PDA

View Full Version : Ive Stuffed It Up ! Help

Dray_04
04-12-2004, 07:56 AM
hey guys i really need help on this one.

well i downloaded windows xp pro off suprnova,

and i tried reinstalling XP. Unfortunately when it was installing it wouldnt move past the 34minute until reinstallation was complete... it just sat there...

so i restarted my computer (by pressing the restart button)

and it took me back to the same place (installing windows) and sat on 34min....

so i turned off my PC and tried rebooting off a recovery disk which didnt work....

now when i turn on my pc it loads for a bit, then the screen just goes black...

i am able to go to BIOS... but windows doesnt load at all

PLEASE HELP ME>>>

i have an exchange student friend who is leaving the country in 2 days and i have sum important stuff to burn for him b4 he leaves)

Chewie
04-12-2004, 08:04 AM
Set your CPU to stock speed and start the XP install again.

Dray_04
04-12-2004, 08:09 AM
it is on stock speed...

i put it down to stock speed 2 days ago cause the temps were getting high (cause i was LAN ning during the easter weekend

Dray_04
04-12-2004, 08:30 AM
also when i downloaded Xp pro.

i extracted it to my HDD.... then started the reinstallation... at first just to see if it would work or not...

it proceeded so i let it continue...

now its not working at all....

i just booted up and the winxp pro loading intro thing came up...

then it sed

setup is being restarted.....

then it loads for a second then proceeds to a black screen.... and i can move the mouse cursor...but thats it,...

nothing

Chewie
04-12-2004, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by dray_02@12 April 2004 - 08:09
it is on stock speed...

i put it down to stock speed 2 days ago cause the temps were getting high (cause i was LAN ning during the easter weekend
Oh, sorry - I read your sig to get your specs.

Really, the only thing you can do is start the install process again and hope that it goes all the way through.
What part of the installation did it get stuck on... copying files, setting up hardware, etc.?
If you're in a hurry to get stuff burned off, pull the HDD, install it in another puter and burn the files from there.

Dray_04
04-12-2004, 08:42 AM
it doesnt even load anymore

it just sits there ....black screen

what can i do?????

muchspl2
04-12-2004, 08:49 AM
you have your bios set to load off cd on boot, right

Dray_04
04-12-2004, 08:59 AM
nah i didnt install it with a cd

also when i downloaded Xp pro.

i extracted it to my HDD.... then started the reinstallation... at first just to see if it would work or not...

muchspl2
04-12-2004, 09:12 AM
looks like you fuck up pretty bad
now you will have to load off a disc, maybe borrow it from someone http://members.cox.net/dodger1954/dunno.gif

SingaBoiy
04-12-2004, 10:21 AM
Yea you need it on disc to do the installation.

Chewie
04-12-2004, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by SingaBoiy@12 April 2004 - 10:21
Yea you need it on disc to do the installation.
No you don't, you can run the install from the i386 folder on a hard drive.

Dray_04
04-12-2004, 12:13 PM
ive burnt the iso onto cd

now im going to attempt to reinstall

ill keepp ya updated

Dray_04
04-12-2004, 12:30 PM
im trying to delete everything on the harddrive but
i get an error when trying to delete an image

it sez make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use

how do i overcome this?

Expire
04-12-2004, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by dray_02@12 April 2004 - 12:30

it sez make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use

how do i overcome this?
looks like ur going to get problem after problem, if u need the p.c to b working and quick use the best trick a mates comp, better that jumpin a herdal to see another.

tesco
04-12-2004, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by dray_02@12 April 2004 - 07:30

how do i overcome this?
ok you burnt the cd right? the one for windows xp pro? now just put the hard drive back into ur own computer, and boot using the cd, then during installation you can choose to delete your partition, then you create it again and format and it will proceed with installing.

