PDA

View Full Version : Just Got Broken Into...

cpt_azad
04-09-2004, 04:18 AM
so we got broken into today, worst thing that could happen to me, they stole my home theater system and a bunch of dvds (50 dvds, 17 xbox games). here's the most saddest part of all, the thieves were my downstairs (tenants) boyfriend and the boyfriends friend. they showed up at 4 pm, how stupid, this was right after i got home and heard the news from my dad. rule #1: never steal from a guy who can bench press 225 lbs and curl 50 lbs dumbells, i went out there and got right up to him, beat the living shit out of him, my dad and all the neighbors were yelling for me to stop, but i didn't give a fuck, i made the motherfucka bleed like the worthless bitch he his. now they're threatning to sue us, i don't give a fuck, cuz i broke his nose, jaw, and leg. what a pussy, ironic thing: i'm only 16, and the bastard was like 25 and his friend weighed 300 or so pounds and was also 25. i beat the shit out of both of em, pussies didn't even know how to fight, i still got a bunch of adrenaline left in my system, thought that typing this up would release some of it, i'm still fuckin pissed though, those bastards, fuck

edit: the guy actually tried to fight back, what a dumass, he just made it that much more humiliating, one punched the fat guy btw, he was on the ground bleeding from his mouth and i kicked him until the guy cried, seriosly, some ppl are pussies man, if ur gonna steal something become a man first, not a pussy who doesn&#39;t even know how to block punches or reverse them or defend themselves, oh and get this, guy pulls out a switchblade, just punched his forearm, heard it snap like a twig (fat guy), now the cops are questioning me (were questioning me) and the ambulance paramdics gave me a nasty look, but i don&#39;t give a fuck, i&#39;m fuckin pissed <_<

Rip The Jacker
04-09-2004, 04:35 AM
Damn... :o That sucks.

1. How did you know the theives were your downstairs (tenants) boyfriend and the boyfriends friend.
2. You could have tried asking them for your stuff before kicking their asses?
3. Did you tell them to, or get your stuff back in the end?

Man I wouldn&#39;t want to get on your bad side.

rf9rider
04-09-2004, 05:19 AM
Now thats the PROPER way to treat thieves.

Well done mate :)

cpt_azad
04-09-2004, 05:39 AM
Originally posted by rf9rider@8 April 2004 - 21:19

Well done mate :)
hell ya, i got my stuff back, bastards sold it at some pawn shop, the good ol police got it back for us (had to find the serial number for the receiver first, no biggie). as for asking them b4 kicking their ass, when i went up to him the bitch is like "what r u gonna do?" in a bad attitude way, i didn&#39;t even say anything, first impulse was right in the face, hit him as hard as i could, he didn&#39;t get back for 1 minute or two, but the chubby guy was reluctant to win, big mistake. i knew that they were the downstairs tenants because i knew what the guy looked like (the skinny blonde haired white guy). i still can&#39;t get over it, i kicked a 300 lbs man&#39;s ass who pulled a switchblade on me, that&#39;s just pathetic, i guess working out has extremely big advantages when it comes to ass kicking. now i gotta go to court next month cuz of this "behavioral problem" shit, but like i said i don&#39;t give a fuck, you touch my stuff and ur as good as a dead man (or a severly beaten up one at best)

EDIT: thanks rf9rider

h1
04-09-2004, 06:42 AM
Being 16 is both a blessing and a curse for you. Were you older, you would probably have been charged with aggravated assault.

But since you&#39;re a juvenile, you now have to make your way through the fucked-up family court system.

I&#39;ve been there for assault, it&#39;s not a pleasant thing.

Rip The Jacker
04-09-2004, 06:46 AM
Originally posted by haxor41789@8 April 2004 - 22:42
I feel a story coming, what did you do? :huh:

@cpt_azad
Though what you did was a bit wrong and could get you in trouble, I bet it felt great.

bigboab
04-09-2004, 06:51 AM
Well done Cpt. :) That is the best news I have heard this morning. I hope a few more people follow your example and are backed up by the authorities.

I always found it strange that if someone says something or breaches the security of a country they can go and bomb and kill them(sometimes without proof). Yet if someone breaches the sanctity of your own house, steals and rapes, you are supposed to do nothing. :(

Again I say congratulations.http://members.shaw.ca/wenpigsfly/smileys/clap2.gif

cpt_azad
04-09-2004, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by bigboab@8 April 2004 - 22:51
Well done Cpt. :) That is the best news I have heard this morning. I hope a few more people follow your example and are backed up by the authorities.

I always found it strange that if someone says something or breaches the security of a country they can go and bomb and kill them(sometimes without proof). Yet if someone breaches the sanctity of your own house, steals and rapes, you are supposed to do nothing. :(

Again I say congratulations.http://members.shaw.ca/wenpigsfly/smileys/clap2.gif
exactly, i wasn&#39;t going to idoly stand by and let those bastard get away with it. court? i don&#39;t care, because they have enough evidence on those tenants, i just got a hefty fine of maximum 500 dollars (undecided until june) and 100 hours of community service. if a man breaks into your home, i feel that many people would take the same action as i did. it did feel great and trust me, i would do it again if i had to.

J'Pol
04-09-2004, 10:28 AM
You broke someone&#39;s forearm by punching it, I think not.

Which particular fantasy did this story come from, the whole thing reeks of pish. With that many witnesses and the police there and the level of assault you describe you would have been charged. No question, particularly when it related to a petty theft and you had gone looking for them. No element of self-defence on your part whatsoever.

Oh and people who support violent beatings, potentially leading to serious physical injury, brain damage or even death - over some goods, should be ashamed of themselves. If the story were true (and I don&#39;t think so) then he beat the living daylights out of two people rather than go to the police. He was under no threat and was not protecting himself or his loved one&#39;s. Had he found them in the house or threatening his family, that is a different story.

This is vigilante behaviour of the worst kind. Wait till your son or friend gets fuck kicked out of them, for something they didn&#39;t do. Then support this kind of animal behaviour.

Peerzy
04-09-2004, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by haxor41789@9 April 2004 - 06:42
Yes, Haxor41789 share all with us....

bujub22
04-09-2004, 01:22 PM
congrats :D on a well deserved ass kick&#39;en :01:

DWk
04-09-2004, 04:35 PM
He can&#39;t talk about it outside court.... sorry :ph34r:

silent VI
04-09-2004, 04:50 PM
rule #1: never steal from a guy who can bench press 225 lbs and curl 50 lbs dumbells,

actualy you should thank god you wern&#39;t shanked or shot. size dosn&#39;t matter on the streets, or in a profesonal fight tyson vs ali for example :rolleyes:

Well done mate

a thief is a great aquatince and a horrible enemy..

j4y3m
04-09-2004, 05:07 PM
I agree with J&#39;Pol.

DWk
04-09-2004, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by j4y3m@9 April 2004 - 10:07
I agree with J&#39;Pol.
Make it two

james_bond_rulez
04-09-2004, 05:19 PM
ya i have to say jpol is right on this one

As much as I like to see some street justice done, you can&#39;t take matters into ur own hands. Either that or u have to face the justice system.

It&#39;s a good thing that ur not 18 yet, otherwise u&#39;ll have to face a more serious consequence. You have to learn that you have to be held accountable for your own actions.

The penalty seems fair for ur offense... :rolleyes:

silent VI
04-09-2004, 05:25 PM
serious consequence

canadian justice system knows no such words :lol:

internet.news
04-09-2004, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by cpt_azad+9 April 2004 - 04:18--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (cpt_azad &#064; 9 April 2004 - 04:18)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>here&#39;s the most saddest part of all, the thieves were my downstairs (tenants) boyfriend and the boyfriends friend.&nbsp; they showed up at 4 pm, [/b]

sorry - it was me - I just knew how to make it look like they did it :ph34r:

Originally posted by DWk@9 April 2004 - 17:11
<!--QuoteBegin-j4y3m@9 April 2004 - 10:07
I agree with J&#39;Pol.
Make it two[/quote]
Nah - make that 3 :)

brotherdoobie
04-09-2004, 05:47 PM
:(

Peace brotherdoobie

bigboab
04-09-2004, 06:33 PM
I have just typed about a half hours reply to this thread only to lose it through anti spam. :angry:

I am not even going to try and repeat it. I have just noticed that one of our advertisers produces anti spam software. Case closed. :angry:

james_bond_rulez
04-09-2004, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by bigboab@9 April 2004 - 09:33
I have just typed about a half hours reply to this thread only to lose it through anti spam. :angry:

I am not even going to try and repeat it. I have just noticed that one of our advertisers produces anti spam software. Case closed. :angry:
you could&#39;ve gone back and retrived the text ya know? :rolleyes:

bigboab
04-09-2004, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by james_bond_rulez+9 April 2004 - 18:40--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (james_bond_rulez &#064; 9 April 2004 - 18:40)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-bigboab@9 April 2004 - 09:33

you could&#39;ve gone back and retrived the text ya know? :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]
I did and it had disappeared. :ph34r: I am well acquainted with the ins and outs of computing. It would appear that the peope who run this ship are not, or just dont care. :angry:

Cheese
04-09-2004, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by james_bond_rulez+9 April 2004 - 17:40--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (james_bond_rulez @ 9 April 2004 - 17:40)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-bigboab@9 April 2004 - 09:33

you could&#39;ve gone back and retrived the text ya know? :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]
Of course people can do that but why should we? No other forum I post on has this problem, and I post on others bigger than here.

Is it too much to ask that this "anti-spam" be removed?

brenda
04-09-2004, 09:38 PM
cpt i applaude you, although i am a pacifist by nature, they nicked your stuff so they deserved everything that you gave them

the fact that they were tenants makes it even worse, i can&#39;t believe they are taking YOU to court, get yourself a good solicitor boy and you should come out of it ok

J'Pol
04-09-2004, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by brenda@9 April 2004 - 22:38
get yourself a good solicitor boy and you should come out of it ok
How would that work then, in circumstances as outlined.

Grievous Bodily Harm, at the very least Actual

Loads of witnesses, including the victims, doctors, neighbours etc.

Sounds like a confession to the police.

No self defence argument, the thug went looking for them.

What exactly would constitute coming out of it OK. Where I come from the courts don&#39;t like vigilantes, particularly when they are little more than violent thugs themselves. Definite jail time, or the equivalent for a minor.

Do you suggest public beatings for convicted burglars should be in order, because that is what you are supporting. Broken arm, kicked about the place, right good beating for stealing DVDs and XBox games, that sounds about right.

EDIT wait a minute, it&#39;s beatings for Suspected burglars you are suggesting. They haven&#39;t even been convicted yet.

djweiser
04-09-2004, 09:58 PM
As always its a tough decision. The police won&#39;t do much, so what is there left do. However how about if it turns out those people you beat up didnt do it? Then your in shit....

:ghostface:

Proper Bo
04-09-2004, 09:58 PM
It depends if they were good Xbox games or not ;)

djweiser
04-09-2004, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by Proper Bo, I tell thee@9 April 2004 - 21:58
It depends if they were good Xbox games or not ;)
:lol:

J'Pol
Originally posted by djweiser@9 April 2004 - 22:58
As always its a tough decision. The police won&#39;t do much, so what is there left do. However how about if it turns out those people you beat up didnt do it? Then your in shit....

:ghostface:
According to the story the Police got the stuff back, so they would be able to prosecute them as well presumably.

Marius24
just plead guilty say you did it because they stole/he stole your stuff. Judge should see your side but he will still say what you did was wrong (i would disagree with him/her :))

djweiser
04-09-2004, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by Marius24@9 April 2004 - 21:59
just plead guilty say you did it because they stole/he stole your stuff. Judge should see your side but he will still say what you did was wrong (i would disagree with him/her :))
Yeah thats your best bet ;)

J'Pol
04-09-2004, 10:05 PM
A friend of mine, many years ago, was stabbed in the neck. The person who did it had mistaken him for someone else. He was quietly playing pool at the time.

It was fortunate that they stabbed him rather than slit his throat. There was a nurse there and she performed an emergency tracheotomy (put an empty pen in his throat to let him breathe).

He was in intensive care for months and was fortunate not to have died a horrible death, because he had curly blond hair.

djweiser
04-09-2004, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@9 April 2004 - 22:05
A friend of mine, many years ago, was stabbed in the neck. The person who did it had mistaken him for someone else. He was quietly playing pool at the time.

It was fortunate that they stabbed him rather than slit his throat. There was a nurse there and she performed an emergency tracheotomy (put an empty pen in his throat to let him breathe).

He was in intensive care for months and was fortunate not to have died a horrible death, because he had curly blond hair.
:fear2: :fear:

Im typeless

:sad1:

DWk
04-09-2004, 10:10 PM
Yo J what&#39;s the curly blond hair have to do?

