PDA

View Full Version : Logitech Z-560 Connectivity...

4th gen
04-08-2004, 03:41 AM
Does anyone know if I can connect my Logitech Z-560 speaker set up to my PS2 in some way or other?

adamp2p
04-08-2004, 05:12 AM
Originally posted by 4th gen@7 April 2004 - 19:41
Does anyone know if I can connect my Logitech Z-560 speaker set up to my PS2 in some way or other?
Hmmm, I have no clue, my friend...

However, I like your signature...

:)

Mad Cat
04-08-2004, 09:09 AM
Why not?

I know they haven't got a built in Dolby Digital decoder, but the PS2 has the proper optical output for you to use a 5.1 decoder.

If its like Creative speakers, wires go into sub, sub goes into input.
I do know one of the Xbox, PS2 or Gamecube has 5.1 support. Try and find out, it can't hurt.

4th gen
04-08-2004, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by Mad Cat@8 April 2004 - 08:09
Why not?

I know they haven't got a built in Dolby Digital decoder, but the PS2 has the proper optical output for you to use a 5.1 decoder.

If its like Creative speakers, wires go into sub, sub goes into input.
I do know one of the Xbox, PS2 or Gamecube has 5.1 support. Try and find out, it can't hurt.
I'm not sure how to...you have a link to a guide or something?

@adam: cheers :) It's coming up for Senna's 10th anniversary of his death, and the passage is pretty inspirational to me

Mad Cat
04-08-2004, 09:42 AM
Dolby has a quick guide here (http://www.dolby.com/games/sony.ps2.faq.html).

Sounds as if you can plug in your 4.1s, but you'll only get surround sound during cut scenes, unless you buy Dolby's decoder :rolleyes: .

tesco
04-08-2004, 01:16 PM
use a feamle rca to female 3.5mm adaptor...cant realy explain much more than that right now im in a rush to get out...if someone else can expand on what ive said, possibly with pictures, that would be great thanks...if not i will post pics later for you.

well i couldny find a female to female plug but here is sorta what im talking about:
http://www.mycableshop.com/thumbnails/CSTER35-6Y.jpg.gif

you can plug the red and white wire of your ps2 into the red and white on this wire, and the 3.5mm can go into your computer's line-in jack on your sound card.