PDA

View Full Version : Mac To Hp

Draconos
04-09-2004, 06:22 AM
Is there anyway of having a Mac communicate with an HP? Or to convert a captur card in a Mac to be used with an HP?

D

Storm
04-09-2004, 03:32 PM
HP PC or HP Printer or what?

Draconos
04-09-2004, 10:06 PM
HP pc, here is the situation. I have a mac, older model with a capture card in it, I dont have a capture card on my HP, even though I have sonic dvd writer that says you can capture, I havnt found anywhere I can connect my camcorder. but I can do it on my old mac, I want to know If I can take the card from the mac and put it into the HP or if there is an other way of having both communicate.

D

Storm
04-09-2004, 11:16 PM
setting up a simple home network should allow you to let them communicate....... you could even try a firewire connection (i dont know if mac's support those things though)

putting the capture card in the HP: i doubt it.... ive heard you can move certain things around, but that's more experimental (http://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?showtopic=108335)
im dont know to much about this subject, but i would really go towards a small home network, or maybe (yeah, sucks, i know) even burning to a CD and using that as a network :(

lynx
04-10-2004, 10:59 AM
What model is the capture card?

Unless it is specifically made for the Mac I would expect drivers for Windows to be readily available. Even Mac's tend to use standard parts for most things.

Draconos
04-12-2004, 12:13 AM
I have no idea,it came with the system. it was a top of the line Mac back in 95, its probably way out dated, but it still does the trick for capturing, but there isnt a burner in the mac

the model is a performa 6320CD

D