J'Pol
04-09-2004, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by DWk@9 April 2004 - 23:10
He was playing pool, playing a shot at the time and the chap walked in.

He saw the hair leaning over the table and thought it was the chap he was looking for.

Stabbed him in the neck, before he realised it was the wrong person.

The victim was a good mate of mine who was from Australia. Well Glasgow actually but his family had emigrated when he was younger. He was home for a year staying with relatives.

DWk
04-09-2004, 10:18 PM
Oh I get it now..... that&#39;s too bad :(

djweiser
04-09-2004, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by J&#39;Pol+9 April 2004 - 22:14--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (J&#39;Pol @ 9 April 2004 - 22:14)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-DWk@9 April 2004 - 23:10

He saw the hair leaning over the table and thought it was the chap he was looking for.

The victim was a good mate of mine who was from Australia. Well Glasgow actually but his family had emigrated when he was younger. He was home for a year staying with relatives. [/b][/quote]
The guy who stabbed him, once he realised it was wrong person? Then what?

4th gen
04-09-2004, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by djweiser@9 April 2004 - 21:19
J&#39;Pol put out a hit on him there and then and he was dead the next night.

J'Pol
04-09-2004, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by djweiser+9 April 2004 - 23:19--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (djweiser @ 9 April 2004 - 23:19)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@9 April 2004 - 22:14
<!--QuoteBegin-DWk@9 April 2004 - 23:10

The victim was a good mate of mine who was from Australia. Well Glasgow actually but his family had emigrated when he was younger. He was home for a year staying with relatives.
The guy who stabbed him, once he realised it was wrong person? Then what? [/b][/quote]
He was held until the Police arrived, which was within a few minutes along with the ambulance. It was only a nurse being there that saved my mate&#39;s life.

He was convicted of attempted murder and went to prison.

I don&#39;t remember the sentence, it was a long tie ago.

djweiser
04-09-2004, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by J&#39;Pol+9 April 2004 - 22:22--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (J&#39;Pol @ 9 April 2004 - 22:22)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by djweiser@9 April 2004 - 23:19

Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@9 April 2004 - 22:14
<!--QuoteBegin-DWk@9 April 2004 - 23:10

He was held until the Police arrived, which was within a few minutes along with the ambulance. It was only a nurse being there that saved my mate&#39;s life.

He was convicted of attempted murder and went to prison.

I don&#39;t remember the sentence, it was a long tie ago. [/b][/quote]
aww dam :(

glad he did&#39;nt die.

J'Pol
04-09-2004, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by 4th gen+9 April 2004 - 23:22--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (4th gen @ 9 April 2004 - 23:22)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-djweiser@9 April 2004 - 21:19
J&#39;Pol put out a hit on him there and then and he was dead the next night. [/b][/quote]
Actually he was taken to jail. Given the offence it was a 110 day thing (Scottish Legal System) and he was kept in prison, before going to trial.

He was tried and found guilty and went back to prison.

He never returned to the area and was not seen again. This was a good plan given the family involved.

4th gen
04-09-2004, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@9 April 2004 - 21:25
Actually he was taken to jail. Given the offence it was a 110 day thing (Scottish Legal System) and he was kept in prison, before going to trial.

He never returned to the area and was not seen again. This was a good plan given the family involved.
Good

Oh, and the highlighted part means I&#39;m almost right :rolleyes:

J'Pol
04-09-2004, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by 4th gen+9 April 2004 - 23:27--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (4th gen @ 9 April 2004 - 23:27)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-J&#39;Pol@9 April 2004 - 21:25

Good

Oh, and the highlighted part means I&#39;m almost right :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]
Absolutely spot on.

cpt_azad
04-09-2004, 10:47 PM
k k, so i didn&#39;t break his forearm, but like i said, i did hear something crack (don&#39;t know what though), but ur right, breaking a bone by punching it is highly unlikely and impossible. anything else that seems out place i don&#39;t know about, tell me and maybe i can clear it up. get this, the tenants were the robbers, and everyone (including the girls) were in on it. we&#39;ve already given them an eviction notice. as for the whole size doesn&#39;t matter thing, absolutely right, i just got lucky i guess. but seriously, a switchblade and 300 lbs person should have been able to do some damage to me.

4th gen
04-09-2004, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by cpt_azad@9 April 2004 - 21:47
breaking a bone by punching it is highly unlikely and impossible.
Nothing can be both highly unlikely and impossible ;)

djweiser
04-09-2004, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by 4th gen+9 April 2004 - 22:52--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (4th gen @ 9 April 2004 - 22:52)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-cpt_azad@9 April 2004 - 21:47
breaking a bone by punching it is highly unlikely and impossible.
Nothing can be both highly unlikely and impossible ;) [/b][/quote]

BigBoo
04-09-2004, 11:03 PM
aybe you broke your hand, or some spaghetti. anyway i hope the police are good to you... "he came running at you with a knfe? then tripped and fell down the stairs?

J'Pol
04-09-2004, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by cpt_azad@9 April 2004 - 23:47
k k, so i didn&#39;t break his forearm, but like i said, i did hear something crack (don&#39;t know what though), but ur right, breaking a bone by punching it is highly unlikely and impossible. anything else that seems out place i don&#39;t know about, tell me and maybe i can clear it up. get this, the tenants were the robbers, and everyone (including the girls) were in on it. we&#39;ve already given them an eviction notice. as for the whole size doesn&#39;t matter thing, absolutely right, i just got lucky i guess. but seriously, a switchblade and 300 lbs person should have been able to do some damage to me.
Let me make this perfectly clear.

I think you are a Dickhead.

Either this story is a pile of pish, which is what I believe, which makes you a Dickhead for posting it.

Or you really behaved in the manner you described. Kicking the shit out of people who were no actual threat to you or yours at the time. Risking their physical health, possibly their life. To say nothing of your own physical health / life. Over some DVDs and XBox games and maybe a few white goods.

How would you feel if you had crippled one of them, or damaged their brain. How would your Father have felt if he had watched you get an injury which paralyzed you, or worse.

What will happen when you can&#39;t get a decent job because no-one wants to employ a violent mindless thug, with a criminal record.

Either way you are a Dickhead.

BigBoo
04-09-2004, 11:11 PM
gotta love j&#39;pol.

think about it though. the police dont do shit to help if you&#39;re burgled. even if by very slight chance they got caugh, most still get away.

the only way to fight the crime or rather the criminal is with fists.

but then that leads to you getting jailed, fined or community service because its not hard for the police to investigate and take you in for that

J'Pol
04-09-2004, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by BigBoo@10 April 2004 - 00:11
gotta love j&#39;pol.

think about it though. the police dont do shit to help if you&#39;re burgled. even if by very slight chance they got caugh, most still get away.

the only way to fight the crime or rather the criminal is with fists.

but then that leads to you getting jailed, fined or community service because its not hard for the police to investigate and take you in for that
So you think suspected burglars should be beaten in public then.

What next, cut their hands off, or is that just for convicted ones.

RGX
04-09-2004, 11:42 PM
J&#39;pol, I am interested to hear what you think the correct procedure for criminal punishment should be? Do you think out current system is correct, with criminals serving shorter sentences or given warnings?

I am genuinley curious.

BigBoo
04-09-2004, 11:43 PM
known scrotes that keep reoffending should be beaten or jailed

they dont seem to get jailed so.....

james_bond_rulez
04-09-2004, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by RGX@9 April 2004 - 14:42
J&#39;pol, I am interested to hear what you think the correct procedure for criminal punishment should be? Do you think out current system is correct, with criminals serving shorter sentences or given warnings?

I am genuinley curious.
the correct procedure was to wait for the police to arrive and not taking matters into own hands

that was his point <_<

some ppl can&#39;t read <_<

RGX
04-09-2004, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by james_bond_rulez+9 April 2004 - 23:48--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (james_bond_rulez @ 9 April 2004 - 23:48)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-RGX@9 April 2004 - 14:42

I am genuinley curious.
the correct procedure was to wait for the police to arrive and not taking matters into own hands

that was his point <_<

some ppl can&#39;t read <_< [/b][/quote]
No, I can read. I am asking about the criminal justice process IN GENERAL. J&#39;pol was referring to beatings and mutilation as punishment for crime. I was wondering what he thought the correct punishment procedure should be.

<_<

J'Pol
04-09-2004, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by RGX+10 April 2004 - 00:52--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (RGX @ 10 April 2004 - 00:52)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by james_bond_rulez@9 April 2004 - 23:48
<!--QuoteBegin-RGX@9 April 2004 - 14:42

I am genuinley curious.

that was his point <_<

No, I can read. I am asking about the criminal justice process IN GENERAL. J&#39;pol was referring to beatings and mutilation as punishment for crime. I was wondering what he thought the correct punishment procedure should be.

<_< [/b][/quote]
It should involve a trial, evidence and a verdict.

Where appropriate it should involve punishment.

There are no circumstances where that punishment should be physical violence.

That makes us as bad as, or worse than, the offender.

I do not believe in corporal or capital punishment.

RGX
04-10-2004, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by J&#39;Pol+9 April 2004 - 23:57--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (J&#39;Pol @ 9 April 2004 - 23:57)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by RGX@10 April 2004 - 00:52

Originally posted by james_bond_rulez@9 April 2004 - 23:48
<!--QuoteBegin-RGX@9 April 2004 - 14:42

I am genuinley curious.

that was his point <_<

<_<
It should involve a trial, evidence and a verdict.

Where appropriate it should involve punishment.

There are no circumstances where that punishment should be physical violence.

That makes us as bad as, or worse than, the offender.

I do not believe in corporal or capital punishment. [/b][/quote]
Technically, that is our system. Im not entirely sure how it has gone wrong. :(

Thanks though.

BigBoo
04-10-2004, 12:03 AM
bullshit. the criminal justice system does not work on petty criminals

its often obvious who the criminal is without official trial

james_bond_rulez
04-10-2004, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by BigBoo@9 April 2004 - 15:03
bullshit. the criminal justice system does not work on petty criminals

its often obvious who the criminal is without official trial
wrong again.

is not guilty until proven in a court of law :)

you can have ur corporal punishment but you can&#39;t pull that crap in Canada :P

silent VI
04-10-2004, 12:12 AM
but seriously, a switchblade and 300 lbs person should have been able to do some damage to me.
im 160 gimme a butter knife and il cut you :P :lol: cutamotha.com

djweiser
04-10-2004, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by DrunkeNStylE@10 April 2004 - 00:12

but seriously, a switchblade and 300 lbs person should have been able to do some damage to me.
im 160 gimme a butter knife and il cut you :P :lol: cutamotha.com
Sorry, no information is available for the URL cutamotha.com

silent VI
04-10-2004, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by djweiser@10 April 2004 - 00:14
cutamotha.com

its a joke

cpt_azad
04-10-2004, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by J&#39;Pol+9 April 2004 - 15:05--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (J&#39;Pol @ 9 April 2004 - 15:05)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-cpt_azad@9 April 2004 - 23:47
k k, so i didn&#39;t break his forearm, but like i said, i did hear something crack (don&#39;t know what though), but ur right, breaking a bone by punching it is highly unlikely and impossible.&nbsp; anything else that seems out place i don&#39;t know about, tell me and maybe i can clear it up.&nbsp; get this, the tenants were the robbers, and everyone (including the girls) were in on it.&nbsp; we&#39;ve already given them an eviction notice.&nbsp; as for the whole size doesn&#39;t matter thing, absolutely right, i just got lucky i guess. but seriously, a switchblade and 300 lbs person should have been able to do some damage to me.

Either this story is a pile of pish, which is what I believe, which makes you a Dickhead for posting it.

Or you really behaved in the manner you described. Kicking the shit out of people who were no actual threat to you or yours at the time. Risking their physical health, possibly their life. To say nothing of your own physical health / life. Over some DVDs and XBox games and maybe a few white goods.

How would you feel if you had crippled one of them, or damaged their brain. How would your Father have felt if he had watched you get an injury which paralyzed you, or worse.

What will happen when you can&#39;t get a decent job because no-one wants to employ a violent mindless thug, with a criminal record.

