PDA

View Full Version : Who's The Jerk

J'Pol
04-11-2004, 10:39 PM
It would appear that DWells55 states that FC is a jerk.

Now by my thinking, that means that either FC is indeed a jerk. Or DWells55 is a jerk.

It really has to be one or the other.

I won't ask for a poll on this, as I wouldn't get it anyway. However what do you chaps think.

I myself think that FC, one of the originals here. One of the chaps who has kept things going. Who introduced a lot of us to Soulseek, who set up the first KLF Room and who stands up for this forum elsewhere. Who is directly and indirectly responsible for me having literally thousands of albums, is a feckin good guy.

This unfortunately means, that DWells55 must in fact be the Jerk.

What do you chaps think.

DWells55
04-11-2004, 10:41 PM
I dunno, maybe he had a bad day or something. On the forums he seemed cool, but on SoulSeek all he did was gimme crap for 10 minutes. Seriously, stick to making fun of me, not my parents. Maybe my calling him a jerk was a bit harsh.

Proper Bo
04-11-2004, 10:42 PM
I have no idea who DWells55 is :huh:

EDIT: In retrospect, I know DWells55 is the person who has just posted before me ;)

RGX
04-11-2004, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by DWells55@11 April 2004 - 22:41
I dunno, maybe he had a bad day or something. On the forums he seemed cool, but on SoulSeek all he did was gimme crap for 10 minutes. Seriously, stick to making fun of me, not my parents. Maybe my calling him a jerk was a bit harsh.
I dont understand FC's fascination of tormenting new people, and I especially dont understand everyone elses fascination in laughing at it. Unless the tormented person enjoys the joke, I consider this bullying, something which shouldnt be so readily laughed at by mature adults.

J'Pol
04-11-2004, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by DWells55@11 April 2004 - 23:41
Nice post there.

The third possibility is that neither are jerks.

I offer that to the jury as an alternative verdict.

JONNO_CELEBS
04-11-2004, 10:46 PM
*Stops Laughing and puts very serios face on*

thats right RGX, I agree, Funky! You're a Jerk :P

Now, what about this MEAT??? :angry:

Jonno B)

DWells55
04-11-2004, 10:47 PM
Yay! Some one sides with the 14 year old! Thank you, RGX. It's one thing to call someone a well-deserved n00b, but another to give them crap for 10 minutes. So, say n00b if you please, then leave us the hell alone, okay, FC?

4th gen
04-11-2004, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by J&#39;Pol+11 April 2004 - 21:45--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (J&#39;Pol @ 11 April 2004 - 21:45)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-DWells55@11 April 2004 - 23:41
I dunno, maybe he had a bad day or something.&nbsp; On the forums he seemed cool, but on SoulSeek all he did was gimme crap for 10 minutes.&nbsp; Seriously, stick to making fun of me, not my parents.&nbsp; Maybe my calling him a jerk was a bit harsh.
Nice post there.

The third possibility is that neither are jerks.

I offer that to the jury as an alternative verdict. [/b][/quote]
I&#39;m gonna have to pick the third one...

I&#39;ve had no dealings with Dwells, so I can&#39;t really call him a jerk.

FC, on the other hand, is definitely not a jerk. He plays with the n00bies, but it&#39;s just a joke. I don&#39;t see it as bullying at all. I wonder if the n00bies feel it&#39;s bullying though...?

Cheese
04-11-2004, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by RGX+11 April 2004 - 21:44--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (RGX &#064; 11 April 2004 - 21:44)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-DWells55@11 April 2004 - 22:41
I dont understand FC&#39;s fascination of tormenting new people, and I especially dont understand everyone elses fascination in laughing at it. Unless the tormented person enjoys the joke, I consider this bullying, something which shouldnt be so readily laughed at by mature adults. [/b][/quote]
Fair point. It&#39;s not the first time a "n00b" has been offended straight away by somebody in Musicworld. And god forbid they ask a question about music in The Lounge... :ph34r:

edit:@4th Gen: I think you&#39;ve hit the nail on the head, today being a prime example with a "noob" asking a music question in the lounge and getting pounced on. Maybe it was in jest but is this how we welcome newcomers to the forum.

