PDA

View Full Version : Bad Pc Problem

Aaron_T
04-12-2004, 01:27 PM
iam not in control of my PC norton is non-functianal i cant install anything because i dont have permission

i cant run system restore, i cant save any type of file it says i dont have the right security priviliges some user message come up when i go on programs some i can still access though like winamp and IE

i have done an online viruus scan using the trend micro service, it picked up no viruses.

when i go on nero burning rom the layout of XP changes to the classic version!!!

when i log onto windows it says my modem isnt plugged in which it is because im posting this message online

i try to sign into MSN messenger with my .net paasport it claims that it does not exist, and i tried with my second account and that didnt exist either :(

it seems something has control over my PC with a higher level of control than myself, my norton systemworks is fully updated both firewall and antivirus i have all of the critical updates from microsoft.

so how can i get rid of whatever is controlling my PC when i click norton it says it needs to be reinstalled but im afraid if i do that it wont go in again :(

PLEASE HELP :)

Expire
04-12-2004, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by Azzz@12 April 2004 - 13:27
iam not in control of my PC norton is non-functianal i cant install anything because i dont have permission

i cant run system restore, i cant save any type of file it says i dont have the right security priviliges some user message come up when i go on programs some i can still access though like winamp and IE

i have done an online viruus scan using the trend micro service, it picked up no viruses.

when i go on nero burning rom the layout of XP changes to the classic version!!!

when i log onto windows it says my modem isnt plugged in which it is because im posting this message online

i try to sign into MSN messenger with my .net paasport it claims that it does not exist, and i tried with my second account and that didnt exist either  :(

it seems something has control over my PC with a higher level of control than myself, my norton systemworks is fully updated both firewall and antivirus i have all of the critical updates from microsoft.

so how can i get rid of whatever is controlling my PC when i click norton it says it needs to be reinstalled but im afraid if i do that it wont go in again  :(

PLEASE HELP  :)
i dont know a lot about this stuff, but do u get major problems even when ur not online?

foot loose
04-12-2004, 01:39 PM
dos your pc let u boot up in safe mode?.

Aaron_T
04-12-2004, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by foot loose@12 April 2004 - 12:39
im not sure please explain

4th gen
04-12-2004, 01:46 PM
What resident anti virus and anti trojan do you have?

muchspl2
04-12-2004, 01:47 PM
:norton: :lol:
such a great program, can you install anything, another av or spysweeper etc

Aaron_T
04-12-2004, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by 4th gen@12 April 2004 - 12:46
norton antivirus 2004 and norton personal firewall 2004 is that what u mean? :)

Aaron_T
04-12-2004, 01:49 PM
i dont think i can install anything no :(

muchspl2
04-12-2004, 01:52 PM
http://members.cox.net/dodger1954/owned.gif

4th gen
04-12-2004, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by Azzz+12 April 2004 - 12:48--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Azzz @ 12 April 2004 - 12:48)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-4th gen@12 April 2004 - 12:46
norton antivirus 2004 and norton personal firewall 2004 is that what u mean? :) [/b][/quote]
Download the trial version of TDS-3 and run that.

Triadcool
04-12-2004, 01:54 PM

Right before you see the windows xp boot screen repeativly hit F8 and it will give you an option for safe mode, can you boot into windows in safe mode?

foot loose
04-12-2004, 01:54 PM
ture on you pc and and when it gets past you bios boot up screen (the black screen that has lots of numers and word) just before your window xp logo boots up, hold down f8 and another screen will pop up saying how do you want to start up windows hilight safemode with networking. then do another online scan using housedoctor. coz my friend had 300 viruses on his pc and when i tryed to install and use any of the norton stuff, the icons disserpeared off of the screen. and the pc would not let me install anything. also you could try and download AVG antivirus sortware it very good.

Aaron_T
04-12-2004, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Triadcool@12 April 2004 - 12:54

Right before you see the windows xp boot screen repeativly hit F8 and it will give you an option for safe mode, can you boot into windows in safe mode?
i&#39;ll try as soon as i get TDS-3 :)

Aaron_T
04-12-2004, 02:00 PM
i tried to install TDS-3 and i tsed file access deniied :(

trying the safe mode thing now :)

Aaron_T
04-12-2004, 02:10 PM
i tried the safe mode with networking

but everything i did it said error: a device is not connected to the computer

and when i tried to go on the internet nothing happened

any more suggestion ppl :(

Aaron_T
04-12-2004, 02:17 PM
come on people i really need this sorted :)

Triadcool
04-12-2004, 02:26 PM
You do have windows xp, right?

Aaron_T
04-12-2004, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Triadcool@12 April 2004 - 13:26
You do have windows xp, right?
yes home edition :)

Triadcool
04-12-2004, 02:31 PM
Ok, restart again and keep hitting F8 and when you get to the screen with many options select the one that says: Use Last Known Good Configuration, see if that helps?

Aaron_T
04-12-2004, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Triadcool@12 April 2004 - 13:31
Ok, restart again and keep hitting F8 and when you get to the screen with many options select the one that says: Use Last Known Good Configuration, see if that helps?
ive already tried that mate :(

this looks hopeless to me

sumthin tells me its a trip to the local repairr shop :(

Triadcool
04-12-2004, 02:41 PM
I dont think its that hopeless yet. My friends computer did about the same thing yours is doing right now, I fixed his computer by going to internet explorer and tool then internet options and I deleted all of his cookies and all offline content and history and it fixed it right away, you can try that and if that doesnt work download THIS (http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_download/0,fid,8171,fileidx,1,00.asp) and see if you can install it, if you can scan your computer and see what it finds.

Aaron_T
04-12-2004, 02:58 PM
thanks for all the great help guys but i got it sorted :)

it was actually something simple which i should have picked upon straight away

so thanks for the great replies :)

Triadcool
04-12-2004, 03:06 PM
thanks for all the great help guys but i got it sorted&nbsp;

so thanks for the great replies&nbsp;

You dont want to tell us what it was? Or was it to embarassing. :rolleyes:

zapjb
04-12-2004, 04:34 PM
No shit. Tells us how you fixed it. That&#39;s only fair.

Chewie
04-12-2004, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by Azzz@12 April 2004 - 14:58
thanks for all the great help guys but i got it sorted :)
so thanks for the great replies :)
C&#39;mon, no-one with respect in here is gonna laugh at any mistake you have made, no matter how simple it seems in retrospect. Everyone makes mistakes (yes, even VB - we are not worthy) and we understand that.
Spill it&#33;