Dray_04
04-12-2004, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004+13 April 2004 - 04:24--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ROSSCO_2004 @ 13 April 2004 - 04:24)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-dray_02@12 April 2004 - 07:30

how do i overcome this?
ok you burnt the cd right? the one for windows xp pro? now just put the hard drive back into ur own computer, and boot using the cd, then during installation you can choose to delete your partition, then you create it again and format and it will proceed with installing. [/b][/quote]
see thats the problem

it doesnt boot off the cd

well it does but i get an error message

NTLDR is missing
press CTRL-ALT_DELETE to restart

damnit

i just want to format my HDD on my mates comp then reinstall WINXP

damnit i keep getting one prob after the other.....**pulls hair out**

tesco
04-13-2004, 02:28 AM
Originally posted by dray_02+12 April 2004 - 18:03--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dray_02 @ 12 April 2004 - 18:03)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004@13 April 2004 - 04:24
<!--QuoteBegin-dray_02@12 April 2004 - 07:30

how do i overcome this?
ok you burnt the cd right? the one for windows xp pro? now just put the hard drive back into ur own computer, and boot using the cd, then during installation you can choose to delete your partition, then you create it again and format and it will proceed with installing.
see thats the problem

it doesnt boot off the cd

well it does but i get an error message

NTLDR is missing
press CTRL-ALT_DELETE to restart

damnit

i just want to format my HDD on my mates comp then reinstall WINXP

damnit i keep getting one prob after the other.....**pulls hair out** [/b][/quote]
put ur hard drive into your friends computer, and format it in ntfs or fat32, then put back in your computer and start install again...

wait a second, i just realized it wouldnt show you that for the cd, it shows that when u boot the drive with no OS. go into your bios and make sure its set to boot from your cd-rom drive.

Dray_04
04-13-2004, 06:22 AM
thats the problem... i DO boot off the CD

heres my problem

I installed the harddrive right.... in my mates computer....

> i formatted the harddrive using -control panel - adminstration tools - computer management

> i also formatted using partition magic 8

> so now i have a formatted HDD

> i then take my mates HDD outta his comp, set up BIOS to boot from CD ROM

> i insert the WinXP Pro CD and restart

> it doesnt setup at all.... no install process ...NOTHING.... its comes up with an error..

> The error is NTLDR is missing

press CTRL - ALT - DELETE to restart

> So now i try to install Windows 98... but i get the same error...

.> I made a recovery disk using my mates computer and Partition magic

> that didnt work

SO DOES ANY1 HAVE ANY IDEAS AT ALL??&#33;&#33; I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING

i am POSITIVE that it my HDD that is the problem... the cords are all plugged in right... BIOS is setup right ...everything...

> i have 56,000MB of free space (NTFS), a recovery partition 1,900 MB (FAT) and 2 unallocated space on the HDD... (3,145MB and 7.8Mb)

> i tried to adjust my free space to merge the 3,145MB into the NTFS.. but it came up with an error

wienerschnitzel
04-13-2004, 06:44 AM
i found this site

http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000465.htm

i think your problem might be the last thing explained on that page. try changing the ide cable. (try swich it with the cd one or get it from another computer)

muchspl2
04-13-2004, 06:45 AM
^^ or this http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...B;en-us;318728& (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;318728&)

delphin460
04-13-2004, 06:55 AM
ok just to check you are doing things correctly

when you start you computer and it comes to the point where it says press any key to boot from cdrom, you do that right

then does it give you that error

the reason i say this is cause the cdrom boot doesnt use the NTLDR on startup

that error comes up when you are still booting from the hd and the main start file is currupt or missing

ck-uk
04-13-2004, 07:10 AM
Try this m8 if you can get a copy of win2k.Format the hdd with 2k,try again installin xp.