Fine if they act the idiot from the off but all this person did was post in the wrong area... :(

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
04-11-2004, 10:51 PM
:D No.You had every right to call me a Jerk.I was being one.And if anybody else shows up there with just Video Game Zelda Music and no CDs they have Ripped(at least 10) then I will do the same to them.

Go to the noob room.Come back and Play with the Big Boys when your Parents like you say can get a CD Player.Or when you learn what Pawn Shops and used Record Stores are.

Get out there and browse a few of these Places.Because I have a feeling they are not going to be there in 20 Years with the way your Generation is growing up with the Internet being the only way you have ever listened to Music.

Sorry.But you were in the wrong Room.And sorry.I am an old fart who still Buys Music.Why?Because I Love it thats why. :D

;) And do not give me that "I am only 14 " crap.Have heard it all before.I was basically Jokeing with this kid and all he did was tell me tio go to hell.

:P Today has been a fun day around here.And I mean that.Maybe I found out something about myself.Lord I hope so.Because I did not find too many Eggs at the hunt. :P

FC B)

*I Posted once on this Subject and that is it.You guys have fun and speak whatever is on your mind about me.*

DWells55
04-11-2004, 10:52 PM
I really don&#39;t consider myself a jerk, I even was nice to thereelions, when everyone gave him crap. I&#39;m pretty patient with absolute n00bs (except for my sped friends who get so much pr0n related viruses and spyware that they have to call me to fix their comps0) and willing to help with what I know, not give them crap for 10 minutes when they&#39;re trying to enjoy the Soulseek chat they just started using. I think I&#39;ve only got really pissed at n00bs once, and that was on Call of Duty, where there were 14 annoying n00bs who thought they were great and were pinging 350. Needless to say, I pwned them.

JONNO_CELEBS
04-11-2004, 10:53 PM
Hey I was a n00b and all you guys ganged up on me, and FC&#39;s the reason I don&#39;t go in musicworld, he told me if he saw me in there again he&#39;d get his brothers, cousins biggest mates sister to sit on my face :ph34r: She&#39;s a big a mama :ph34r: that was nearly a year ago, now I own your asses :devil:

Altho I&#39;m running out of room in the stables, these donkeys take up lots of room <_<

Jonno B)

RGX
04-11-2004, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@11 April 2004 - 22:51
:D No.You had every right to call me a Jerk.I was being one.And if anybody else shows up there with just Video Game Zelda Music and no CDs they have Ripped(at least 10) then I will do the same to them.

Go to the noob room.Come back and Play with the Big Boys when your Parents like you say can get a CD Player.Or when you learn what Pawn Shops and used Record Stores are.

Get out there and browse a few of these Places.Because I have a feeling they are not going to be there in 20 Years with the way your Generation is growing up with the Internet being the only way you have ever listened to Music.

Sorry.But you were in the wrong Room.And sorry.I am an old fart who still Buys Music.Why?Because I Love it thats why. :D

;) And do not give me that "I am only 14 " crap.Have heard it all before.I was basically Jokeing with this kid and all he did was tell me tio go to hell.

:P Today has been a fun day around here.And I mean that.Maybe I found out something about myself.Lord I hope so.Because I did not find too many Eggs at the hunt. :P

FC B)

*I Posted once on this Subject and that is it.You guys have fun and speak whatever is on your mind about me.*
To you, it is a joke. To some it is offensive and hardly fair treatment. If they understand the joke and laugh with you thats fine, but otherwise it is picking on and toying with people just because they are new. I wonder if even the mighty FC may have left when he was a noob if treated the same way.

J'Pol
04-11-2004, 10:58 PM
RGX

I think not, it&#39;s not in his character.