Either way you are a Dickhead. [/b][/quote]
dickhead? sure y not, if that&#39;ll ease ur pain that is no way (hopefully) affiliated in anyway to those thieves. the story isn&#39;t bullshit, so i guess that makes me a dickhead for fighting those bastards, i know how bullshit the justice system is though, they got of free, and this isn&#39;t the first time we&#39;ve been in a situation like this. when our car got stolen from US in daylight, we didn&#39;t do anything and the "police" took care of it, the end result? the car-thief got a slap on the wrist and a hefty fine, no jail sentence what so ever. from my point of view, what i did was just, from ur point of view jpol, i&#39;m a dickhead, words are words, so lets just leave it at that since ur not one of the perpetrators that did this to my house <_<

djweiser
04-10-2004, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by cpt_azad+10 April 2004 - 00:27--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (cpt_azad @ 10 April 2004 - 00:27)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@9 April 2004 - 15:05
<!--QuoteBegin-cpt_azad@9 April 2004 - 23:47

Either way you are a Dickhead.
dickhead? sure y not, if that&#39;ll ease ur pain that is no way (hopefully) affiliated in anyway to those thieves. the story isn&#39;t bullshit, so i guess that makes me a dickhead for fighting those bastards, i know how bullshit the justice system is though, they got of free, and this isn&#39;t the first time we&#39;ve been in a situation like this. when our car got stolen from US in daylight, we didn&#39;t do anything and the "police" took care of it, the end result? the car-thief got a slap on the wrist and a hefty fine, no jail sentence what so ever. from my point of view, what i did was just, from ur point of view jpol, i&#39;m a dickhead, words are words, so lets just leave it at that since ur not one of the perpetrators that did this to my house <_< [/b][/quote]
I have to agree with the guy above. Perhaps what you felt for this person, maybe kickin the shit out of him at the time felt the best thing to do. Maybe this has taught him a lesson? But generally fighting and physical violence is NOT THE ANSWER and cripleing someone ova a few dvds is not worth it.

h1
04-10-2004, 01:07 AM
I don&#39;t believe in vigilante justice either but sometimes you have to admit that the criminal justice system fucks up. It&#39;s obvious nothing was going to happen, and had cpt_azad waited, his posessions probably would have been in the wind, if at all the thieves were caught. I saw two people on the street (who were under the influence of crystal meth and PCP as later found out) attacking a teenage woman. I had to pistol-whip one until he lost conciousness, then when the other pulled a knife on me, I shot him through the shoulder.

DWk&#39;s right about the records being expunged, but you don&#39;t know who I am, so oh well... I later got charged with assault (dropped) and illegal possession of a firearm (convicted, I was 16 too), and then had to serve out my year of probation.

hobbes
04-10-2004, 03:03 AM
Originally posted by cpt_azad@9 April 2004 - 06:39
as for asking them b4 kicking their ass, when i went up to him the bitch is like "what r u gonna do?" in a bad attitude way, i didn&#39;t even say anything, first impulse was right in the face, hit him as hard as i could, he didn&#39;t get back for 1 minute or fuck, you touch my stuff and ur as good as a dead man (or a severly beaten up one at best)

Jpol,

I&#39;m going to have have to go with the kid on this one. Not because what he did was right, but I would have done the same thing.

The line quoted is what changed my verdict, this is not a case of mistaken identity, the incident erupted after a confession, "what you gonna do about it".

This incident has nothing to do with replacable "stuff", Azad was responding to the violation of his "space". When you leave your "space", you expect it to be respected and unmolested. When he found that his sacred space had been violated, it evoked the same animal instinct as one bear going into the lair of another.

Given his emotional reaction to the theft and the challenge by the neighbor, and his age of 16, his decision to strike occured in less than a second. He did not think, he reacted and once the adrenalin starts people tend to go "to the bad place". I imagine the switch blade was probably the point of no return. Thinking humans don&#39;t attack people with knives.

I remember going there once as a child when someone kicked my dog, making her yelp, bad things happened. Rather lucky my parents didn&#39;t sell me to the circus.

His first post was dripping with adrenaline and I guarentee he was shaking all over. A bad situation, to be sure, but if someone violates a space I consider to be exclusively mine, I get a bit primitive when I respond with my displeasure. I got into a fight with my dormroom neighbor for going through a personal letter that he could only have found by looking in my desk. The letter contained nothing of importance, I just thought he needed to understand that my space was to be respected.

james_bond_rulez
04-10-2004, 03:20 AM
but that&#39;s no excuse for what he did? i mean, aggrevated assult?

I know ur point, hobbes, but I dont think it&#39;s the right thing to do. He could&#39;ve gone about this the better way...

cpt_azad
04-10-2004, 04:31 AM
Originally posted by hobbes+9 April 2004 - 19:03--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hobbes @ 9 April 2004 - 19:03)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-cpt_azad@9 April 2004 - 06:39
as for asking them b4 kicking their ass, when i went up to him the bitch is like "what r u gonna do?" in a bad attitude way, i didn&#39;t even say anything, first impulse was right in the face, hit him as hard as i could, he didn&#39;t get back for 1 minute or fuck, you touch my stuff and ur as good as a dead man (or a severly beaten up one at best)

Jpol,

I&#39;m going to have have to go with the kid on this one. Not because what he did was right, but I would have done the same thing.

The line quoted is what changed my verdict, this is not a case of mistaken identity, the incident erupted after a confession, "what you gonna do about it".

This incident has nothing to do with replacable "stuff", Azad was responding to the violation of his "space". When you leave your "space", you expect it to be respected and unmolested. When he found that his sacred space had been violated, it evoked the same animal instinct as one bear going into the lair of another.

Given his emotional reaction to the theft and the challenge by the neighbor, and his age of 16, his decision to strike occured in less than a second. He did not think, he reacted and once the adrenalin starts people tend to go "to the bad place". I imagine the switch blade was probably the point of no return. Thinking humans don&#39;t attack people with knives.

I remember going there once as a child when someone kicked my dog, making her yelp, bad things happened. Rather lucky my parents didn&#39;t sell me to the circus.

His first post was dripping with adrenaline and I guarentee he was shaking all over. A bad situation, to be sure, but if someone violates a space I consider to be exclusively mine, I get a bit primitive when I respond with my displeasure. I got into a fight with my dormroom neighbor for going through a personal letter that he could only have found by looking in my desk. The letter contained nothing of importance, I just thought he needed to understand that my space was to be respected. [/b][/quote]
thank you, some one atleast knows what i felt like at that point in time. yes, i was shaking like a schoolgirl after the incident (don&#39;t know why, possibly because of the adrenaline?). as i just found out, the guy did get me wit the switchblade (a very very little gash on the tricep, nothing much at all). as for the agrevated assault, i&#39;m guilty as charged, but i still stand by my actions and i know what i did is right even if it seems wrong to the whole world, tell me something, would you have done what i did or just sit by and watch them have a good laugh (it&#39;s kind of an insult if the thieves come back to ur house and they know ur in the house), honestly, what would u have done?

james_bond_rulez
04-10-2004, 04:52 AM
you should&#39;ve left the matter to the police and let them handle it, instead, u risked ur life and safety of others just to vent some gas over just some stupid dvds.

I hope u have learned ur lessons...

btw if u see some guy armed with a switchblade the last thing u should&#39;ve done is go charging like a bull, he could&#39;ve killed u in self defense

what were u thinking?

cpt_azad
04-10-2004, 05:00 AM
Originally posted by james_bond_rulez@9 April 2004 - 20:52
you should&#39;ve left the matter to the police and let them handle it, instead, u risked ur life and safety of others just to vent some gas over just some stupid dvds.

I hope u have learned ur lessons...

btw if u see some guy armed with a switchblade the last thing u should&#39;ve done is go charging like a bull, he could&#39;ve killed u in self defense

what were u thinking?
nothing, that&#39;s exactly what was going thru my mind, i know how stupid i acted, but i couldn&#39;t control it okay? now answer the question, what would u have done, but then again u can&#39;t give me an answer that is 100% true without being in a similar situation.

james_bond_rulez
04-10-2004, 05:04 AM
if i was in ur shoe I would do exactly what I have said, get a good look at the ppl involved, call the police and make a police report. Document everything u can about the incident, go get a camera and start shooting, get as much evidence as you can so if you are ever in court you can back up ur claim.

What you need in those situation is a cool head, not muscles and stupidity.

gungrave
04-10-2004, 05:08 AM
Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@9 April 2004 - 22:05

one of my sisters friends got stabbed and died all because the guy who stabbed him was drunk.
(about 1 month a go or some thing like that)
i didnt know him bit i think its snide :cry1:

the guys who robed u r dicks :angry:
when the guy gets better wont he try and go after u with a knite at all? or any thing for pay back? :unsure:

Rip The Jacker
04-10-2004, 05:30 AM
Originally posted by gungrave@9 April 2004 - 21:08
when the guy gets better wont he try and go after u with a knite at all? or any thing for pay back? :unsure:
Thats another thing to think about. For those guys to rob you in the first place, you can already tell they&#39;re not very nice people...

Now that you&#39;ve kicked their asses, when they get better, god forbid they get revenge...

james_bond_rulez
04-10-2004, 05:32 AM
Originally posted by Rip The Jacker+9 April 2004 - 20:30--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Rip The Jacker @ 9 April 2004 - 20:30)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-gungrave@9 April 2004 - 21:08
the guys who robed u r dicks&nbsp; :angry:
Thats another thing to think about. For those guys to rob you in the first place, you can already tell they&#39;re not very nice people...

Now that you&#39;ve kicked their asses, when they get better, god forbid they get revenge... [/b][/quote]
no shit.... :huh:

u have to buy a gun now :lol:

<_<

gungrave
04-10-2004, 05:32 AM
Originally posted by Rip The Jacker+10 April 2004 - 05:30--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Rip The Jacker @ 10 April 2004 - 05:30)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-gungrave@9 April 2004 - 21:08
the guys who robed u r dicks&nbsp; :angry:

Now that you&#39;ve kicked their asses, when they get better, god forbid they get revenge... [/b][/quote]
watch ur back and lock ur place up they might do it again :unsure:

cpt_azad
04-10-2004, 06:16 AM
Originally posted by gungrave+9 April 2004 - 21:32--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (gungrave @ 9 April 2004 - 21:32)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Rip The Jacker@10 April 2004 - 05:30
<!--QuoteBegin-gungrave@9 April 2004 - 21:08

Now that you&#39;ve kicked their asses, when they get better, god forbid they get revenge...
watch ur back and lock ur place up they might do it again :unsure: [/b][/quote]
i&#39;ve already considered that as a possibility, but knowing crimes in the greater vancouver area, the worst, and i mean the worst that could happen when these petty thieves get better is they could jump me. but i have friends, powerful friends, friends in gangs and friends wit weapons. payback=payback? no, that would just make it worst. so if they decide to take a go at me, i&#39;ll fight back but i won&#39;t do it severly, just enough to scare em of, but hey, nothing will ever be the same again.

Keikan
04-10-2004, 07:02 AM
A couple pointers cuz I live in an apartment too (a shanty one you can say)

1. Be Discreet, Keep your good shit as hidden as possible from the windows/doors etc.
2. Only let people you absolutely trust into your house, this is hard better yet only let family members into your house
3. Don&#39;t make friends with neighbors, I lived in this apartment for 6 years and I know no one and that is good. Hell don&#39;t even talk to your neighbors
4. Close the damn blinds always&#33; This helps alot, like number 1 you don&#39;t want ANYONE to see all your good shit
5. Make sure the door is locked always (duh)
6. When exiting/entering your apartment don&#39;t open the door wide open keep your door as closed as possible espcially when people walk by

james_bond_rulez
04-10-2004, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by Keikan@9 April 2004 - 22:02

1. Be Discreet, Keep your good shit as hidden as possible from the windows/doors etc.
2. Only let people you absolutely trust into your house, this is hard better yet only let family members into your house
3. Don&#39;t make friends with neighbors, I lived in this apartment for 6 years and I know no one and that is good. Hell don&#39;t even talk to your neighbors
4. Close the damn blinds always&#33; This helps alot, like number 1 you don&#39;t want ANYONE to see all your good shit
5. Make sure the door is locked always (duh)
6. When exiting/entering your apartment don&#39;t open the door wide open keep your door as closed as possible espcially when people walk by
now ur talkin&#39;

fuck thy neighbors :lol:

gungrave
04-10-2004, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by james_bond_rulez+10 April 2004 - 07:29--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (james_bond_rulez @ 10 April 2004 - 07:29)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Keikan@9 April 2004 - 22:02

4.&nbsp; Close the damn blinds always&#33; This helps alot, like number 1 you don&#39;t want ANYONE to see all your good shit
5.&nbsp; Make sure the door is locked always (duh)
now ur talkin&#39;

fuck thy neighbors :lol: [/b][/quote]
:01: put a camra over looking all ur good shit :D

Rip The Jacker
04-10-2004, 07:37 AM
Too bad you don&#39;t live in a house cpt_azad, then you could have gotten yourself some really mean dogs. :D

silent VI
04-10-2004, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by cpt_azad@10 April 2004 - 06:16

greater vancouver area,
bc?

cpt_azad
04-10-2004, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by DrunkeNStylE+10 April 2004 - 00:12--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DrunkeNStylE @ 10 April 2004 - 00:12)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-cpt_azad@10 April 2004 - 06:16

greater vancouver area,
bc? [/b][/quote]
ya, and i do live in a house, not an apartment, my dog died last year :( . as for the whole neighbors thing, u r right and wrong, it was my neighbor that called 911 (a good thing, but also bad cuz i got charged <_< )

silent VI
04-10-2004, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by cpt_azad+10 April 2004 - 08:25--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (cpt_azad &#064; 10 April 2004 - 08:25)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by DrunkeNStylE@10 April 2004 - 00:12
<!--QuoteBegin-cpt_azad@10 April 2004 - 06:16

greater vancouver area,
bc?
ya, and i do live in a house, not an apartment, my dog died last year :( . as for the whole neighbors thing, u r right and wrong, it was my neighbor that called 911 (a good thing, but also bad cuz i got charged <_< ) [/b][/quote]
tight, im guessing eastend?