Dray_04
04-13-2004, 07:35 AM
appreciate the help guys

@ wienerschnitzel - u sure that will work? iv got XP

p.s u guys i have a recovery disk that came with my computer.... (p.s the computer has had a massive upgrade since i got it.... everything is upgraded except the monitor and HDD Lol

im currently onto something

i am able to use fdisk (win98 dos thing)

ill keep ya posted...

p.s stay with me on this one guys :)

Dray_04
04-13-2004, 10:01 AM
damnit nothing is working for me&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

delphin460
04-13-2004, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by delphin460@13 April 2004 - 06:55

when you start you computer and it comes to the point where it says press any key to boot from cdrom, you do that right

that error comes up when you are still booting from the hd and the main start file is currupt or missing
answer my question above plz

Dray_04
04-13-2004, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by ck&#045;uk@13 April 2004 - 19:10
Try this m8 if you can get a copy of win2k.Format the hdd with 2k,try again installin xp.
i have

> a recovery disk

>win 98 cd

>win XP pro cd

that NTLDR error is gone...

but in place of it is the words

Missing operating system_

Dray_04
04-13-2004, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by delphin460+13 April 2004 - 22:02--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (delphin460 @ 13 April 2004 - 22:02)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-delphin460@13 April 2004 - 06:55

answer my question above plz [/b][/quote]
sorry,

yeah it doesnt even give me a chance to press a button to boot from CD

it sez

BOOT FROM CD:

then very quickly afterwards it sez missing operating system

muchspl2
04-13-2004, 02:54 PM
your not doing something right, sorry
have you formated before ?
`

delphin460
04-13-2004, 03:49 PM
ok, it doesnt give you a chance, because the cd you are trying to boot for is currupt
in that its not bootable

and so its is just going straight into booting from the h/d instead

you need to get a working windows bootable cd

it should give you about 15 seconds to press the keyboard, to get it to boot b4 it goes back to the next boot drive

This is your problem, until you get this fixed you wont be able to install any operating system mate

Chewie
04-13-2004, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by delphin460@13 April 2004 - 15:49
This is your problem, until you get this fixed you wont be able to install any operating system mate
Not so.

Dray: If you haven&#39;t got a bootable floppy, head over to Bootdisk.Com (http://www.bootdisk.com) and get one - you can use a Win98 one.
Boot from the floppy, enabling CDROM support.
Now use DOS to run the setup... the only DOS commands you&#39;ll need to use are CD & DIR.
Once booted you should see A:> on the screen, so you need to find your CDROM drive letter...
- type D: and hit return, the prompt changes to D:>.
- type DIR /P the hit return and you&#39;ll get a directory list of the D: drive - if it&#39;s the CDROM drive you&#39;ll see it spin as it&#39;s accessed. The /P switch, incidentally, stops a list scrolling past the screen before you can read it :)
- if that&#39;s not the CDROM drive, type E:, hit return and then DIR /P then return. If that&#39;s not it, keep going up the letters until you find it&#33;
Once you&#39;re on the CD drive, you&#39;ll need to find the i386 directory, which is usually inside another directory often called WINDOWS. The DIR command shows you the directory names so go into each in turn and use DIR until you see the i386 directory...
For the sake of example let&#39;s say your CD drive is E: and there are directories on it called WINDOWS, WINXP, PROGRAMS & UPDATES, although obviously your CD could contain anything or even just i386.
- from the E:> prompt, type CD WINDOWS hit return, then DIR /P then return and read the list you get. If you see i386 then you can CD into that, otherwise CD into other directories in your search. When you want to go back up out of a directory, for instance if the WINDOWS directory holds nothing useful, type CD .. and hit return, which will take you back up a level, until you get back to the root directory of the CD.
You can see exactly where you are on a drive from the prompt. Let&#39;s say that you CD into WINXP on my imaginary disc and find the i386 directory there, type CD I386, hit return and you&#39;ll see the prompt has changed to E:&#092;WINXP&#092;I386>.
- once in the i386 directory you could just type SETUP /? to get the setup to show you it&#39;s command line options. I don&#39;t know about XP, but all other Windows setups have option switches that control things like whether to perform a scandisk, show billboards, make a boot floppy or other stuff during the install. You use the switches after the filename by typing something like SETUP /I /G /A or whatever you choose from the available switch options.
OK, once the setup is running you&#39;re where you&#39;d be if you had a bootable CD.

please note that I am typing this from memory and haven&#39;t used this method with WindowsXP myself, so if you find you haven&#39;t got a file called SETUP but do have one called INSTALL then usae your initiative.

tesco
04-13-2004, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by Chewie UK+13 April 2004 - 16:13--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Chewie UK @ 13 April 2004 - 16:13)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-delphin460@13 April 2004 - 15:49
Not so.