DWells55
04-11-2004, 11:00 PM
@FC: I don&#39;t feel I was in the wrong room. Not too many people were talking music in there anyways. I just like as being a good place to chat with people I know from FST. Video Games OSTs are what I like. I ripped my only one that wasn&#39;t lost or scratched up and I ripped it well, with a 320 CBR and using LAME. I tagged them, too. I download mostly OSTs because I can&#39;t hear them on the radio. Other music I&#39;m fine with listening to on the radio. I&#39;m not a big listener, I just enjoy occasionally cranking my 330 W surround sound systme in my room with the radio every now and then, and putting on an OST or too when I go to sleep. There&#39;s a difference between joking and beind rude and annoying. Besides, you spent a long time "joking", to n00bs (especially young n00bs) it can be annoying, possibly hurtful (go ahead, point and laugh). And yeah, I did tell you to go to hell, I wante dyou to leave me the hell alone and let me chat in peace.

4th gen
04-11-2004, 11:01 PM
I think everyone needs to just calm down a little here. Let&#39;s step back and think about this situation. We&#39;re talking about Soulseek, it&#39;s just a program where people come to share music/files and have a little chat. It shouldn&#39;t be taken so bloody seriously. A few of us had a rather heated discussion today (myself, TC, Lamsey, WeeMouse, Blitz, FKDUP...) and at the end of it all, although a few of us took up contrary positions, we didn&#39;t end up falling out or not talking. Everyone should just calm down and think about the ethos of the program.

Either that or we can just get right down to flaming :devil:

Nogimics
04-11-2004, 11:02 PM
Well personally I think 4th gen is the jerk :lol:

4th gen
04-11-2004, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by DWells55@11 April 2004 - 22:00
@FC: I don&#39;t feel I was in the wrong room. Not too many people were talking music in there anyways. I just like as being a good place to chat with people I know from FST. Video Games OSTs are what I like. I ripped my only one that wasn&#39;t lost or scratched up and I ripped it well, with a 320 CBR and using LAME. I tagged them, too. I download mostly OSTs because I can&#39;t hear them on the radio. Other music I&#39;m fine with listening to on the radio. I&#39;m not a big listener, I just enjoy occasionally cranking my 330 W surround sound systme in my room with the radio every now and then, and putting on an OST or too when I go to sleep.
The average number of music files of the people in the room is 10000+
It&#39;s essentially a music-based room. You don&#39;t come on sharing music and you&#39;re "fair game" for FC&#39;s policy.

However, read my last post and chill :)

DWells55
04-11-2004, 11:05 PM
LOL, 4th gen was in the room same time I was, he didn&#39;t give me any crap. And blitz was just plain cool to me. And then there&#39;s gutter who invited me there in the first place, cuz he saw I was a decent person who liked FST. BTW, I have 1.1 GBs, about 600 files shared. Sure there all OSTs, that&#39;s what I specialize in. It&#39;s my niche. Besides, even if I am "fair game", he could of been nicer.

Edit: I&#39;m calm. Hell, I didn&#39;t even start this thread. calling FC was a jerk was fine by me. I didn&#39;t need a whole freaking thread about it.

JONNO_CELEBS
04-11-2004, 11:07 PM
Oh we&#39;re being serious? :huh:

Oh ok, well I was warned if I used SS to have plenty of files and all neatly ordered otherwise I would get hassle, but to be honest that would&#39;nt stop me, people wanna give you hassle it&#39;s their prob, them musicworld people are a strange breed <_<

Anyhoo, I would&#39;nt think FC intentionally meant to upset anyone, I&#39;ve known him a fair while and he&#39;s always been a giggle and I&#39;ve never seen him be maliscous (I have no idea how to spell that) so I doubt it was really meant to upset you Dwells :)

Sheesh, you wanna come in the lounge for a couple of weeks, you think FC&#39;s bad? :lol: :lol:

Jonno B)

RGX
04-11-2004, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by 4th gen@11 April 2004 - 23:01
I think everyone needs to just calm down a little here. Let&#39;s step back and think about this situation. We&#39;re talking about Soulseek, it&#39;s just a program where people come to share music/files and have a little chat. It shouldn&#39;t be taken so bloody seriously. A few of us had a rather heated discussion today (myself, TC, Lamsey, WeeMouse, Blitz, FKDUP...) and at the end of it all, although a few of us took up contrary positions, we didn&#39;t end up falling out or not talking. Everyone should just calm down and think about the ethos of the program.

