PDA

View Full Version : Famous Symphony

supersonic
04-12-2004, 02:59 AM
any one here knows the name of the symphony or orchesta ( i dunno the difference) that was played in Toronto's sars concert by The flamming lips?
the music is famous and very popular, it is also shown as a war theme. It is either German, Russian or something similar. Plz help, I need it badly :(

bujub22
04-12-2004, 03:01 AM
music world could help u ;)

supersonic
04-12-2004, 03:03 AM
Oh I guess that is true, Mods plz can u move this to music world? :)

MagicNakor
04-12-2004, 04:09 AM
Are you looking for the name of the symphony orchestra, or the name of the song? I'm not familiar at all with The Flaming Lips.

I'd imagine the Toronto Symphony Orchestra played at Sars-stock. Didn't go though, so that's just a guess.

As for "war" songs that are usually done by a symphony orchestra...well...there are quite a few. I'll list off some of the more likely ones for you though.

1812 Overture - Tchaikovsky
Marche Slave - Tchaikovsky
War Requiem - Britten
Missa Solemnis - Beethoven
Wellington's Victory - Beethoven
Symphony #7 (The Leningrad Symphony) - Shostakovich

Then there's the multitude of hymns designed to rally troops, which span everything from The Marine Corps Hymn to The Brave Don Cossaks and so on.

:ninja:

lee551
04-12-2004, 04:55 AM
yeah. are you looking for the name of the song the symphony played? or for the name of the symphony? :smilie4:

supersonic
04-12-2004, 12:54 PM
I'm looking for any, becayse if I know the name of the SONG, I can just get it or the name of the symphony, I will search for the song. The flaming lips never played this song before. I will try the ones on the list you gave me. thnx