Dray: If you haven&#39;t got a bootable floppy, head over to Bootdisk.Com (http://www.bootdisk.com) and get one - you can use a Win98 one.
Boot from the floppy, enabling CDROM support.
Now use DOS to run the setup... the only DOS commands you&#39;ll need to use are CD & DIR.
Once booted you should see A:> on the screen, so you need to find your CDROM drive letter...
- type D: and hit return, the prompt changes to D:>.
- type DIR /P the hit return and you&#39;ll get a directory list of the D: drive - if it&#39;s the CDROM drive you&#39;ll see it spin as it&#39;s accessed. The /P switch, incidentally, stops a list scrolling past the screen before you can read it :)
- if that&#39;s not the CDROM drive, type E:, hit return and then DIR /P then return. If that&#39;s not it, keep going up the letters until you find it&#33;
Once you&#39;re on the CD drive, you&#39;ll need to find the i386 directory, which is usually inside another directory often called WINDOWS. The DIR command shows you the directory names so go into each in turn and use DIR until you see the i386 directory...
For the sake of example let&#39;s say your CD drive is E: and there are directories on it called WINDOWS, WINXP, PROGRAMS & UPDATES, although obviously your CD could contain anything or even just i386.
- from the E:> prompt, type CD WINDOWS hit return, then DIR /P then return and read the list you get. If you see i386 then you can CD into that, otherwise CD into other directories in your search. When you want to go back up out of a directory, for instance if the WINDOWS directory holds nothing useful, type CD .. and hit return, which will take you back up a level, until you get back to the root directory of the CD.
You can see exactly where you are on a drive from the prompt. Let&#39;s say that you CD into WINXP on my imaginary disc and find the i386 directory there, type CD I386, hit return and you&#39;ll see the prompt has changed to E:&#092;WINXP&#092;I386>.
- once in the i386 directory you could just type SETUP /? to get the setup to show you it&#39;s command line options. I don&#39;t know about XP, but all other Windows setups have option switches that control things like whether to perform a scandisk, show billboards, make a boot floppy or other stuff during the install. You use the switches after the filename by typing something like SETUP /I /G /A or whatever you choose from the available switch options.
OK, once the setup is running you&#39;re where you&#39;d be if you had a bootable CD.

please note that I am typing this from memory and haven&#39;t used this method with WindowsXP myself, so if you find you haven&#39;t got a file called SETUP but do have one called INSTALL then usae your initiative. [/b][/quote]
ahh thats the long way lol.

either find out why it aint bootin from the cd (because that is the problem, whether its bios not set properly or the cd is corrupt or not bootable) and do it that way, or:

start with ur bootdisk. at command prompt type E:&#092;i386&#092; then type winnt and press enter, setup will then start... (if your cd drive isnt E change it to D or F or whatever it is)

but this way is really slow, the faster way is if the cd will boot, so try to find a bootable cd or get ur motherboard setup properly to boot from the cd.

oh and to install windows 98 from dos u have to format the drive to fat32, then to run setup type in E:&#092;setup (or whatever else ur drive letter may be)

J'Pol
04-13-2004, 09:44 PM
Boot from a dos / win 98 floppy.

FDISK to remove any data, partitions etc.

Set up new partitions and format them.

You now have a clean HDD.

Boot from dos again and install win 98 (xp will not start from a dos prompt) I prefer to do that from a second partion, but that is personal preference

When 98 is installed you will have all of the facilities to make proper boot CD etc for XP if you have to. You will also have the ability to remove XP if it does not work out.

Install XP as an upgrade.

This will take a while (say 4 hours for the job) but it should work.

This assumes you have not downloaded a shit version of XP.