Either that or we can just get right down to flaming :devil:
How is a noob supposed to know that?

4th gen
04-11-2004, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by DWells55@11 April 2004 - 22:05
LOL, 4th gen was in the room same time I was, he didn&#39;t give me any crap. And blitz was just plain cool to me. And then there&#39;s gutter who invited me there in the first place, cuz he saw I was a decent person who liked FST. BTW, I have 1.1 GBs, about 600 files shared. Sure there all OSTs, that&#39;s what I specialize in. It&#39;s my niche. Besides, even if I am "fair game", he could of been nicer.

Edit: I&#39;m calm. Hell, I didn&#39;t even start this thread. calling FC was a jerk was fine by me. I didn&#39;t need a whole freaking thread about it.
I was in the room, but I most likely wasn&#39;t actually at the computer :)

I share about 320GB of files, ~25000 of those files are mp3s

4th gen
04-11-2004, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by RGX@11 April 2004 - 22:07
How is a noob supposed to know that?
I never said they were supposed to know that. Also, Dwells was invited to the room, so the person who invited him could have thought about saying something...

DWells55
04-11-2004, 11:10 PM
320 GBs? What do you have, two 250 GB HDs set up with RAID? I sure as hell don&#39;t have that kind of money to be able to afford that kind of storage.

J'Pol
04-11-2004, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by DWells55@12 April 2004 - 00:00
@FC: I don&#39;t feel I was in the wrong room. Not too many people were talking music in there anyways. I just like as being a good place to chat with people I know from FST. Video Games OSTs are what I like. I ripped my only one that wasn&#39;t lost or scratched up and I ripped it well, with a 320 CBR and using LAME. I tagged them, too. I download mostly OSTs because I can&#39;t hear them on the radio. Other music I&#39;m fine with listening to on the radio. I&#39;m not a big listener, I just enjoy occasionally cranking my 330 W surround sound systme in my room with the radio every now and then, and putting on an OST or too when I go to sleep. There&#39;s a difference between joking and beind rude and annoying. Besides, you spent a long time "joking", to n00bs (especially young n00bs) it can be annoying, possibly hurtful (go ahead, point and laugh). And yeah, I did tell you to go to hell, I wante dyou to leave me the hell alone and let me chat in peace.
If you are talking about our room on Soulseek and not here then ....

I&#39;m afraid it really is a case of, if you don&#39;t like it no-one is stopping you using the door, please close it behind you and thanks for visiting.

Like minded people set it up to share safely with people they knew. That&#39;s the way we like it. People fit in or feck off. It is not a problem for us. It was FC&#39;s idea and he set it up for us.

If it&#39;s about something that happened here, then the mods make the rules and enforce them. They will tell FC if he is out of order, not you.

DWells55
04-11-2004, 11:12 PM
I do like it, people like blitz and gutter and summerlinda, and all the other people were nice to me. FC is the only who gave me any problems. I&#39;ll keep going there and chatting when I&#39;m lonely/bored/up or downloading.

4th gen
04-11-2004, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by DWells55@11 April 2004 - 22:10
320 GBs? What do you have, two 250 GB HDs set up with RAID? I sure as hell don&#39;t have that kind of money to be able to afford that kind of storage.
One 80, one 120 and one 250. No raid, and I&#39;m planning on buying a 250 soon ;)

Oh, I just read my post again and it looks like I&#39;m just doing the "my cybercock is bigger than yours thing". It wasn&#39;t intended that way, just that the people in the room generally have a lot of mp3s

Cheese
04-11-2004, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by DWells55@11 April 2004 - 22:12
I do like it, people like blitz and gutter and summerlinda, and all the other people were nice to me. FC is the only who gave me any problems. I&#39;ll keep going there and chatting when I&#39;m lonely/bored/up or downloading.
If you have a problem with anyone in a room there is an ignore option I believe, i use it for when Spider_dude tries to cyber with me. :ph34r:

DWells55
04-11-2004, 11:17 PM
LOL at the cybercock thing. And as I use SoulSeek more, my mp3 collection will grow. I&#39;ve only had it for a few days.