Rip The Jacker
04-10-2004, 08:31 AM
How do you have a downstairs tenant if you live in a house? I think I&#39;m lost here. :blink:

james_bond_rulez
04-10-2004, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by Rip The Jacker@9 April 2004 - 23:31
How do you have a downstairs tenant if you live in a house? I think I&#39;m lost here. :blink:
sometimes ppl rent out the lower portions of the house, a source of income

either that or capt rented the upper part of the house.....

gungrave
04-10-2004, 09:01 AM
whats happend about the guy u kicked a sh*t out of?

silent VI
04-10-2004, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by Rip The Jacker@10 April 2004 - 08:31
tons of houses in van got huge basments people rent them out

cpt_azad
04-10-2004, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by DrunkeNStylE+10 April 2004 - 01:10--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DrunkeNStylE @ 10 April 2004 - 01:10)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Rip The Jacker@10 April 2004 - 08:31
tons of houses in van got huge basments people rent them out [/b][/quote]
eastend? no, surrey. ya, we rented our basement out, it&#39;s pretty big (3 rooms 2 bathrooms, yadayadayada). as for the guy who i beat the shit out of, he&#39;s sitting in a jailcell at the local police station waiting for lawyer i presume.

gungrave
04-10-2004, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by cpt_azad+10 April 2004 - 09:17--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (cpt_azad @ 10 April 2004 - 09:17)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by DrunkeNStylE@10 April 2004 - 01:10
<!--QuoteBegin-Rip The Jacker@10 April 2004 - 08:31
tons of houses in van got huge basments people rent them out
eastend? no, surrey. ya, we rented our basement out, it&#39;s pretty big (3 rooms 2 bathrooms, yadayadayada). as for the guy who i beat the shit out of, he&#39;s sitting in a jailcell at the local police station waiting for lawyer i presume. [/b][/quote]
:lol: stupid fool should never of robed u

Keikan
04-10-2004, 09:26 AM
Well no wonder they stole your stuff

J'Pol
04-10-2004, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by hobbes+10 April 2004 - 04:03--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hobbes @ 10 April 2004 - 04:03)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-cpt_azad@9 April 2004 - 06:39

Jpol,

[/b][/quote]
Then you are worse than him.

This is a fantasist who concocted a story for some sort of cheap kudos on the interweb. Or if you choose to believe him, someone who actually behaved in that manner.

"i don&#39;t give a fuck, cuz i broke his nose, jaw, and leg. what a pussy, ironic thing: i&#39;m only 16,"

It is interesting that this adrenalin filled 16 year old semi-literate chose to highlight the irony of the situation.

If you are willing to beat others violently, risking permanent damage or death to either them or you. Not because they are physically threatening you or yours. Not as an act of self defence. But because they stole some DVDs from your house, when you weren&#39;t in it. Then said "what are you going to do about it". Then you are worse than him, because you should know better.

The telling part in your post is that you identified the comment "what are you going to do about it" as a pivotal moment. That is when the violence was inevitable. Could such a reaction be any more reminiscent of the schoolyard. I don&#39;t see how it could.

As I have said, if he went into his house when they were there, uninvited. Or had they attacked him, then that is a different story. One is entirely right to defend one&#39;s self.

Is health and life so cheap to you. It is to be hoped that when the nose and jaw were being broken no brain damage occurred.

blunt_on_tour
04-10-2004, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by J&#39;Pol+10 April 2004 - 09:27--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (J&#39;Pol @ 10 April 2004 - 09:27)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by hobbes@10 April 2004 - 04:03
<!--QuoteBegin-cpt_azad@9 April 2004 - 06:39

Jpol,

This is a fantasist who concocted a story for some sort of cheap kudos on the interweb. Or if you choose to believe him, someone who actually behaved in that manner.

"i don&#39;t give a fuck, cuz i broke his nose, jaw, and leg. what a pussy, ironic thing: i&#39;m only 16,"

It is interesting that this adrenalin filled 16 year old semi-literate chose to highlight the irony of the situation.

If you are willing to beat others violently, risking permanent damage or death to either them or you. Not because they are physically threatening you or yours. Not as an act of self defence. But because they stole some DVDs from your house, when you weren&#39;t in it. Then said "what are you going to do about it". Then you are worse than him, because you should know better.

The telling part in your post is that you identified the comment "what are you going to do about it" as a pivotal moment. That is when the violence was inevitable. Could such a reaction be any more reminiscent of the schoolyard. I don&#39;t see how it could.

As I have said, if he went into his house when they were there, uninvited. Or had they attacked him, then that is a different story. One is entirely right to defend one&#39;s self.

Is health and life so cheap to you. It is to be hoped that when the nose and jaw were being broken no brain damage occurred. [/b][/quote]
You say that like a person that&#39;s never been a victim of theft. I&#39;ve had over £4,000 worth of stuff stolen (in total) from me over the last ten years, on three occasions. After your loss has been discovered, you feel a range of emotions from violation of privacy to absolute rage and futility. If I could have got my hands on the people who stole from me on these occasions I don&#39;t think I would have thought much about beating the crap out of them - it would have just happened in a blinding fit of rage.

Why the hell should anybody have to put up with their hard earned property being stolen? The police do nothing about it, even if you know who the thieves are, and on the rare occasions these burglars are caught and prosecuted, they&#39;re given trivial fines that they don&#39;t pay anyway, and no jail time. Where&#39;s the justice in that? A good sound thrashing might not do any good, but it sure as shit is going to make you feel better if you&#39;re the one dishing it out.

delphin460
04-10-2004, 10:15 AM
yer go the mob mentality, sorry , but a thug is a thug

its not even like it was controled agression

this guy just thinks he is rambo , and one day hes is gunna cop it with a knife or gun and then he will learn

posessions can be replaced , you health can

dont be a hero , cause even big hero&#39;s die

J'Pol
04-10-2004, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by blunt_on_tour+10 April 2004 - 11:07--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (blunt_on_tour @ 10 April 2004 - 11:07)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@10 April 2004 - 09:27

Jpol,

Is health and life so cheap to you. It is to be hoped that when the nose and jaw were being broken no brain damage occurred.
You say that like a person that&#39;s never been a victim of theft. I&#39;ve had over £4,000 worth of stuff stolen (in total) from me over the last ten years, on three occasions. After your loss has been discovered, you feel a range of emotions from violation of privacy to absolute rage and futility. If I could have got my hands on the people who stole from me on these occasions I don&#39;t think I would have thought much about beating the crap out of them - it would have just happened in a blinding fit of rage.

Why the hell should anybody have to put up with their hard earned property being stolen? The police do nothing about it, even if you know who the thieves are, and on the rare occasions these burglars are caught and prosecuted, they&#39;re given trivial fines that they don&#39;t pay anyway, and no jail time. Where&#39;s the justice in that? A good sound thrashing might not do any good, but it sure as shit is going to make you feel better if you&#39;re the one dishing it out. [/b][/quote]
You joined TODAY and this is your FIRST post.

What&#39;s the chances of that.

blunt_on_tour
04-10-2004, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by delphin460@10 April 2004 - 10:15
yer go the mob mentality, sorry , but a thug is a thug

its not even like it was controled agression

this guy just thinks he is rambo , and one day hes is gunna cop it with a knife or gun and then he will learn

posessions can be replaced , you health can

dont be a hero , cause even big hero&#39;s die
I haven&#39;t read the whole thread, so I don&#39;t know all the ins and outs of it, but all I&#39;m saying is that it&#39;s understandable. You say that posessions can be replaced, but there are some things that can&#39;t. Things that have a personal value beyond their worth to another person; your dead mother&#39;s wedding ring, for example. The feeling of safety you got from your home before it was violated is another.

Until you&#39;ve been in the situation yourself it&#39;s easy to sit there and espouse non-violent solutions to emotive problems, but living it would probably give you a different point of view.

I agree that there is nothing worth dying over, especially if it&#39;s just a car that&#39;s been stolen or something else that&#39;s easily replaced, but in the heat of the moment you&#39;re not necessarily thinking like that. If you choose to beat the crap out of somebody that&#39;s &#39;connected&#39; you could be looking at a world of pain from there onwards, likewise the person could stab or shoot you, however hard you think you are. There was a father of three, a few months ago, that pursued some kids that tried to steal his car; although he was 6&#39;2" he still ended up dead - stabbed through his temple with a screwdriver. Now his kids are going to grow up without a dad, all because he chased after some kids that he thought he could deal with.

In most situations it isn&#39;t worth the hassle, but it&#39;s understandable that somebody that&#39;s just been robbed will lose their temper and act irrationally. I feel no sympathy at all for the thieves though - they deserved all the punishment they got and more. If you break the law, you don&#39;t deserve to be protected by the law from retribution, as long as it was a fair law to begin with.

blunt_on_tour
04-10-2004, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by J&#39;Pol+10 April 2004 - 10:42--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (J&#39;Pol @ 10 April 2004 - 10:42)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by blunt_on_tour@10 April 2004 - 11:07

Jpol,

Why the hell should anybody have to put up with their hard earned property being stolen? The police do nothing about it, even if you know who the thieves are, and on the rare occasions these burglars are caught and prosecuted, they&#39;re given trivial fines that they don&#39;t pay anyway, and no jail time. Where&#39;s the justice in that? A good sound thrashing might not do any good, but it sure as shit is going to make you feel better if you&#39;re the one dishing it out.

What&#39;s the chances of that. [/b][/quote]
:lol: You think I&#39;m this kid, and I&#39;ve created an account to back myself up, or something?

Nope - wrong. :D I&#39;ve just come here from E%S%5 because our forums are down - in fact everything is down (again) and I thought I&#39;d check out your boards for signs of intelligent life. Since conversing with Illuminati and Withcheese a few times, I thought the K-Lite board was worth checking out. A few people are likely to try and change my mind now, but I don&#39;t mind that. I&#39;m not here as a fanboy spammer or a troll, so there&#39;s no reason to start a war - especially after you&#39;ve just expressed your thoughts on not attacking people ;) :)

cpt_azad
04-10-2004, 11:24 AM
lmfao, jpol thought i was u? lol, i guess that&#39;s understandable. as for the whole jpol not believing or i actually did it thing, u don&#39;t gotta believe me dude, i don&#39;t give a care in the world who believes, it&#39;s what i did that makes a difference. sure they might come back to get me, sure what i did was wrong, sure the dvd&#39;s are replacable. but one thing u can&#39;t understand is the emotional distress (that&#39;s right, even a 16 year old) u go thru. man, i don&#39;t even feel safe in this house anymore, the house that i&#39;ve been living in for more than 10 years now (btw, the insurance ppl are gonna give us 1300 bucks, but 500 bucks comes out of our pockets, seems they did more damage than first met the eye), as i type (3:27 am, can&#39;t sleep) i have a knife next to me. also the fact that i couldn&#39;t stop what i did, when i took that first punch i couldn&#39;t stop it, it was gonna happen and it did. J&#39;pol, u&#39;re a good law-biding citizen, are u not? tell me, would u have calmly written down the license plate number (btw, it was complete darkness when they came, and the car was parked in the parking shed [not really a shed, but it&#39;s not a garage, it&#39;s just a covered area] and u couldn&#39;t see the license plate so good luck)? what would ur actions be? all i know is, if something like this happens next time, i&#39;ll try to act more civilized because even i&#39;ve come to terms and realized what i did was not only wrong but pretty damn stupid. life sucks, that term goes for both me and the thieves.

J'Pol
04-10-2004, 11:24 AM
No need for a war.

However given ESV&#39;s "administrator&#39;s" attitude towards physical violence as a solution to problems it is not surprising that one of their sycophants takes a similar line.

Neither did I suggest that you are the prat who started this. Tho&#39; now you suggest it, I have to think it is a distinct possibility. It would make sense for a troublemaker to start such a thread with the intent on spreading discord.

J'Pol
04-10-2004, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by cpt_azad@10 April 2004 - 12:24
(btw, it was complete darkness when they came, and the car was parked in the parking shed [not really a shed, but it&#39;s not a garage, it&#39;s just a covered area] and u couldn&#39;t see the license plate so good luck)?
When did the crime take place. Was it early in the morning.