Chewie
04-13-2004, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004@13 April 2004 - 21:32

either find out why it aint bootin from the cd (because that is the problem, whether its bios not set properly or the cd is corrupt or not bootable) and do it that way, or:

start with ur bootdisk. at command prompt type E:&#092;i386&#092; then type winnt and press enter, setup will then start... (if your cd drive isnt E change it to D or F or whatever it is)

but this way is really slow, the faster way is if the cd will boot, so try to find a bootable cd or get ur motherboard setup properly to boot from the cd.

oh and to install windows 98 from dos u have to format the drive to fat32, then to run setup type in E:&#092;setup (or whatever else ur drive letter may be)
Yes, it&#39;s the long way. :D

I described it that way because it means he doesn&#39;t have to keep looking around trying to sort out the non-booting CD problem.
Also, the CDROM drive letter depends on what/how many drives he has and which floppy he&#39;s booting from.
Also, if the CD he has isn&#39;t bootable, it may be some sort of compilation with loadsa stuff in lotsa directories.

Side note: isn&#39;t it great that the &#39;95 & &#39;98 install floppies create a RAM drive that bumps the CDROM drive letter up, then Windows can&#39;t find files when you make changes after the install completes? LOL

Dray_04
04-14-2004, 01:26 AM
hey guys im really really really appreciating all the help ay

Boot from a dos / win 98 floppy.

FDISK to remove any data, partitions etc.

Set up new partitions and format them.

You now have a clean HDD.

Boot from dos again and install win 98 (xp will not start from a dos prompt) I prefer to do that from a second partion, but that is personal preference

i did manage to get into fdisk

created new partitions... formatted them (even though i had trouble figuring out where the option of formatting the partition )

i am just about to go buy sum brand new high density 3.5 floppies so i can create the disks again..... i have been using sum old disks i had in my cuboard.

P>S ... sorry if im typing alot of errors (typos).... im not used to my mates keyboard and i cant b fuct correcting them all+

Dray_04
04-14-2004, 01:30 AM

either the disks i have been using are gay... or there is something up with my HDD

it cant be the XP disk that i have because i also have a win 98 disk and win ME disk (not that i want to try install ME)

also i no my BIOS inside-out... and i have it set up to boot off cd rom.... it just isnt working.... so ill keep ya posted when i try sum brand new floppies///

tesco
04-14-2004, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by dray_02@13 April 2004 - 20:30

either the disks i have been using are gay... or there is something up with my HDD

it cant be the XP disk that i have because i also have a win 98 disk and win ME disk (not that i want to try install ME)

also i no my BIOS inside-out... and i have it set up to boot off cd rom.... it just isnt working.... so ill keep ya posted when i try sum brand new floppies///
its gotta be a problem with the bios. one of my friends couldnt get his xp to boot from cd and he was certain that his cd wasnt bootable, but i went over yesterday and played around in teh bios a bit and got it to work.

first of all make sure the cd drive is being detected. then make sure the boot order goes:

1. cdrom
2. floppy
3. hard drive

that was where my friends problem lied, he had it in the wrong order, cdrom and hard drive were switched around so it tried to boot from hard drive before cd. make sure that is correct.

second, some bios dont just say hard drive, floppy and cd-rom. some say hdd-0, hdd-1, hdd-2, hdd-3, then ide-0, ide-1, etc, cdrom-0, cdrom-1, etc. (my bios :angry: ) so its kinda hard to figure out but...heres the simple way to know how to set it up. all well have to worry about are the ide ones:

ide-0 will mean primary ide channel, master.
ide-1 will mean primary ide channel, slave.
ide-2 will mean secondary ide channel, master.
ide-3 will mean secondary ide channel, slave.

so say ur cd-rom drive was plugged into the master on secondary ide channel, and you had ur hard drive on master of primary ide channel, then here would be ur order:

1. ide-2
2. floppy
3. ide-0.

good luck&#33;

Dray_04
04-14-2004, 02:14 AM
my BIOS features in the boot section have the following options

-floppy
-LS120
-HDD-0
-SCSI
-CDROM
-HDD-1
-HDD-2
-HDD-3
-ZIP
-USB-FDD
-USB-ZIP
-USB-CDROM
-USBHDD
-LAN
-Disabled

tesco
04-14-2004, 02:16 AM
Originally posted by dray_02@13 April 2004 - 21:14
my BIOS features in the boot section have the following options

