PDA

View Full Version : Nhl Playoffs Have Begun!

NikkiD
04-08-2004, 04:25 PM
Well the playoffs started in a big way last night, with the Habs getting their asses kicked by Boston, final score 3-0. :D

In the west, Detriot came back from a 1-0 deficit to beat the Predators 3-1 - no surprises there. Shocking to see Lagace in net and not Joseph.

The Canucks took the Flames in a 5-3 victory, again no big shock.

The Avalanche beat the Stars 3-1. Not that I don't like the Avalance, they've got a lot of really well respected players, I'm a nut for Sakic and Blake, but I wonder if they've bought themselves yet another Stanley cup this year?

Leafs play the Sens in the first round, game 1 tonight, and considering Ottawa's record against the Leafs this year (Leafs have a record of 4-1-1 against Ottawa this season), and Ottawa's past playoff performance against the Leafs (knocked out by Toronto 3 years in a row), this should be good. (Or is that boring?)

I forsee this as being a pretty nasty series though, the rivalry between these two teams is intense. Expect to see some blows exchanged between Domi and Neil, seems inevitable these two will fight at some point if Neil keeps pushing Domi the way he did on Saturday night.

You have to love it when Ottawa players get booed in their own arena - because there are more Leafs fans than Sens fans. :lol: I can't remember which Sens player it was, but one of them said the other day that it will be like playing all their games on the road this series, and that even playing on home ice is no advantage.

Let the battle of Ontario begin. :01:

Also tonight, the series start between Philly and and the Devils, Tampa Bay and the Islanders (wait, am I really saying Tampa Bay and playoffs??? Hats off to you boys, you surprised a lot of people. :blink: ), and San Jose and St. Louis.

Rappy
04-08-2004, 04:31 PM
Eh Hockey playoffs last a lifetime i can't get into them the start of the baseball season is more exciteing for me also the NBA playoffs are comeing soon

oldmancan
04-08-2004, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by Rappy@8 April 2004 - 09:31
Eh Hockey playoffs last a lifetime i can't get into them the start of the baseball season is more exciteing for me  also the NBA playoffs are comeing soon
What's the matter Rappy, do you miss the blue streak? :boxing:

Baseball is exciting? More exciting than playoff hockey?:crazy:

This is about the only time off the year that any televised spectator sport can draw my attention.

Now where'd I put that Original Six signature?

:beerchug: omc

j2k4
04-08-2004, 06:32 PM
Nikki-

I'll pull for your Leafs if you pull for the 'Wings, eh? :D

NikkiD
04-08-2004, 07:47 PM
I always pull for the Wings - in the event the Leafs don't make it. :) Which is every years since I've been alive. :lol:

Would still like to see Cujo get that Stanley Cup ring. :)