Cheese
04-10-2004, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by blunt_on_tour+10 April 2004 - 10:13--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (blunt_on_tour &#064; 10 April 2004 - 10:13)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@10 April 2004 - 10:42

Originally posted by blunt_on_tour@10 April 2004 - 11:07

Jpol,

What&#39;s the chances of that.
:lol: You think I&#39;m this kid, and I&#39;ve created an account to back myself up, or something?

Nope - wrong. :D I&#39;ve just come here from E%S%5 because our forums are down - in fact everything is down (again) and I thought I&#39;d check out your boards for signs of intelligent life. Since conversing with Illuminati and Withcheese a few times, I thought the K-Lite board was worth checking out. A few people are likely to try and change my mind now, but I don&#39;t mind that. I&#39;m not here as a fanboy spammer or a troll, so there&#39;s no reason to start a war - especially after you&#39;ve just expressed your thoughts on not attacking people ;) :) [/b][/quote]
(Off-topic)

Hiya blunt :D

Nice to see you here B) Don&#39;t think I&#39;ve been to es% since that whole PMs being read thing, lol that was quite good fun. :lol:

cpt_azad
04-10-2004, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by J&#39;Pol+10 April 2004 - 03:29--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (J&#39;Pol @ 10 April 2004 - 03:29)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-cpt_azad@10 April 2004 - 12:24
(btw, it was complete darkness when they came, and the car was parked in the parking shed [not really a shed, but it&#39;s not a garage, it&#39;s just a covered area] and u couldn&#39;t see the license plate so good luck)?
When did the crime take place. Was it early in the morning. [/b][/quote]
the actual break in and entering happened at day time when none of us were home, but they had the nerve to come back that night at around 12:45-1:00 am (not sure exact time). we had asked our neighbors if they had saw something suspicious, they said they saw a red camero in the parking area with 2 guys quickly loading things in it at around 2 pm (daytime break in entering). that same red camero came in at 12:45-1:00 am as said above wit the 2 thieves. that was more than enough evidence for me. i still can&#39;t get over that it was the tenants that did this, guess we&#39;ll have to do EXTENSIVE BACKGROUND CHECKS from now on b4 renting out the basement.

J'Pol
04-10-2004, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by cpt_azad+10 April 2004 - 12:40--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (cpt_azad @ 10 April 2004 - 12:40)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@10 April 2004 - 03:29
<!--QuoteBegin-cpt_azad@10 April 2004 - 12:24
the actual break in and entering happened at day time when none of us were home, but they had the nerve to come back that night at around 12:45-1:00 am (not sure exact time). we had asked our neighbors if they had saw something suspicious, they said they saw a red camero in the parking area with 2 guys quickly loading things in it at around 2 pm (daytime break in entering). that same red camero came in at 12:45-1:00 am as said above wit the 2 thieves. that was more than enough evidence for me. i still can&#39;t get over that it was the tenants that did this, guess we&#39;ll have to do EXTENSIVE BACKGROUND CHECKS from now on b4 renting out the basement. [/b][/quote]
You said in your first post that

"they showed up at 4 pm, how stupid, this was right after i got home and heard the news from my dad."

So if it happened at 2pm, and you got home sometime between 2 and 4, during which time your Dad told you about the robbery. Then they arrived at about 4 and you beat the crap out of them. How does 1am come into it.

blunt_on_tour
04-10-2004, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by Withcheese@10 April 2004 - 11:31

(Off-topic)

Hiya blunt :D

Nice to see you here B) Don&#39;t think I&#39;ve been to es% since that whole PMs being read thing, lol that was quite good fun. :lol:
Yeah, hi m8, good to be here :D What a bunch of crap that thread turned out to be, huh? :lol: Can I say that here without being called a sycophantic supporter of K-Lite? ;) :lol:

@J&#39;Pol - thanks for the warm welcome. You seem like an enlightened and peaceful, non-combattive individual :D no really... :lol: you make a good peace envoy.

I&#39;m just here to join in with a few conversations, nothing else. You won&#39;t see me starting any threads about the other app, and I won&#39;t even mention it out of context. Despite your protestations, I think you&#39;ll find that I&#39;m one of their most vocal critics on the forum, and far from being a sycophant. :)

delphin460
04-10-2004, 12:22 PM
lol, i bet this guy is a 3 foot midget with a seperiority complex

i mean why would you even brag about something like that

one wonders if he is challanged in the penis department as well , it wouldnt surprise me lol

J'Pol
04-10-2004, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by blunt_on_tour+10 April 2004 - 13:14--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (blunt_on_tour @ 10 April 2004 - 13:14)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
<!--QuoteBegin-Withcheese@10 April 2004 - 11:31

(Off-topic)

Hiya blunt :D&nbsp;

Nice to see you here&nbsp; B)&nbsp; Don&#39;t think I&#39;ve been to es% since that whole PMs being read thing, lol that was quite good fun. :lol:
Yeah, hi m8, good to be here :D What a bunch of crap that thread turned out to be, huh? :lol: Can I say that here without being called a sycophantic supporter of K-Lite? ;) :lol:

@J&#39;Pol - thanks for the warm welcome. You seem like an enlightened and peaceful, non-combattive individual :D no really... :lol: you make a good peace envoy.

I&#39;m just here to join in with a few conversations, nothing else. You won&#39;t see me starting any threads about the other app, and I won&#39;t even mention it out of context. Despite your protestations, I think you&#39;ll find that I&#39;m one of their most vocal critics on the forum, and far from being a sycophant. :) [/b][/quote]
I&#39;m really enlightened and peaceful on ESV as well. ;)

I hope you enjoy it here, it is a cracking forum with a good variety of people and discussions.

Try World News, there are some interesting topics there.

Cheese
04-10-2004, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by delphin460@10 April 2004 - 11:22

one wonders if he is challanged in the penis department as well , it wouldnt surprise me lol
Midgets have the worst tempers, I&#39;ve always found them to be very short.

lynx
04-10-2004, 12:28 PM
I hadn&#39;t realised until now just how efficient things are in Vancouver.

A robbery, with much of the proceeds recovered.
A vicious assault, with the perpetrator released, but from the sound of it sentenced to 100 hours community service and a court date fixed to determine the amount of a fine.
And an insurance settlement agreed.

And all within 24 hours. :blink:

J'Pol
04-10-2004, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by lynx@10 April 2004 - 13:28

A vicious assault, with the perpetrator released, but from the sound of it sentenced to 100 hours community service and a court date fixed to determine the amount of a fine.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Fantastic, in the true sense of the word.

blunt_on_tour
04-10-2004, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Withcheese+10 April 2004 - 12:24--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Withcheese @ 10 April 2004 - 12:24)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-delphin460@10 April 2004 - 11:22

Midgets have the worst tempers, I&#39;ve always found them to be very short. [/b][/quote]
And the bites itch for days. Or am I thinking of midges? ;) :lol:

blunt_on_tour
04-10-2004, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by lynx@10 April 2004 - 12:28

I have to say that&#39;s truly amazing :lol: and they say fact is stranger than fiction?....

J'Pol
04-10-2004, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by blunt_on_tour+10 April 2004 - 13:48--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (blunt_on_tour &#064; 10 April 2004 - 13:48)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Withcheese@10 April 2004 - 12:24
<!--QuoteBegin-delphin460@10 April 2004 - 11:22

And the bites itch for days. Or am I thinking of midges? ;) :lol: [/b][/quote]
Are you Victor Meldrew at all.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/400000/images/_401901_meldrew150.jpg

Perhaps as an Avatar.

scribblec
04-10-2004, 01:38 PM
police are too fucking busy going after drivers to deal with real criminals <_<

blunt_on_tour
04-10-2004, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by J&#39;Pol+10 April 2004 - 13:28--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (J&#39;Pol @ 10 April 2004 - 13:28)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by blunt_on_tour@10 April 2004 - 13:48

Originally posted by Withcheese@10 April 2004 - 12:24
<!--QuoteBegin-delphin460@10 April 2004 - 11:22

And the bites itch for days. Or am I thinking of midges? ;) :lol:
Are you Victor Meldrew at all.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/400000/images/_401901_meldrew150.jpg

Perhaps as an Avatar. [/b][/quote]
It has been said before :lol:

What&#39;s your name over at the other place then? Looks to me like we might have seen the last of them - everything&#39;s down, and I mean everything; that&#39;s never happened before, as far as I&#39;m aware, cause it&#39;s all on separate servers. Maybe a stray Israeli missile? ;)

(I know it&#39;s off topic, but I haven&#39;t posted enough to allow me to PM anybody yet)

Cheese
04-10-2004, 01:52 PM
When you say everything do you mean everything, I&#39;m not that familiar with your program has that gone down as well? :blink:

J'Pol
04-10-2004, 02:09 PM
Do people still believe the stuff about the servers being in the Middle East. In spite of their being no evidence of this, other than their own propaganda.

No researcher or reporter has found one shred of evidence to support this. At least that I have been able to find.

Occum&#39;s Razor applies.

blunt_on_tour
04-10-2004, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by Withcheese@10 April 2004 - 13:52
When you say everything do you mean everything, I&#39;m not that familiar with your program has that gone down as well? :blink:
It&#39;s so buggy that it&#39;s hard to tell, half the time ;) but all their sites are down, the main forum, the adult forum, the radio, even the frontpage of the website. It&#39;s all on different servers, so at least something should have survived - unless they&#39;ve been shut down?

@ J&#39;Pol - I don&#39;t know what to believe about where they were supposed to be, and frankly I think it&#39;s more likely that they&#39;re in Mexico, but either way it isn&#39;t going their way lately. I think they&#39;ve probably been shut down forcibly, wherever they are.

djweiser
04-10-2004, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by blunt_on_tour+10 April 2004 - 14:57--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (blunt_on_tour @ 10 April 2004 - 14:57)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Withcheese@10 April 2004 - 13:52
It&#39;s so buggy that it&#39;s hard to tell, half the time ;) but all their sites are down, the main forum, the adult forum, the radio, even the frontpage of the website. It&#39;s all on different servers, so at least something should have survived - unless they&#39;ve been shut down?

@ J&#39;Pol - I don&#39;t know what to believe about where they were supposed to be, and frankly I think it&#39;s more likely that they&#39;re in Mexico, but either way it isn&#39;t going their way lately. I think they&#39;ve probably been shut down forcibly, wherever they are. [/b][/quote]
What the heck are you on about? This site or? :unsure:

J'Pol
04-10-2004, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by blunt_on_tour+10 April 2004 - 15:57--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (blunt_on_tour @ 10 April 2004 - 15:57)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Withcheese@10 April 2004 - 13:52

@ J&#39;Pol - I don&#39;t know what to believe about where they were supposed to be, and frankly I think it&#39;s more likely that they&#39;re in Mexico, but either way it isn&#39;t going their way lately. I think they&#39;ve probably been shut down forcibly, wherever they are. [/b][/quote]
Like you say, with the stuff on different servers it is unlikely for it all to go down.

I think it is most likely that they have given up the ghost on the ESV thing. It was rather stupidly dealt with from the start in any case. The heavy spamming turned everyone against it from the start.

Even if it had been any good the marketing and GUI were a disaster. There were also a load of lies behind it, with a hardcore of "fanboys" who refused to believe that there was anything wrong and defended the indefensible.

You could be right I suppose and someone could have shut them down forcibly. Whatever I suspect the chaps will be back with another try.

I am glad you are giving here a try, it is an excellent place, loads of really helpful people in a large variety of topics. Hardware, software, sharing apps of all species etc. Also good area for the chat stuff. I&#39;m sure you&#39;ll like it.

DWk
04-10-2004, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@10 April 2004 - 09:33
Hardware, software, sharing apps of all species etc. Also good area for the chat stuff. I&#39;m sure you&#39;ll like it.
Yey, I&#39;m involved in all of that :rolleyes:

blunt_on_tour
04-10-2004, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by J&#39;Pol+10 April 2004 - 16:33--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (J&#39;Pol @ 10 April 2004 - 16:33)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by blunt_on_tour@10 April 2004 - 15:57
<!--QuoteBegin-Withcheese@10 April 2004 - 13:52

@ J&#39;Pol - I don&#39;t know what to believe about where they were supposed to be, and frankly I think it&#39;s more likely that they&#39;re in Mexico, but either way it isn&#39;t going their way lately. I think they&#39;ve probably been shut down forcibly, wherever they are.
Like you say, with the stuff on different servers it is unlikely for it all to go down.

I think it is most likely that they have given up the ghost on the ESV thing. It was rather stupidly dealt with from the start in any case. The heavy spamming turned everyone against it from the start.

Even if it had been any good the marketing and GUI were a disaster. There were also a load of lies behind it, with a hardcore of "fanboys" who refused to believe that there was anything wrong and defended the indefensible.

