PDA

View Full Version : Im Suffering With Bad Chunks!

stir
04-09-2004, 09:22 PM
Whos got the noddle then? Someone i hope,cos i cant take much more.
Ive recenlty had windows xp reinstalled and cleared my harddrive so have started from scratch and Im having major problems with all avi files. They wont play in any player except sometimes in VIDEOLAN but this even will crash after a short peroid or the picture will start to 'melt'.Ive checked through Gspot and it says codec are installed but will not render.EVERY film i download (the last 6) have shown in Gspot to have BAD CHUNKS. Avicodec also says i have no problems. ive tried fixing the files with DivFix to no avail. Am i just unlucky to be downloading broken files or is there a problem somewhere else.These last films ive downed have all come from verified hashes so id like to think they are ok!But to me it really seems that these files are all corrupted in some way.
Hope someone has the solution,ill provide whatever further information is required, thanks

stir
04-14-2004, 01:00 PM
anyone?

Snee
04-14-2004, 04:51 PM
You might not have selected the best title for this topic. :blink:

What codec packs do you have installed exactly?

Tried the ole' k-lite codecs?

stir
04-15-2004, 12:33 PM
Yep i presently have the K-lite codec pack installed , and ive also tried numerous others previous including nimo with no luck either.Ive tried installing just the minimal codecs needed as seen on gspot and avicodec with no luck either.