PDA

View Full Version : Serial Numbers

zolaisugly
03-12-2003, 04:25 PM
i have just read some post and replys in the games world and a couple of people were told not to ask for serial numbers....i know i will be called a noob or read the :rtfm: or :rtfaq: but in a nut shell why is it not allowed?

Lamsey
03-12-2003, 04:29 PM
That would be because it's illegal to the point where it could affect the board... remember there was a problem with just the verified hashes?
What you could do is PM the person who posts a verified and ask them for the serial.

zolaisugly
03-12-2003, 04:33 PM
i had a feeling it was to do with that but then we are downloading the game......which i know it is not held by k-lite but it's user's...

as a newbie i did not know there was any prob's with getting the verified section up and running

Yanks0826
03-12-2003, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by Lamsey@12 March 2003 - 17:29
That would be because it's illegal to the point where it could affect the board... remember there was a problem with just the verified hashes?
What you could do is PM the person who posts a verified and ask them for the serial.
I understand what you're saying but isn't it illegal to download the games? Why would downloading or requesting a serial number be more illegal?

jetje
03-12-2003, 06:38 PM
This board doesn't provide the downloads... that's the difference. So if we don't provide the downloads because it's illegal we can't provide serials. We only talk about what you can download, how you can do it and even where you can do it. We make it easy... that's why PM is another good idea, :rolleyes:

PcH
03-12-2003, 08:12 PM
It's illegal in this forum to post serials because the effected software companies can sue.

scribblec
03-12-2003, 08:15 PM
hmmm can poeple send me serials for counter strike and unreal tournament

for test purposes ofcourse <_<

Shinigami_[R.I.P.]
03-12-2003, 11:55 PM
http://www.gamecopyworld.com

Again, for test purposes only. :rolleyes:

jetje
03-13-2003, 12:04 AM
BTW Dude and Shini did you ever seen the difference between the EDIT button and the ADD button?????

always wondering why not just edit your previous post in topics like this... <_<

The Great Dude
03-13-2003, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by jetje@12 March 2003 - 16:04
BTW Dude and Shini did you ever seen the difference between the EDIT button and the ADD button?????

always wondering why not just edit your previous post in topics like this... <_<
I do sometimes, like the one time in the verifieds when Soul try to sent my post to the lounge, but I only edited for replying. :P

ok, jetje. Have to agree, you from the underworld after all. ;)

I also, I CANT LOOK at zolaisugly sig ANYMORE&#33;, its so freaky of an old lady :blink: :blink:

Shinigami_[R.I.P.]
03-13-2003, 12:11 AM
ummmm sorry. ;) We won&#39;t do it again... or at least we&#39;ll try not to. :D

RPerry
03-13-2003, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by jetje@12 March 2003 - 19:04

because then they couldn&#39;t be "Post Whores" Jetje ;)

jetje
03-13-2003, 12:29 AM
yeah probably right RP... :D

The Great Dude
03-13-2003, 12:31 AM
Hey, that&#39;s an unfair judgement. :P One of these days, I would like to see a mod become a post whore. :w00t: Jetje, I think you can make it. :lol:

scribblec
03-13-2003, 04:26 PM
gcw havent got working ones
again for testing purposes

ShareDaddy
03-13-2003, 08:27 PM
I recieved a word file back a year or 2 ago from a pal on the internet who had simply added ever serial number he had ever came across or could ever want. What I am suggesting is that we develop a similar doc and share it amongst ourselves. Maybe we have a host who could keep it updated whenever someone supplies another serial. Just an idea and if requested I will edit this post to preclude any negative impact upon our board. Let me know what each of you think of an idea like this, even if we do not have a single host, we could track the changes using revisions and simply share them via a SoulSeek chat room or other group share fest. I think this could work wonders for all concerned.

BROCKSTER
03-13-2003, 08:30 PM
that sounds like a very usefull method of doing it

scribblec
03-13-2003, 08:35 PM
nah that wouldnt work cos most serials dont work
and the ones that do r in use

Icey
03-13-2003, 09:03 PM
there is already a program put conaing hundreds of thoudands of serial numbers.. check this out (http://www.serialz.to/)

jetje
03-13-2003, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by solidsnake@13 March 2003 - 22:35
think Icey gave the solution...

Well solid you need them to play online... so they need to be uniwque and never used (maybe you must visit a shop, to lend a serial there or buy the game... ;)
Otherwise the options mentioned work... B)

ShareDaddy
03-13-2003, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by solidsnake@13 March 2003 - 15:35
That is not an accurate statement. Astalavista would not be a useful site if that were even close to the mark.

ShareDaddy
03-13-2003, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by Icey@13 March 2003 - 16:03
there is already a program put conaing hundreds of thoudands of serial numbers.. check this out (http://www.serialz.to/)
Yeah, that is cool and everything, but we here have our own little world and need our own little plan. Most people know of places like this already, I was saying something that was strictly focused on what we need and use around here. I certainly have access to things that are not currently on any of those sites. Are you following my drift now? But all of this good, it may help determine what and if kind of thing.