PDA

View Full Version : Busted

javelinmansst
04-10-2004, 10:38 PM
:unsure: recently i recieved an email from my isp.
It said that someone or some group (didnt specify) had reported me to them and said that i was breaking our contract agreement.
they listed my username on kazaalite, the file that i was sharing(a movie), the port from which it was uploaded , and the time and date of the upload.

they reminded me of copywrite infringment laws and warned me that unless i removed the files from my puter and stopped sharing files within the next 24 hours, they would cancel my service and possibly contact authorities.

:o As you can imagine , I SHIT MY PANTS, :o
:angry: :angry: I want to know who it was that did this to me, is it possible for some dick to get my isp address and contact my isp with my kazaalites ip blocker tool on.??
they said they would tell me who reported me if I wanted to dispute it , but i would have to give them total access to my hard drive to prove that I wasnt sharing.

basically, they gave me a slap on the wrist, what is weird is that they never mentioned anything about downloading a file, they just said not to share it.
I am still sharing files on k--lite but i changed my username and updated my ip blocker. BUT IM STILL NERVOUS

I HATE LEECHERS AS MUCH AS THE NEXT GUY, BUT WHAT WOULD YOU DO, SHOULD I KEEP SHARING.. :huh: :blink:

othmanni
04-10-2004, 11:27 PM
Most probably this was some dickhead just playing with ..
i have been in other forums and seen some peaple give a way RIAA worning letter (fake ones) just to scare peaple from using kazaa lite and make them some how use thier won ..well bleave shit can happen
if u dint wanna get caught just download from kazaa lite and share it in other safer progi such as es5......good proram i used and still use am on dial up and i get stead download at a rate of 6.5 to 7 sometimes but never less than 5 kB/s
add on u cant controll ur upload ,,and this mean at some point u will act as a server as i did once ...
hOLLa

abu_has_the_power
04-11-2004, 12:41 AM
1. format ur hdd, burn all ur shit on to disks and hid them in ur car or something
2. find out who that is
3. fuck him up with a sword and a chainsaw
4. call the authorities and frame his mom or something

or u can just stop sharing. were u using a firewall or a router?

Monkster
04-11-2004, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by abu_has_the_power@11 April 2004 - 00:41
1. format ur hdd, burn all ur shit on to disks and hid them in ur car or something
2. find out who that is

Yes, but you should prolly burn all ur shit on to disks before u format ur hd :P

javelinmansst
04-11-2004, 06:20 AM
:rolleyes: as far as being a trick, I doubt it.
my isp name was at the top of the email (graphically displayed) with thier logo.
and they had my ENTIRE contract agreement included in the message. including all the legal mumbo jumbo. :(

it was very official.
as far as being firewalled , I have zone alarm , but at the time it wasnt on. im not behind a router, and that ip blocker tool on k-lite was not updated.

:lol: :lol: I LIKE THE SWORD AND CHAINSAW IDEA, :ph34r: :ph34r:
ive already put everything on disk and reformatted. but since have downloaded a bunch of new shit.

i wish i could find out who did this shit. I would fuck thier world up. unless of course it WAS the MIAA.
but i think that if was them, i WOULD be busted.(fined and/or imprisoned)

I may just take my chances, i dont know yet.

muchspl2
04-11-2004, 07:35 AM
contest that shit, your word against theirs and if they pulled that shit I'd have a civil case against them, invasion of privacy
never mind that I would want to know all about there "collecting method's" but guess thats just me

vivitron 15
04-11-2004, 10:25 AM
if they have just said "please stop sharing this file..." then do it, stop sharing that particular file. try to stay away from the high-profile, new releases for awhile, wait till the films have been out for awhile, when the companies are less likely to be interested.

just keep your head down for a bit, maybe contact your isp anonymously to find their policy about this; my isp are pretty good, wont release my details unless absolutely necessary, so i figure i have a couple of warning letters (well 1 left now) before they screw me, so if i get 1 more then i will have to switch isp.

just try to be thoughtful and sensible, and keep your head down and you should be fine

masterpiece21
04-11-2004, 04:26 PM
I say beat the shit out of all ur siblings until one of them confesses to reporting u :P and ya burn ur shit to disks and bury that shit in ur backyard :D and plus,ever thought of not using k-lite?switch to another P2P,plus,almost anythnig is better than fasttrack nowadayz <_<

almostalive2003
04-12-2004, 04:14 AM
Keep sharing use protowall

tensegg
04-12-2004, 04:45 AM
2. find out who that is

lmfao :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: , especially formatting first :lol:

get PROTOWALL and BLOCKLISTMANAGER HERE (http://bluetack.co.uk/index.php) bro, and protect yo sorry ass a bit more ;), but never stop sharing, even if it has to be from prison :lol:

AcID ZeR0
04-13-2004, 01:45 AM
Just use something like bittorrent to get your movies from and Blubster for your MP3&#39;s other users may disagree with the two I just said but your least likely to get caught with them two.