You could be right I suppose and someone could have shut them down forcibly. Whatever I suspect the chaps will be back with another try.

I am glad you are giving here a try, it is an excellent place, loads of really helpful people in a large variety of topics. Hardware, software, sharing apps of all species etc. Also good area for the chat stuff. I&#39;m sure you&#39;ll like it. [/b][/quote]
Yeah, I completely agree. Every PR stunt they ever pulled was a disaster :lol:

The app sucks bigtime, and yet they tell you there&#39;s nothing wrong with it. They tell everybody that they&#39;re streaming free movies, and then the next thing you know they&#39;re not; "the server is down for maintenance" :rolleyes: Same with the free web hosting, templates and FTP. The concept of the app is great, but the reality didn&#39;t live up to the expectations by a long shot. It all needs a lot more work (including their social skills).

I think they&#39;ll be back in a while too; probably with some defiant story about the forces of evil trying to shut them down, and how they escaped to fight another day. Maybe next time they&#39;ll be operating from an offshore oil platform in international waters? Or onboard the international space station? Or sharing Tracey Island with the Thunderbirds? :lol: Who can say....

I&#39;m glad you&#39;re glad I&#39;m here; I&#39;m glad to be here too ;) From what I&#39;ve seen so far it&#39;s great :D Looking forward to exploring a bit and becoming ensconced on my fourth message board since finding P2P - I just hope I don&#39;t give this one the kiss of death too :huh: :o

Cheese
04-10-2004, 06:26 PM
Well it&#39;s more than a pleasure to have you here blunt, but if you do decide to stay will you have to change your name? :lol:

hobbes
04-10-2004, 06:41 PM

I guess you simply cannot understand the point here.

The violence arouse from a response to violation of his "space" and a sense of impotence. It had NOTHING to do with what was actually stolen, nothing.

It appears that events flowed quickly and the time between the news that he had been robbed and his emotional reaction to it and his ultimate confrontation with the perpetrators was rather abrupt.

I stated that it was not "the right thing to do", but that I could understand how a 16 year old might get caught up in the moment and let emotion and adrenaline rule the day.

In that millisecond between throwing the punch and stepping away, the whole scenario pivoted. Violence was NOT inevitable, but given his age (a schoolyard lad) odds favored violence. Once his fist decided the outcome, logic was tossed aside and the lad totally lost control. Have you never lost control and had to be restrained?

As for his first post, why take the details and emotions at face value, certainly you have the ability to spot an adrenaline stoked rant. You read for what it is, a release valve for his post traumatic rage.

Have you never been involved in a close call in an auto accident or something else. When the threat passes, you find yourself trembling as that adrenaline continues to course through your body. Just like you might scream obsenities at the other driver, he released his equivalent here. Give him 24 hours, he will regret the situation and be ashamed that he wanted to kick the shit out of someone, but he will still retain the satisfaction that those who fucked with him learned a lesson.

If you came home and found people stealing your stuff, why should you suddenly be able to attack? It is just stuff. Would you let them put it down and then just walk out. I would beat them crap out of them. Again, it is not about the "stuff", but about the violation.

As for brain damage to the punks, it seems that their goods are already damaged and I might consider a fist to the head "corrective therapy".

We can debate the appropriate means to handle such a situation and I certainly would have let the police take care of matters, but we cannot deny the animal pleasure we derive from righting a wrong which has been inflicted upon us.

edit: I think blunt on tour, said this better than I, now that I have had a chance to read the whole thread. I have never been victimized so I am not as in touch with the spectrum of emotion such an occurance can evoke.

J'Pol
04-10-2004, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by Withcheese@10 April 2004 - 19:26
Well it&#39;s more than a pleasure to have you here blunt, but if you do decide to stay will you have to change your name? :lol:
Too much of a rhyming slang problem. :blink:

Certainly I have been known to miss tipe when with apple.

J'Pol
04-10-2004, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by hobbes@10 April 2004 - 19:41

I guess you simply cannot understand the point here.

The violence arouse from a response to violation of his "space". It had NOTHING to do with what was actually stolen, nothing.

It appears that events flowed quickly and the time between the news that he had been robbed and his emotional reaction to it and his ultimate confrontation with the perpetrators was rather abrupt.

I stated that it was not "the right thing to do", but that I could understand how a 16 year old might get caught up in the moment and let emotion and adrenaline rule the day.

In that millisecond between throwing the punch and stepping away, the whole scenario pivoted. Violence was NOT inevitable, but given his age (a schoolyard lad) odds favored violence. Once his fist decided the outcome, logic was tossed aside and the lad totally lost control. Have you never lost control and had to be restrained?

As for his first post, why take the details and emotions at face value, certainly you have the ability to spot an adrenaline stoked rant. You read for what it is, a release valve for his post traumatic rage.

Have you never been involved in a close call in an auto accident or something else. When the threat passes, you find yourself trembling as that adrenaline continues to course through your body. Just like you might scream obsenities at the other driver, he released his equivalent here. Give him 24 hours, he will regret the situation and be ashamed that he wanted to kick the shit out of someone, but he will still retain the satisfaction that those who fucked with him learned a lesson.

If you came home and found people stealing your stuff, why should you suddenly be able to attack? It is just stuff. Would you let them put it down and then just walk out. I would beat them crap out of them. Again, it is not about the "stuff", but about the violation.

As for brain damage to the punks, it seems that their goods are already damaged and I might consider a fist to the head "corrective therapy".

We can debate the appropriate means to handle such a situation and I certainly would have let the police take care of matters, but we cannot deny the animal pleasure we derive from righting a wrong which has been inflicted upon us.
I do understand the point, I simply totally disagree with you. Not a problem for either of us. It happens often enough.

Have you read the full thread btw. It is apparent, as it was from the start, that the story is bunkum.

Another point I would like you to consider is that you saying I support the kid makes it more likely for those easily influenced to try the same sort of thing. You have provided positive reinforcement for GBH. Nice one, you should be proud.

What do you intend justifying for them next, I wait with interest. Could it be music piracy .... oh never mind.

blunt_on_tour
04-10-2004, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by J&#39;Pol+10 April 2004 - 18:43--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (J&#39;Pol &#064; 10 April 2004 - 18:43)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Withcheese@10 April 2004 - 19:26

Certainly I have been known to miss tipe when with apple. [/b][/quote]
Yeah, maybe Berkley_Hunt would suit me better? :huh: :lol:

Well, it looks like I jumped to the wrong conclusion (not a new thing in itself) - the ES5 board is back up again. Guess I&#39;ll have to delete all the posts I made slagging them off now? :lol: Nah - it&#39;s nothing I haven&#39;t said before to them.

I will continue to come here though; it&#39;s about time I got out more and explored other forums. Over the past six months I&#39;ve only frequented the one board on a regular basis, and frankly it can be a bit boring ;)

J'Pol
04-10-2004, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by blunt_on_tour+10 April 2004 - 20:06--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (blunt_on_tour @ 10 April 2004 - 20:06)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@10 April 2004 - 18:43
<!--QuoteBegin-Withcheese@10 April 2004 - 19:26

Certainly I have been known to miss tipe when with apple.
Yeah, maybe Berkley_Hunt would suit me better? :huh: :lol:

Well, it looks like I jumped to the wrong conclusion (not a new thing in itself) - the ES5 board is back up again. Guess I&#39;ll have to delete all the posts I made slagging them off now? :lol: Nah - it&#39;s nothing I haven&#39;t said before to them.

I will continue to come here though; it&#39;s about time I got out more and explored other forums. Over the past six months I&#39;ve only frequented the one board on a regular basis, and frankly it can be a bit boring ;) [/b][/quote]
Yeah I noticed it&#39;s back up.

It appears Mr Cohen&#39;s next venture is to be a &#036; 2,300,000,000 Hotel / Casino complex.

Good to hear you will be sticking about here as well.

cpt_azad
04-10-2004, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by J&#39;Pol+10 April 2004 - 03:56--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (J&#39;Pol @ 10 April 2004 - 03:56)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by cpt_azad@10 April 2004 - 12:40

Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@10 April 2004 - 03:29
<!--QuoteBegin-cpt_azad@10 April 2004 - 12:24
the actual break in and entering happened at day time when none of us were home, but they had the nerve to come back that night at around 12:45-1:00 am (not sure exact time). we had asked our neighbors if they had saw something suspicious, they said they saw a red camero in the parking area with 2 guys quickly loading things in it at around 2 pm (daytime break in entering). that same red camero came in at 12:45-1:00 am as said above wit the 2 thieves. that was more than enough evidence for me. i still can&#39;t get over that it was the tenants that did this, guess we&#39;ll have to do EXTENSIVE BACKGROUND CHECKS from now on b4 renting out the basement.
You said in your first post that

"they showed up at 4 pm, how stupid, this was right after i got home and heard the news from my dad."

So if it happened at 2pm, and you got home sometime between 2 and 4, during which time your Dad told you about the robbery. Then they arrived at about 4 and you beat the crap out of them. How does 1am come into it. [/b][/quote]
break down of events:

actual break in and entering happened at 2 pm
dad got home at 3:30 pm
i got home at 4 pm
the thieves came back at 1 am that night that&#39;s when the fight happened.

cpt_azad
04-10-2004, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by lynx@10 April 2004 - 04:28

amazing but true:

1) for those that live in vancouver, or surrey for that matter, know that there is a pawnshop next to (and i mean right next) a police station on king george hwy, how stupid can those guys get. so when we phoned the police and told them about the stolen goods (this is b4 the fight when we found out there was a breakin and entering done by our tenants) they sent some officers to that pawn shop and found the receiver and some of the dvds (no xbox games :angry: :( ).

2) estimated. the cop that got their after the fight (at night time) got me to the ground read me my rights, and after a few minutes they had to leave after they heard about the situation, they gave me an estimation and told me that i&#39;d be getting a nasty phone call and the cop told me to EXPECT 100 hrs community service and a hefty fine and also concluded that the court date would most likely be in june, haven&#39;t gotten the phone call yet though :) but i eventually will :(

3) As for the insurance, we claimed for it even b4 the police retrieved the goods from the pawn shop. they gave us the estimated amount of how much they would give us.

NOTE: when we contacted the police about the break in and entering (b4 the police went to the pawn shop) we phoned the non-emergency number, and anyone that lives in vancouver and has ever dialed that number knows how long u gotta wait <_<

J'Pol
04-10-2004, 10:16 PM
This is what you said

"they showed up at 4 pm, how stupid, this was right after i got home and heard the news from my dad. rule #1: never steal from a guy who can bench press 225 lbs and curl 50 lbs dumbells, i went out there and got right up to him, beat the living shit out of him, my dad and all the neighbors were yelling for me to stop"

Nothing about the fight at 1am. You actually said you beat them up at 4.

Later you said

"i don&#39;t care, because they have enough evidence on those tenants, i just got a hefty fine of maximum 500 dollars (undecided until june) and 100 hours of community service."

When was your trial exactly, later the same day.That really is swift justice.

You&#39;re just making it worse by coming up with crap explanations for your inconsistent story. Stop embarrassing yourself.

RGX
04-10-2004, 10:55 PM
"And so your honour I rest my case&#33;"

:P

J'Pol
04-10-2004, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by RGX@10 April 2004 - 23:55
"And so your honour I rest my case&#33;"

:P
M&#39;Lord in fact, but other than that .... :P :lol:

hobbes
04-11-2004, 12:16 AM
The accuracy of the details of this case are absolutely irrelevant.

The case centers around a young man whose sense of security has been flipped upside down. What he thought was secure is now vulnerable.

Whether the fight occured or not. Whether he "kicked ass" or not, certainly has nothing to do with my response on this thread.

The emotion he expresses is real and severe. He chose to portray himself as his own savior and that may be true or not, and also irrelevant.

The young man did not post this to be a dickhead, but to vent an exteme emotion brought on by a novel and wholly unpleasant experience.

I have responded to this thread in an attempt to say, "I understand your sense of violation and the resultant feeling of impotent rage" and not to indicate that I believe the story as fact nor support violence.

When we sense that we have lost autonomy or have never had it, we do desperate things. We can make up stories about how we evened the score, or we can create a God which will make everything be alright in the end.

The same emotion that drove the original rant is the same emotion that drove the creation of God, loss/lack of control and fear.

Humans are real fairly simple entities.

silent VI
04-11-2004, 12:27 AM
was from the start, that the story is bunkum.

i live hella close 20min drive to surry mabey i should go see if this "story is real" or if buddy is even 300pnds or whatever :ph34r:

J'Pol
04-11-2004, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by hobbes@11 April 2004 - 01:16
The accuracy of the details of this case are absolutely irrelevant.

The case centers around a young man whose sense of security has been flipped upside down. What he thought was secure is now vulnerable.