-floppy
-LS120
-HDD-0
-SCSI
-CDROM
-HDD-1
-HDD-2
-HDD-3
-ZIP
-USB-FDD
-USB-ZIP
-USB-CDROM
-USBHDD
-LAN
-Disabled
ok then it just goes cdrom, floppy, then hdd-0...

try choosing hdd-2, floopy, hdd-0 see what that does...could actually mean ide but they didnt write it...

delphin460
04-14-2004, 02:19 AM
are any of those cd,s ( win 98, win me or win xp) original
or are they all copies

Dray_04
04-14-2004, 02:24 AM
i have original copies.... borrowed from a friend

those ones are 98, and ME

however i DL XP Pro off suprnova and was planning on using my corporate cd key that i got ages ago..... that didnt work :(

so unfortunately i have to use the cracked cd key.... when the time comes to actually installing&#33;&#33;&#33;1

The reason i reDL XP Pro is because my XP PRO CORP. cd had...what seemed to look like a flame mark (perhaps from a lighter) on it.... FUCK&#33;&#33;&#33; im so gutted...

tesco
04-14-2004, 02:30 AM
Originally posted by dray_02@13 April 2004 - 21:24
i have original copies.... borrowed from a friend

those ones are 98, and ME

however i DL XP Pro off suprnova and was planning on using my corporate cd key that i got ages ago..... that didnt work :(

so unfortunately i have to use the cracked cd key.... when the time comes to actually installing&#33;&#33;&#33;1

The reason i reDL XP Pro is because my XP PRO CORP. cd had...what seemed to look like a flame mark (perhaps from a lighter) on it.... FUCK&#33;&#33;&#33; im so gutted...
u sure ur cdrom drive works? try a differnt drive, also try different ide cable.

Dray_04
04-14-2004, 02:35 AM
hey guys,

i feel as though i may have conquered this TASK once and for all....but only maybe

after many many hours of researching stuff like FDISK, DOS, setup, NTLDR, win98, XP and XP Pro....

i think i have done it..

i found this (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=83F53BE9-28FA-40E8-8EC2-631504EF5E26) download thanks to a few helpful suggestions

Its a Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 1 Utility: Setup Disks for Floppy Boot Install...

exactly what i was looking for.....

last night i tried to install it with sum old disks.... but i got a DISK I/O error upon booting,....

bought sum high density and formatted disks about 40min ago... setup and im away

MY HDD is formatting as i speak (well....as i type but you no what i mean)

If i get XP back up and running i will say thanks to each and every1 of you that helped.....

dont ya just learn so much from these forums....

:P

I&#39;LL BE BACK....... **in deep mans voice like arnold***

tesco
04-14-2004, 02:38 AM
Originally posted by dray_02@13 April 2004 - 21:35
bought sum high density and formatted disks about 40min ago... setup and im away
haha high density floppy disks lol, what crap. theyre 1.44mb, i wouldnt call that high density lol.

anyway, good luck&#33; :pizza:

Dray_04
04-14-2004, 02:40 AM
HEY :angry:

thats what the setup asks for so thats what im going to give them :angry:

lol :rolleyes: :D lmao :lol:

tesco
04-14-2004, 02:41 AM
Originally posted by dray_02@13 April 2004 - 21:40
HEY :angry:

thats what the setup asks for so thats what im going to give them :angry:

lol :rolleyes: :D lmao :lol:
:lol:

Dray_04
04-14-2004, 07:50 AM
hey peers...

iv fixed it... the above process worked...

ill tell ya more in detail after i finish work (which i am late for at the moment)

i have one more problem however lol

dont groan :P

windows isnt detecting my sata drive... iv downloaded the latest drivers off www.giga-byte.com. when i try to update my sata drive in device manager it sez sumthing like " the wizard could not find a better match for your hardware than the software you curently have installed."

p.s i have installed the sata drivers off the mobo cd....

iv got the correct drivers...updated windows....updated my chipset....hmmm installed all necessary drivers...

so what could be the problem?