BoomBox
04-14-2004, 12:53 AM
Buy a small 10Gig harddrive, install Win98 and post it to your isp&#33; And then demand compensation for the unjustified harrassment.

Adster
04-14-2004, 06:49 AM
Your F*CKED

Run for your life

Switeck
04-16-2004, 06:55 PM
Assume the letter is legitimate, call your ISP up and ask where the complaint originated from... possibly implying it may not be true that you did what the complaint alleges.
"I&#39;m not sure this letter is legitimate, as it sounds alot like a scary scam tactic."

Even before making the call, quit sharing movies on Kazaa/Kazaa Lite/any file-sharing network -- at least for a month, probably for 3-6 months.

If you receive an EMAIL from someone claiming you comitted copyright infringement, save the email locally (as a HTML file if possible&#33;) and delete the original. DON&#39;T reply to it, as it may tie your name to your ip. If you&#39;re a hacker expert, or know one, try to determine if the letter contained any pictures (web tracking bugs) and what internet servers those pictures originated from. Viewing these pictures acts to log when you read the email and what IP you read the email from.

Lastly, share something far different than movies -- maybe not video at all -- so it will be unlikely the same organization that found you will be interested in what you&#39;re sharing now. The amount of free-to-share stuff is immense, just not well-known, and often NEEDS publicity to be spread.

Arm
04-17-2004, 02:38 AM
:01: Get your ass off Kazaa and get your ass on Ares. A seperate network not targeted by the RAPE as of yet. B)

h121589
04-17-2004, 04:31 AM
I Would uninstall all IllLegal programs on my comp get rid of all my songs and movie unplug the Internet and wouldnt get on my comp for about 2 months

abu_has_the_power
04-17-2004, 04:38 AM
yea, ok htanks for noticing my bad typing. :D :lol:

now, after u format, use a strong magnet, and run it by the hdd, by by everything. nothing will be able to be recovered again. better yet, sell the hdd, and buy a new one&#33;&#33;

then, heres protection: (no condoms ;) )
1. always keep zonealarm on
2. import ips
3. get a router
4 forward the ports on ur firewall and router
5. klite ip blocker doesn&#39;t do shit

i&#39;ve been using htis, no probs

and bout the letter. call ur isp, and ask them how they found out that u were sharing. tell them that under us amendment # ..., ivasion of ur privacy is a felony and they should be fucked by a cow with mad cow disease ( :lol: :D ). heck, take it to court. ur main defense is invasion of privacy and hacking ur comp. then u can say that u weren&#39;t dling cuz ur friend was over, and he was fucking with ur comp, and he dled the thing.

:01: :01:

othmanni
04-17-2004, 08:35 AM
I have 4 words for u USE EATH STAION FIVE ...
:D :P :huh:

-------------------------------------------------------------
edit: i have few words for you:
that addy you just posted is banned here

4th gen
04-17-2004, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by othmanni@17 April 2004 - 07:35
u can get it from es5(dot)com :D :P :huh:
ES5 is not anonymous. It&#39;s been proven before :lol:

othmanni
04-17-2004, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by 4th gen+17 April 2004 - 08:38--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (4th gen &#064; 17 April 2004 - 08:38)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-othmanni@17 April 2004 - 07:35
:D&nbsp; :P&nbsp; :huh:
ES5 is not anonymous. It&#39;s been proven before :lol: [/b][/quote]
i am welling to proof it is safe if u r welling to debate :huh: ? will you?

4th gen
04-17-2004, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by othmanni@17 April 2004 - 07:42
It&#39;s been proven it&#39;s not anonymous.

What do you mean by safe?

othmanni
04-17-2004, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by 4th gen+17 April 2004 - 08:46--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (4th gen @ 17 April 2004 - 08:46)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-othmanni@17 April 2004 - 07:42
It&#39;s been proven it&#39;s not anonymous.