JONNO_CELEBS
04-11-2004, 11:18 PM
See, I typed all that out and you all ignored me, so you&#39;re all Jerks :P :lol:

Jonno B)

4th gen
04-11-2004, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by Nogimics@11 April 2004 - 22:02
Well personally I think 4th gen is the jerk :lol:
Fcuk you&#33;

J'Pol
04-11-2004, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by 4th gen+12 April 2004 - 00:21--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (4th gen @ 12 April 2004 - 00:21)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Nogimics@11 April 2004 - 22:02
Well personally I think 4th gen is the jerk&nbsp; :lol:
Fcuk you&#33; [/b][/quote]
On holiday last year Mrs J&#39;Pol bought a fake FCUK Baseball cap.

It was mis-spelt and she wore it with pride.

DWells55
04-11-2004, 11:26 PM
I wonder if we could get a poll here :)

JONNO_CELEBS
04-11-2004, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS@11 April 2004 - 23:18
See, I typed all that out and you all ignored me, so you&#39;re all Jerks :P :lol:

Jonno B)
*COUGH*

*Stamps feet*

Pay Attention to me you jerks&#33; :angry:

Jonno B)

DWells55
04-11-2004, 11:40 PM
LOL, I read your post, I was just too jealous of that rediculous amount of storage to reply ;)

4th gen
04-11-2004, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by DWells55@11 April 2004 - 22:40
LOL, I read your post, I was just too jealous of that rediculous amount of storage to reply ;)
:lol:

You should hear about Jetje&#39;s setup :o

j2k4
04-11-2004, 11:45 PM
I feel I must take issue with FC&#39;s statement that he is an "old fart".

He&#39;s chronologically a pup; J&#39;Pol is 73, I believe, and I myself am in my late 80s.

Clocker is one year younger than God; BigBoab is 3 years older.

Even Hobbes has a decade or so on FC; I suspect he likes to claim aged status because he has a couple of Sinatra albums in his collection.

The "fart" part is true, however. ;)

Afronaut
04-11-2004, 11:48 PM
A poll? I dont think so. Soon everyone and their sister would want a "Whos-teh-Jerk" polls.
And that would split up some guts.

My personal view on this:

I got the "treatment" also when i first came to KLF room,
but i also got PM from FC to join up.

I was confused a bit in the beginning but i also
found out soon enuff it was a joke-on-me.

Lotsa ppl been called n00b and survived, its really no big thing.
Hell, im still a noob in so many levels when it comes to PC&#39;s etc.
but atleast FC got us a "standard" how to share music.

If one dont like it, fine, there is sooo many other ways to download stuff
from the net.

I didnt see the convo in the room, i dont know how "harsh" it was.
I doubt it tho it would be enuff to label FC a jerk. (Well.... ;))

What im saying is, ppl should not take things too personally/seriously on the net.
This board or them SS rooms can be lotsa fun if not taken every word literally/personally. Also the mount of Help i&#39;ve gotten from the ppl in SS
is remarkable. If one survives the casual jokes, its a nice community.

If one gets to know FC a bit better, they&#39;ll see he&#39;s an OK chap, like the rest of us.
The beginnig can be somewhat deceiving, but fear not, there is no real hate
about noobs.

:)

JONNO_CELEBS
04-11-2004, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by DWells55@11 April 2004 - 23:40
Thats a crap reply, I demmand as a valued member a decent reply&#33; <_<

And a chocolate egg :)

Jonno B)

Lamsey
04-12-2004, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS+11 April 2004 - 22:31--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JONNO_CELEBS @ 11 April 2004 - 22:31)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-JONNO_CELEBS@11 April 2004 - 23:18

Jonno B)
*COUGH*

*Stamps feet*

Pay Attention to me you jerks&#33; :angry:

Jonno B) [/b][/quote]
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/forumfun/negative10.jpg

You have to admit, you asked for that :P

JONNO_CELEBS
04-12-2004, 12:21 AM
I bet I can hold that pose longer than her, I have a stabilizer leg :lol: :lol:

Anyway, I never disputed that :P

Jonno B)

h1
04-12-2004, 04:30 AM
Originally posted by j2k4@11 April 2004 - 18:45
He&#39;s chronologically a pup; J&#39;Pol is 73, I believe, and I myself am in my late 80s.