Whether the fight occured or not. Whether he "kicked ass" or not, certainly has nothing to do with my response on this thread.

The emotion he expresses is real and severe. He chose to portray himself as his own savior and that may be true or not, and also irrelevant.

The young man did not post this to be a dickhead, but to vent an exteme emotion brought on by a novel and wholly unpleasant experience.

I have responded to this thread in an attempt to say, "I understand your sense of violation and the resultant feeling of impotent rage" and not to indicate that I believe the story as fact nor support violence.

When we sense that we have lost autonomy or have never had it, we do desperate things. We can make up stories about how we evened the score, or we can create a God which will make everything be alright in the end.

The same emotion that drove the original rant is the same emotion that drove the creation of God, loss/lack of control and fear.

Humans are real fairly simple entities.
The only relevant thing in this whole thread is your support of mindless violence.

You really should know better, but I did say that before.

delphin460
04-11-2004, 12:56 AM
i still say he&#39;s a midget with a complex

hobbes
04-11-2004, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@11 April 2004 - 01:51

The only relevant thing in this whole thread is your support of mindless violence.

Other than the fact that I specifically stated that he did not make the right decision, but I understood his reaction, you are as wrong as possible.

I supported him because I did not think he was a "dickhead" but a scared teenager.

Humans are as simple in their motivations and reactions as I have stated. Do you have any evidence to the contrary?

BTW, "mindless violence" would indicate that there was no reason for him to be upset at these particular individuals.

Why are you quibbling details, they are beside the point?

J'Pol
04-11-2004, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by hobbes+11 April 2004 - 02:00--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hobbes @ 11 April 2004 - 02:00)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-J&#39;Pol@11 April 2004 - 01:51

Other than the fact that I specifically stated that he did not make the right decision, but I understood his reaction, you are as wrong as possible.

I supported him because I did not think he was a "dickhead" but a scared teenager.

Humans are as simple in their motivations and reactions as I have stated. Do you have any evidence to the contrary?

BTW, "mindless violence" would indicate that there was no reason for him to be upset at these particular individuals.

Why are you quibbling details, they are beside the point? [/b][/quote]
This is an academic exercise to you. However some people take your comments seriously.

You have provided justification for extreme violence. If that was your intention, then it was achieved.

Congratulations.

hobbes
04-11-2004, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by hobbes@11 April 2004 - 01:16

Yes, and this line would actually contradict you.

Let us deal with what the thread was about: anxiety, fear, and loss of control, not a Scotland Yard scrutiny of the details.

J'Pol
04-11-2004, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by hobbes+11 April 2004 - 02:16--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hobbes @ 11 April 2004 - 02:16)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-hobbes@11 April 2004 - 01:16

Yes, and this line would actually contradict you.

Let us deal with what the thread was about: anxiety, fear, and loss of control, not a Scotland Yard scrutiny of the details. [/b][/quote]
Good point, never let the facts get in the way of your interpretation.

The thread was about an alleged actual incident. Whether that suits you or not.

hobbes
04-11-2004, 01:42 AM
No, the thread was about a young mans emotional response to an experience which undermined his sense of security.

Concepts >>> details

J'Pol
04-11-2004, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by hobbes@11 April 2004 - 02:42
No, the thread was about a young mans emotional response to an experience which undermined his sense of security.

Concepts >>> details
No, the thread was started on the basis of a tissue of lies which you have chosen to dignify with your own interpretation.

Purely because you were naive enough to believe those lies and arrogant enough not to bother reading what other people posted.

hobbes
04-11-2004, 02:17 AM
Of course, as I said, the veracity of the claims are irrelvant to the emotion expressed. The thread was started because a young man became extremely upset.

It was not the purpose of the poster to be a "dickhead", but to release his anger/anxiety.

You can defend your concrete interpretaion ad infinitum, but you have missed the boat entirely. Congratulations on that.

BTW, I have read every single thread, every one. What sort of arrogance is that?

Naive? I understood a situation had occured which had prompted an emotional response. I could care less about the details, they are for the mindlessly concrete. I understood the words between the lines.

J'Pol
04-11-2004, 02:26 AM
Originally posted by hobbes@11 April 2004 - 03:17
Of course, as I said, the veracity of the claims are irrelvant to the emotion expressed. The thread was started because a young man became extremely upset.

Extremely upset by what ? An alleged event which did not actually occur.

My contention is that the poster is not actually upset by anything and merely posted for reactions such as yours.

The fact that you bought it is your problem not mine.

hobbes
04-11-2004, 02:37 AM
Why do you think it did not occur?

Somrthing did occur, somebody did respond, and thus we have this thread.

Lust remember Azad has been a member for some time, why respond now with a bullshit?

It just does not fit.

djweiser
04-11-2004, 02:39 AM
I think this post is getting abit out of hand. Constructive replys only please.

bujub22
04-11-2004, 02:40 AM
http://www.mcbriens.net/liam/img/smilies/lock.gifpleeeeez&#33; ;)

djweiser
04-11-2004, 02:44 AM
Originally posted by bujub22@11 April 2004 - 02:40
http://www.mcbriens.net/liam/img/smilies/lock.gifpleeeeez&#33; ;)
I agree.

J'Pol
04-11-2004, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by hobbes@11 April 2004 - 03:37
Why do you think it did not occur?

Somrthing did occur, somebody did respond, and thus we have this thread.

Lust remember Azad has been a member for some time, why respond now with a bullshit?

It just does not fit.
I think it did not occur because of the inconsistencies, highly unlikely events and lies in the story. I am far from being the only one who has come to this conclusion.

Whether you think it fits or not is irrelevant. Plenty of murders (or other crimes) occur where the perpetrator simply wasn&#39;t that sort of person. In the eyes of those around him (or her).

You simply cannot accept that you believed this hogwash, so you desperately try to defend the veracity. It is quite sad to see.

You support mindless violence and you cannot accept that your judgment was incorrect. What a shame, I had thought so much more highly of you.

hobbes
04-11-2004, 04:32 PM
I fail to see where I stated that I believed his story. My first post addressed his emotional rant and I chose not to quibble the details as "something" did occur, of that I am certain.

To repeat:

Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@11 April 2004 - 10:34

It was not the purpose of the poster to be a "dickhead", but to release his anger/anxiety.

You can defend your concrete interpretaion ad infinitum, but you have missed the boat entirely. Congratulations on that.

BTW, I have read every single thread, every one. What sort of arrogance is that?

Naive? I understood a situation had occured which had prompted an emotional response. I could care less about the details, they are for the mindlessly concrete. I understood the words between the lines.

So I commend you for not understanding that his rant was a form of catharsis for an "event" which recently occurred, whatever the details may be. Rather than let him dissipate his anger you decided to call him a dickhead to restoke his fire. You then preceded on some ridiculous dissection of the events, to find that they did not unfold as originally detailed. Well, no shit sherlock.

So rather than address the actual claims, I addressed his emotional state. That rant did not come from a vacuum.

And as far as supporting mindless violence, was this line too confusing?

By "going with the kid" I am saying that I understand his emotional response and I don&#39;t think he came in here from a vacuum to post that initial froth, simply to be a "dickhead". If I could change one word, it would be "would" to "might", because I am not 16. But sometimes, even us old gits lose control of our tempers.

As for being disappointed in me, blah, blah, I already heard that from Lefty. Some people need to use that trite old barb, it does you no credit.

Triadcool
04-11-2004, 04:39 PM
never steal from a guy who can bench press 225 lbs and curl 50 lbs dumbells

HAHA, I guess nobody should mess with me huh, I can bench 225 and curl 50lbs and im only 16. My friend he is 16 and he can bench 320 and curl 90lbs, he is one beast.

Peerzy
04-11-2004, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by cpt_azad@9 April 2004 - 04:18
so we got broken into today, worst thing that could happen to me, they stole my home theater system and a bunch of dvds (50 dvds, 17 xbox games). here&#39;s the most saddest part of all, the thieves were my downstairs (tenants) boyfriend and the boyfriends friend. they showed up at 4 pm, how stupid, this was right after i got home and heard the news from my dad. rule #1: never steal from a guy who can bench press 225 lbs and curl 50 lbs dumbells, i went out there and got right up to him, beat the living shit out of him, my dad and all the neighbors were yelling for me to stop, but i didn&#39;t give a fuck, i made the motherfucka bleed like the worthless bitch he his. now they&#39;re threatning to sue us, i don&#39;t give a fuck, cuz i broke his nose, jaw, and leg. what a pussy, ironic thing: i&#39;m only 16, and the bastard was like 25 and his friend weighed 300 or so pounds and was also 25. i beat the shit out of both of em, pussies didn&#39;t even know how to fight, i still got a bunch of adrenaline left in my system, thought that typing this up would release some of it, i&#39;m still fuckin pissed though, those bastards, fuck

edit: the guy actually tried to fight back, what a dumass, he just made it that much more humiliating, one punched the fat guy btw, he was on the ground bleeding from his mouth and i kicked him until the guy cried, seriosly, some ppl are pussies man, if ur gonna steal something become a man first, not a pussy who doesn&#39;t even know how to block punches or reverse them or defend themselves, oh and get this, guy pulls out a switchblade, just punched his forearm, heard it snap like a twig (fat guy), now the cops are questioning me (were questioning me) and the ambulance paramdics gave me a nasty look, but i don&#39;t give a fuck, i&#39;m fuckin pissed <_<
that so amercain, I can bench press aload of shit so im much stronger and bigger than everyone else in the room, becuase i can lift up so much, im going to go walking around like im the rock out of wrestling. Maybe if i bench press about so much more im going to be the strongest man in the world, o well this guy looked at me wierd so im gonna go brag about how many little kids i beat the shit out of hen bench press his ass though a wall and call Bush to bomb his ass <_<

Only in the USA <_<

DWk
04-11-2004, 09:59 PM
Don&#39;t we just love em&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

NOT&#33; :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :mad3: :mad3: :mad3: :mad3: :mad3:

hobbes
04-11-2004, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by peerzyboy@11 April 2004 - 22:37

that so amercain, I can bench press aload of shit so im much stronger and bigger than everyone else in the room, becuase i can lift up so much, im going to go walking around like im the rock out of wrestling. Maybe if i bench press about so much more im going to be the strongest man in the world, o well this guy looked at me wierd so im gonna go brag about how many little kids i beat the shit out of hen bench press his ass though a wall and call Bush to bomb his ass <_<

Only in the USA <_<
Wow, you stereotyped a nation by the posting of a 16 year old child. I am getting sick of this Anti-American bullshit.

It is equivalent to racism and that is banned from the board. Why should anti-American people statements be allowed to stay, what is the difference?

Here, they are not only not banned, but usually applauded.

Thanks for your input, arsehole.

Peerzy
04-11-2004, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by hobbes+11 April 2004 - 22:06--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hobbes @ 11 April 2004 - 22:06)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-peerzyboy@11 April 2004 - 22:37

Only in the USA <_<
Wow, you stereotyped a nation by the posting of a 16 year old child. I am getting sick of this Anti-American bullshit.

It is equivalent to racism and that is banned from the board. Why should anti-American people statements be allowed to stay, what is the difference?

Here, they are not only not banned, but usually applauded.

Thanks for your input, asshole. [/b][/quote]
You got me all wrong....

I don&#39;t sterotype people from hte USA into people like this guy, its just in the back of our minds we all have a thought about everyone. People proberly think becuase im from england im a stuck up posh twat, far fromit, i aint posh and i aint stuck up. Im just saying this guy is trying to act really hard and really powerfull, and all he is coming off as is a sterotypical usa twat, and its people like him making bullshit like this that gives you people a bad image in the back of my mind.

J'Pol
04-11-2004, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by hobbes+11 April 2004 - 17:32--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hobbes @ 11 April 2004 - 17:32)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> I fail to see where I stated that I believed his story. My first post addressed his emotional rant and I chose not to quibble the details as "something" did occur, of that I am certain.

To repeat:

<!--QuoteBegin-J&#39;Pol@11 April 2004 - 10:34

So I commend you for not understanding that his rant was a form of catharsis for an "event" which recently occurred, whatever the details may be. Rather than let him dissipate his anger you decided to call him a dickhead to restoke his fire. You then preceded on some ridiculous dissection of the events, to find that they did not unfold as originally detailed. Well, no shit sherlock.

So rather than address the actual claims, I addressed his emotional state. That rant did not come from a vacuum.

And as far as supporting mindless violence, was this line too confusing?

By "going with the kid" I am saying that I understand his emotional response and I don&#39;t think he came in here from a vacuum to post that initial froth, simply to be a "dickhead". If I could change one word, it would be "would" to "might", because I am not 16. But sometimes, even us old gits lose control of our tempers.

As for being disappointed in me, blah, blah, I already heard that from Lefty. Some people need to use that trite old barb, it does you no credit. [/b][/quote]
Given that the events did not take place that entire post is nonsense.

It was an emotional response to nothing, it was a rant about nothing.

It was a lie to try to illicit some form of hero worship.

The reason I seek to find if the story is true or not, is that without it being true the reaction is not true.

Like I said you may inhabit a world of academic exercise. I inhabit one where the truth behind a situation must be decided, before we can even begin to contemplate the reaction to it and whether it was appropriate.

I repeat I am surprised at you, it is no form of tactic. The one thing we do know is that you would have reacted in the way described. You would have attacked and violently beaten someone who, from what I can read was no immediate threat. Rather than getting the Police to deal with the situation. I really and truly am surprised at this. Not only that you would have done it, but that you would tell this to the young.

That is how you supported the violence, by saying that you would have done the same thing. You are telling someone that you believe to be a 16 year old, that what he did was wrong, but that you would act in the same way. That&#39;s support in my view.

Oh and I only called him a dickhead after it was apparent that the story was nonsense. I fail to see how that stoked anything.

hobbes
04-11-2004, 10:38 PM
On to another topic then, as I think an impasse has been reached. I don&#39;t think the story was a complete fabrication, but probably heavily embellished.

Did he admit that everything was false, if so, then you are completely correct.

I reviewed some of his prior posts and he has been here for over a year and then out of nowhere this rant? It doesn&#39;t make sense to me that this would come from a vacuum.

I think the key is that we each approached the post from a different tack. You were offend by his superheroesque manner of righting wrongs and you chose to debunk this sensational story by causing him to trip over his embellishments and fabrications.

I took the approach of analyzing the reason why someone can get so infuriated over losing silly material objects. I wanted to explain how it is not the objects that generate the strong emotion, but the sense of violation and impotence that such an act can illicit.

In the course of the thread our light sabres crossed and thus here we are.

I&#39;m done, and ready for something new.

J'Pol
04-11-2004, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by hobbes@11 April 2004 - 23:38
On to another topic then, as I think an impasse has been reached. I don&#39;t think the story was a complete fabrication, but probably heavily embellished.

I reviewed some of his prior posts and he has been here for over a year and then out of nowhere this rant? It doesn&#39;t make sense to me that this would come from a vacuum.

I think the key is that we each approached the post from a different tack. You were offend by his superheroesque manner of righting wrongs and you chose to debunk this sensational story by causing him to trip over his embellishments and fabrications.

I took the approach of analyzing the reason why someone can get so infuriated over losing silly material objects. I wanted to explain how it is not the objects that generate the strong emotion, but the sense of violation and impotence that such an act can illicit.

I agree.

I also think you are well aware of the reason we took the approaches we did.

As ever thanks for that.

hobbes
04-11-2004, 10:42 PM
For Peerzboyz,

Are you aware that the poster lives in Canada, not the USA? Bush does not drop bombs for Canadians.

I guess you are right, those Canadians are a bunch of macho steroid freaks looking for a fight.

hobbes
04-11-2004, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by J&#39;Pol+11 April 2004 - 23:42--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (J&#39;Pol @ 11 April 2004 - 23:42)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-hobbes@11 April 2004 - 23:38

I reviewed some of his prior posts and he has been here for over a year and then out of nowhere this rant?&nbsp; It doesn&#39;t make sense to me that this would come from a vacuum.

I think the key is that we each approached the post from a different tack.&nbsp; You were offend by his superheroesque manner of righting wrongs and you chose to debunk this sensational story by causing him to trip over his embellishments and fabrications.

I took the approach of analyzing the reason why someone can get so infuriated over losing silly material objects.&nbsp; I wanted to explain how it is not the objects that generate the strong emotion, but the sense of violation and impotence that such an act can illicit.

I agree.

I also think you are well aware of the reason we took the approaches we did.

As ever thanks for that. [/b][/quote]
You may be smarter then you look, Martha. Or is it Loretta?

J'Pol
04-11-2004, 10:49 PM
I really and truly hope I am smarter than I look. Now move along.

Peerzy
04-11-2004, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by hobbes@11 April 2004 - 22:42
For Peerzboyz,

Are you aware that the poster lives in Canada, not the USA? Bush does not drop bombs for Canadians.

I guess you are right, those Canadians are a bunch of macho steroid freaks looking for a fight.
1)Peerzyboy NOT Peerzyboyz

2)Yeah maybe i did make a anti usa comment about a Canadians but even in your post you admit that USA people are alot like that:

i thought he was an amercain so you&#39;re impling that

I guess you are right, those USA&#39;s are a bunch of macho steroid freaks looking for a fight.

Face it we all have a sterotipical image of everyone from everywhere, with every different thing its life.

J'Pol
04-11-2004, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by peerzyboy@11 April 2004 - 23:58

Face it we all have a sterotipical image of everyone from everywhere, with every different thing its life.
Speak for yourself.

Loads of us speak as we find. If you are different that is a matter for you.

Peerzy
04-11-2004, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by J&#39;Pol+11 April 2004 - 23:00--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (J&#39;Pol @ 11 April 2004 - 23:00)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-peerzyboy@11 April 2004 - 23:58

Speak for yourself.

Loads of us speak as we find. If you are different that is a matter for you. [/b][/quote]
If an amercain heres about an english man there gonna thing, speaks posh, etc

the simpson&#39;s for exapmle,

They had tony bliar on he was a posh talking snob which he isnt.

You don&#39;t know anything about me, but you sve proberly got an image in your head of something, unless you think everyone is a black shape with no personality untill you know everything there is to know about that person,

anyway thats what i think, u think differently okay fine by me.

i dont wana argue.

:)

hobbes
04-11-2004, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by peerzyboy+11 April 2004 - 23:58--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (peerzyboy &#064; 11 April 2004 - 23:58)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-hobbes@11 April 2004 - 22:42
For Peerzboyz,

Are you aware that the poster lives in Canada, not the USA?&nbsp; Bush does not drop bombs for Canadians.

2)Yeah maybe i did make a anti usa comment about a Canadians but even in your post you admit that USA people are alot like that:

I guess you are right, those USA&#39;s are a bunch of macho steroid freaks looking for a fight.

Face it we all have a sterotipical image of everyone from everywhere, with every different thing its life.[/b][/quote]

Pierzboyzee,

Sorry, I thought that a smiley was a bit un-necessary after making such a ridiculous over-the-top statement about Canadians.

Didn&#39;t you see Bowling for Columbine, Canadians don&#39;t have crime and don&#39;t lock their doors.

You need to start dealing with people, not stereotypes or looking foolish, as you have here, will become a way of life.

I form an image of you by how you post, rather than your country of origin.

J'Pol
04-11-2004, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by peerzyboy+12 April 2004 - 00:04--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (peerzyboy @ 12 April 2004 - 00:04)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@11 April 2004 - 23:00
<!--QuoteBegin-peerzyboy@11 April 2004 - 23:58

Speak for yourself.

Loads of us speak as we find. If you are different that is a matter for you.
If an amercain heres about an english man there gonna thing, speaks posh, etc

the simpson&#39;s for exapmle,

They had tony bliar on he was a posh talking snob which he isnt.

You don&#39;t know anything about me, but you sve proberly got an image in your head of something, unless you think everyone is a black shape with no personality untill you know everything there is to know about that person,

anyway thats what i think, u think differently okay fine by me.

i dont wana argue.

:) [/b][/quote]
You choose to judge everyone else by your own standards. Cool, I have no problem with that.

However I can assure you I do not have a stereotype of every other race, creed or colour. It simply isn&#39;t the way I was brought up.

james_bond_rulez
04-11-2004, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by hobbes@11 April 2004 - 13:42
For Peerzboyz,

Are you aware that the poster lives in Canada, not the USA?&nbsp; Bush does not drop bombs for Canadians.

Not real bombs anyway...but politically...that&#39;s anothe story <_<

Oh yeah, i am gonna kick ur ass hobbes :rolleyes:

jk :lol:

Peerzy
04-11-2004, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by hobbes+11 April 2004 - 23:12--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hobbes @ 11 April 2004 - 23:12)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by peerzyboy@11 April 2004 - 23:58
<!--QuoteBegin-hobbes@11 April 2004 - 22:42
For Peerzboyz,

Peerzyboy,

Sorry, I thought that a smiley was a bit un-necessary after making such a ridiculous over-the-top statement about Canadians.

Didn&#39;t you see Bowling for Columbine, Canadians don&#39;t have crime and don&#39;t lock their doors.

You need to start dealing with people, not stereotypes or looking foolish, as you have here, will become a way of life.

I form an image of you by how you post, rather than your country of origin. [/b][/quote]
Usually i do not know the race/country of orgin etc but from his post i thought he was an amercain and maybe im not sure, a few other people would have.

The fatc that he wasn&#39;t proved me wrong i admit that, but still you thought he was an amercain to with the way you replied saying how anti usa it was and how you are fed up.

No harm done :)

DanB
12-01-2005, 10:47 PM

Spider_dude
12-01-2005, 10:55 PM
bump

maebach
12-02-2005, 12:29 AM
cpt azad, I never knew you were so tough. props for that.

Seedler
12-02-2005, 01:59 AM
lol:lol: this is the funniest shit i've heard in a while. Well done. Just remind me never to piss you off in anyway

crysmileyguy!
12-02-2005, 05:24 AM
whats with the few year old topics been bumped by u guys?

brotherdoobie
12-02-2005, 05:30 AM
lol:lol: this is the funniest shit i've heard in a while. Well done. Just remind me never to piss you off in anyway

I assure you that teh CPT is a pussy.
Piss away.

Peace bd

S!X
12-02-2005, 08:06 AM
All I have to say is... get ready for it....!!!!

OWNED.

:D :ph34r:

DanB
12-02-2005, 06:51 PM

its all lies :frusty:

Gripper
12-02-2005, 10:03 PM
Do you think his neighbour shot him,he's not posted in a while?

JPaul
12-02-2005, 10:05 PM
Do you think his neighbour shot him,he's not posted in a while?
I think he joined Delta Force, as an instructor.

Gripper
12-02-2005, 10:10 PM
I thought he might have been that bloke on The Paul o Grady show..Big Dave fro NY

S!X
12-02-2005, 10:11 PM

its all lies :frusty:

Na dude, meng is a powerhouse. :ph34r:

Gripper
12-02-2005, 10:46 PM
spam spam

hobbes
12-03-2005, 05:42 AM
This was a fun re-read.

Now off to find the thread where djnetweiser wanted us to visit his site to raise money for his girlfriend who was ailing from a cancer he could not properly articulate.

ziggyjuarez
12-03-2005, 05:48 AM
I seen him on msn webcam a few mounths ago.He Isent very big.In fact hes very small.

GepperRankins
12-03-2005, 05:55 AM
I seen him on msn webcam a few mounths ago.He Isent very big.In fact hes very small.
maybe it was just your webcam

ziggyjuarez
Can some one recap the thread?I cant read.Whats it say dave?

ziggyjuarez
maybe it was just your webcam
wat

GepperRankins
12-03-2005, 06:00 AM
you heard

ziggyjuarez
12-03-2005, 06:06 AM
dnt udrsnd

Gripper
12-03-2005, 09:53 AM
Recap:Cpt azad is superman/ninja,badly beat 2 thieves,went to court,fined all in one day(full of shit)

Proper Bo
12-03-2005, 01:36 PM
don't forget the classic "punched him in the forearm and heard it snap" line.

Mr JP Fugley
12-03-2005, 01:40 PM
In a twig-like manner, if memory serves.

Note to self - use manner in a post, making reference to manker.

Proper Bo
12-03-2005, 01:41 PM
aslong as it's not in a manker-manner, lyke:dabs:

manker
12-03-2005, 01:43 PM
What can he mean :shifty:

Gripper
12-03-2005, 09:03 PM
Its really hard to break someones arm,the clavicle is a peice of piss.
You need to apply pressure to an arm or jump on it.

rnanker
03-20-2006, 02:10 AM
bump for fun of this thread.

manker
03-20-2006, 02:21 AM
Sucks the way that changing the forum software gave the quote boxes aids :dabs:

rnanker
03-20-2006, 02:25 AM
yeah but at least we got to keep this thread.

"punched his arm and heard it snap like a twig"

the guy must have had arm aids.

maebach
03-20-2006, 03:49 AM

arm aids.

JPaul
03-20-2006, 03:32 PM

arm aids.
:lol: :earl:

Agreed.

Do you think Asda ever reads this type of stuff back and ponders "what in the name of feck was I thinking".

Guillaume
03-20-2006, 04:56 PM
Do you think Asda ever ponders.
Preposterous.

JPaul
03-20-2006, 07:41 PM
Do you think Asda ever ponders.
Preposterous.
Fait point, I never really thought that thro'.