What do you mean by safe? [/b][/quote]
safe= anonymous
what is your proof about that ...that it is not anonymous

4th gen
04-17-2004, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by othmanni@17 April 2004 - 07:48
safe= anonymous
http://www.slyck.com/news.php?story=406

edit: What is your proof it is anonymous?

muchspl2
04-17-2004, 09:03 AM
he doesn&#39;t need proof es5 is safe, the people at es5 have told him and thats all he needs

fucking sheep

Samurai
04-17-2004, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by muchspl2@11 April 2004 - 06:35
contest that shit, your word against theirs and if they pulled that shit I&#39;d have a civil case against them, invasion of privacy
never mind that I would want to know all about there "collecting method&#39;s" but guess thats just me
Totally agree.

Also suggest ridding yourself of Zone Alarm and installing Sygate Personal Firewall Pro. Much better.

othmanni
04-17-2004, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by muchspl2@17 April 2004 - 09:03
he doesn&#39;t need proof es5 is safe, the people at es5 have told him and thats all he needs

fucking sheep
what a debate ...friendly and subjective my ass

othmanni
04-17-2004, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by 4th gen+17 April 2004 - 08:49--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (4th gen @ 17 April 2004 - 08:49)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-othmanni@17 April 2004 - 07:48
safe= anonymous

edit: What is your proof it is anonymous? [/b][/quote]
this siite is known for it bias and hating for es5 ..
i need subbjective proof

Samurai
04-17-2004, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by othmanni+17 April 2004 - 12:04--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (othmanni @ 17 April 2004 - 12:04)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by 4th gen@17 April 2004 - 08:49
<!--QuoteBegin-othmanni@17 April 2004 - 07:48
safe= anonymous

i need subbjective proof [/b][/quote]
also known for bad spelling :lol:

othmanni
04-17-2004, 01:37 PM
QUOTE (othmanni @ Apr 17 2004, 09:52 AM)
ok i went to filesharing talk and posted some u know posts about es5 and somebody said to me that es5 has a remote deletion feature of files ...what do u have to say about that ??
quick answer please and no flaming ..i asked him about the proof and he said he will bring it later ..?
so are u welling to debate

That was the exploit that Random Nut found (like I said in my first post on this thread) it was fixed on the same day it was publicized. Apparently it was there as part of an auto-update feature, so that you didn&#39;t need to uninstall ES5 to update to a newer version. Random Nut found a way to make it delete more than was intended.

If only Random Nut had spent his time on finding a way to make K-Lite stealthy, instead of writing malicious exploits, perhaps things could have been better all round?

Afronaut
04-17-2004, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by othmanni+17 April 2004 - 14:01--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (othmanni @ 17 April 2004 - 14:01)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-muchspl2@17 April 2004 - 09:03

fucking sheep
what a debate ...friendly and subjective my ass [/b][/quote]
@ othmanni, es5 addy is banned here, you seem to know that.
There is no such thing as Friendly and Subjective debate about es5 in this forum, I agree.
I have not found on any other forums either, not that i&#39;ve been lookin&#39; for it too hard,
im just not interested about that crap.
The reputation of es5 is really bad, that has a lot to do with the shit they posted here earlier,
how they acted on some key issues like attacking Rundom Nut, that was a very bad move.
There will be no es5 talking here.
They all burn down in flames.

:cool2:

Rat Faced
04-17-2004, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by othmanni+17 April 2004 - 13:04--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (othmanni @ 17 April 2004 - 13:04)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
safe= anonymous

i need subbjective proof [/b][/quote]
Strange how the Republicans (which I assume the bosses at RIAA and MPAA are) all call the Washington Post (which is where Slyck got the story..there is a link) a liberal newspaper... and this ES5 fanboy appears to think its a Republican one.

Go figure...

Can you all stop argueing with him about this program?

I know you all hate it, however if you argue about it then it just gives them the Marketing they are after... for that program "All Publicity is Good Publicity", as the name gets repeated and remembered.

othmanni
04-17-2004, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Rat Faced+17 April 2004 - 13:40--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Rat Faced @ 17 April 2004 - 13:40)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by othmanni@17 April 2004 - 13:04

safe= anonymous

i need subbjective proof
Strange how the Republicans (which I assume the bosses at RIAA and MPAA are) all call the Washington Post (which is where Slyck got the story..there is a link) a liberal newspaper... and this ES5 fanboy appears to think its a Republican one.

Go figure...

I know you all hate it, however if you argue about it then it just gives them the Marketing they are after... for that program "All Publicity is Good Publicity", as the name gets repeated and remembered. [/b][/quote]
sorry but i cant continue the debate here becuase soem of the moderator just dont seem to like to debate <_< and am welling to do what they wish ..keeping in mind that this isnot fare .....please close the thread

Samurai
04-17-2004, 01:56 PM
This thread should have been closed 2 pages ago from your poor spelling. But there you go.

bulio
04-17-2004, 01:58 PM
canada rules&#33;

Canada:P2Per&#39;s heaven&#33;

Image Resized
[img]http://epix.hazard.net/topics/animal/canada-f.gif' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'> ('http://epix.hazard.net/topics/animal/canada-f.gif')

btw, i&#39;m canadian :lol:

Samurai
04-17-2004, 02:02 PM
I like Canada. They make nice Maple Syrup :) Mmmm&#33;

Rat Faced
04-17-2004, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by othmanni+17 April 2004 - 13:52--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (othmanni &#064; 17 April 2004 - 13:52)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Rat Faced@17 April 2004 - 13:40

Originally posted by othmanni@17 April 2004 - 13:04

safe= anonymous

i need subbjective proof

Go figure...

I know you all hate it, however if you argue about it then it just gives them the Marketing they are after... for that program "All Publicity is Good Publicity", as the name gets repeated and remembered.
sorry but i cant continue the debate here becuase soem of the moderator just dont seem to like to debate <_< and am welling to do what they wish ..keeping in mind that this isnot fare .....please close the thread [/b][/quote]
It is not your thread to close.... you just Hijacked it.

Saying i dont like to debate, just shows you do not know the people here..

I often play Devils Advocate. :P

bulio
04-17-2004, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Samurai@17 April 2004 - 14:02
I like Canada. They make nice Maple Syrup :) Mmmm&#33;
yep, sugar shacks are good too :)

javelinmansst
04-21-2004, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by abu_has_the_power@17 April 2004 - 04:38
yea, ok htanks for noticing my bad typing. :D :lol:

now, after u format, use a strong magnet, and run it by the hdd, by by everything. nothing will be able to be recovered again. better yet, sell the hdd, and buy a new one&#33;&#33;

then, heres protection: (no condoms ;) )
1. always keep zonealarm on
2. import ips
3. get a router
4 forward the ports on ur firewall and router
5. klite ip blocker doesn&#39;t do shit

i&#39;ve been using htis, no probs

and bout the letter. call ur isp, and ask them how they found out that u were sharing. tell them that under us amendment # ..., ivasion of ur privacy is a felony and they should be fucked by a cow with mad cow disease ( :lol: :D ). heck, take it to court. ur main defense is invasion of privacy and hacking ur comp. then u can say that u weren&#39;t dling cuz ur friend was over, and he was fucking with ur comp, and he dled the thing.

:01: :01:
:P FIRST OF ALL, THANX TO EVERYONE FOR ALL THEIR IDEAS. ALTHOUGH SOME SOUND A BIT PARANOID. :D

in response to this quote , they mentioned the possibility of someoneelse messing with my puter and they said that if this was the case then i should have no problem giving them access to my hdd , and somehow prove to them that this was a one time mistake and it wont happen again. &#39;
I wish that i would have saved the email , I would post it on here for all to read..
thanx again. ;)

javelinmansst
04-21-2004, 11:16 PM
:rolleyes: AND TO THOSE ARGUING ABOUT ES5 OR WHATEVER--GET YOUR OWN DAMN THREAD&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; :lol:

Switeck
04-23-2004, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by javelinmansst@21 April 2004 - 18:06
in response to this quote , they mentioned the possibility of someoneelse messing with my puter and they said that if this was the case then i should have no problem giving them access to my hdd , and somehow prove to them that this was a one time mistake and it wont happen again. &#39;
They want to search your hard drive because it&#39;s the equivalent of a free search warrent. They can pester you on things BEYOND the scope of the original email to you that way.

Who is the &#39;they&#39; that you&#39;re having a problem with?
Your ISP?
Some international copyright protection group?
Interpol?
FBI?
CIA?
NSA? (No Such Agency...)

ninjamonkey
04-24-2004, 01:16 AM
wtf someone reported you? it wasnt an organization like the miaa?