Even Hobbes has a decade or so on FC; I suspect he likes to claim aged status because he has a couple of Sinatra albums in his collection.
:blink: Damn&#33;

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
04-12-2004, 04:54 AM
Originally posted by j2k4@11 April 2004 - 18:45
I feel I must take issue with FC&#39;s statement that he is an "old fart".

The "fart" part is true, however. ;)
;) I was claiming age status over dwell.Who is 14 and why I used the word kid talking about them not going to record Stores anymores.

But if you want to call me a fart j2k4 that is fine.

It seems like alot of you are bringing out how you feel about me and I guess that is only fair.

I said I was not going to Post anymore in this Thread.But I had to Post on this.I can see why some have left now.And it has been awhile since I took a leave of absence for shit like this.

To the Girl this Morning that I lashed out at I am sorry.Was just tired of everybody Posting in here and then when I try to tell them where to Post it they either yell back at me or the Thread is never moved.So I just bluntly spoke how I felt.

MusicWorld can do what they want with the Rooms over on SoulSeek.Just makes no since to have a Sticky with Rules and then not try to encourage them.And I never liked being called the one that started it all.RPerry and a couple others were there along with me.

One Place I found on the net that always seemed to take my shit was here.Why I am not a member too long any other Place.Just do not get along with alot of folk.

*Ohhh yeah.To all that think I am drunk while Posting this.Since FC is never sober.Fuck off.I am just being myself.An asshole...fart....jerk...whatever you want to call it.*

FC B)

j2k4
04-12-2004, 05:13 AM
No offense, FC.

I am aware you are a bit more than twice the age of our young pilgrim, but as to the fart thing, well, how the hell would I know?

I wasn&#39;t trying to get heavy with you, and I don&#39;t think anyone else was, either.

I&#39;m not drunk, but all of a sudden I wish I had a bottle of E.T., so I could join you.

Be cool, FuNkY-you&#39;re still the man. ;)

Lamsey
04-12-2004, 10:44 AM
Chill, FC - j2k4 wasn&#39;t serious ffs, apart from the bit about ages :P

DWells55
04-12-2004, 12:20 PM
Wow, I call someone a jerk and it turns into a<s> 3 </s>4 page thread...

Edit: 4 pages with this post...

j2k4
04-12-2004, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by Lamsey@12 April 2004 - 04:44
Chill, FC - j2k4 wasn&#39;t serious ffs, apart from the bit about ages :P
Geez, yeah-

I&#39;m bloody old&#33; :blink:

hobbes
04-12-2004, 10:16 PM
J2,

You simply don&#39;t understand Kentucky.

Unlike the standard pregnancy of 9 months, in Kentucky, the fetuses, like the whiskey, are aged to perfection in the womb for 24 years before they are brought into this world.

FC was probably born with facial hair and contained an alcohol content of 43%. He was conceived long before we were even a twinkle in our fathers&#39; eye.

He is an old fart.

j2k4
04-13-2004, 04:18 AM
Originally posted by hobbes@12 April 2004 - 16:16
J2,

You simply don&#39;t understand Kentucky.

Unlike the standard pregnancy of 9 months, in Kentucky, the fetuses, like the whiskey, are aged to perfection in the womb for 24 years before they are brought into this world.

FC was probably born with facial hair and contained an alcohol content of 43%. He was conceived long before we were even a twinkle in our fathers&#39; eye.

He is an old fart.
Hmmm.

That would make him 52 years-old @ 86 proof. ;)

Not too bad, then. :)

scribblec
04-13-2004, 04:43 AM
jerk jerk jerk jerk ....jerk it off :ph34r: