to help you.

It is very, very, very, fast. Some kazaa users say it&#39;s slow because they start a download and are only getting maybe 15KB or so. Well, kazaa runs in kb not KB. Times (X) that 15 by 4 and you have what you would have in kb, what kazaa runs in. And it&#39;s not uncommon to get speeds of 200 or 300KB.

4th gen
04-12-2004, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by Broken@12 April 2004 - 00:22

It is very, very, very, fast. Some kazaa users say it&#39;s slow because they start a download and are only getting maybe 15KB or so. Well, kazaa runs in kb not KB. Times (X) that 15 by 4 and you have what you would have in kb, what kazaa runs in. And it&#39;s not uncommon to get speeds of 200 or 300KB.
BT is incredibly insecure.

Kazaa displays speeds in kB/s (kilobytes/second).

The conversion between kB/s (kilobytes/second) and kb/s (kilobits/second) is to multiply by 8, not 4.

Bitt displays speeds in kB/s

todzuallen
04-12-2004, 02:26 AM
Kazaa sucks but KCeasy gives me hope.

Mementh
04-12-2004, 03:53 AM
KCeasy sux big time. I would be good if it worked. But the downloads never start going they just sit there. So i wouldnt be touching KCeasy with someone elses pole...

RealitY
04-12-2004, 04:06 AM
Originally posted by Sparkle1984@8 April 2004 - 14:51
...and i don&#39;t have the patience to use newsgroups &#33; <_<
Maybe this will help you then...
http://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?act=S...t=0#entry970320 (http://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?act=ST&f=40&t=108650&st=0#entry970320)

tensegg
04-12-2004, 04:52 AM
Originally posted by todzuallen@12 April 2004 - 02:26
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

but not in here :P

Broken
04-12-2004, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by 4th gen+12 April 2004 - 01:26--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (4th gen @ 12 April 2004 - 01:26)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Broken@12 April 2004 - 00:22

It is very, very, very, fast.&nbsp; Some kazaa users say it&#39;s slow because they start a download and are only getting maybe 15KB or so.&nbsp; Well, kazaa runs in kb not KB.&nbsp; Times (X) that 15 by 4 and you have what you would have in kb, what kazaa runs in. And it&#39;s not uncommon to get speeds of 200 or 300KB.
BT is incredibly insecure.

Kazaa displays speeds in kB/s (kilobytes/second).

The conversion between kB/s (kilobytes/second) and kb/s (kilobits/second) is to multiply by 8, not 4.

Bitt displays speeds in kB/s [/b][/quote]
Thanks for the corrections, i was just typing off the top of my head at that second.

No filesharing system unless amoung people you actually know is 100% secure. Sharing files with strangers is risky, and just needs to be accepted if you are going to perticipate. Although there are things that can be done on the individual user&#39;s part to secure thier side.

This is the case for all forms of filesharing that I am aware of......

BT is the best file sharing tool out a the moment. I say the moment because things could swing one way or another quickly. Although "older" files are harder to come by, if you even a half-decent list of sites you can get almost anything out there. And by not having a search feature you may even luck into something better that you didn&#39;t even know was out there.

BT is the best for larger files. (and what files out there aren&#39;t large, and they are only getting bigger)
Large files because it has file checking built into the program that BT runs off of. You are going to get a none currpt clone of the original file that was being shared. Plus, unlike other program (where you maybe only downloading from a single seed) you download from everyone downloading that file no matter if they have completed their download or not. In fact, as long has there is a compelete copy among peers you don&#39;t even need someone with a full copy to complete a download. This makes for unbelievable download speeds.

4th gen
04-12-2004, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by Broken@12 April 2004 - 21:58
Thanks for the corrections, i was just typing off the top of my head at that second.

No filesharing system unless amoung people you actually know is 100% secure. Sharing files with strangers is risky, and just needs to be accepted if you are going to perticipate. Although there are things that can be done on the individual user&#39;s part to secure thier side.

This is the case for all forms of filesharing that I am aware of......

BT is the best file sharing tool out a the moment. I say the moment because things could swing one way or another quickly. Although "older" files are harder to come by, if you even a half-decent list of sites you can get almost anything out there. And by not having a search feature you may even luck into something better that you didn&#39;t even know was out there.

BT is the best for larger files. (and what files out there aren&#39;t large, and they are only getting bigger)
Large files because it has file checking built into the program that BT runs off of. You are going to get a none currpt clone of the original file that was being shared. Plus, unlike other program (where you maybe only downloading from a single seed) you download from everyone downloading that file no matter if they have completed their download or not. In fact, as long has there is a compelete copy among peers you don&#39;t even need someone with a full copy to complete a download. This makes for unbelievable download speeds.
Never heard of newsgroups? ;)

Broken
04-13-2004, 12:04 AM
As i said...
nothing is 100% secure.

4th gen
04-13-2004, 02:30 AM
Originally posted by Broken@12 April 2004 - 23:04
As i said...
nothing is 100% secure.
Erm...the only people who know what I&#39;m downloading are my ISP. I never upload to newsgroups, I use other protocols.

I&#39;d say that was secure