PDA

View Full Version : Album Review

4th gen
04-13-2004, 12:55 AM
How about a number of us Soulseekers have an "album review" group. On a certain day of each week, we all have to download an album which is recommended by one of the people in the group. Everyone in the group has to listen to that album and then write a short review on it.
Obviously, the album nominator would be rotated every week so we had a different musical style to listen to...

Rocktron
04-13-2004, 10:57 AM
Good idea!

Let's make it happen..

Spider_dude
04-13-2004, 04:59 PM
good idea, quite geptastic.

fkdup74
04-14-2004, 02:22 AM
Originally posted by Spider_dude@13 April 2004 - 08:59
nah, it's that sig & av that's geptastic :lol:

sounds cool 4th...
are you just tryin to get at newer releases, or....???

Adster
04-14-2004, 02:26 AM
Originally posted by Rocktron@13 April 2004 - 20:57
Good idea!

Let's make it happen..
thats the problem we always think of a idea a god one like this and it never happens

4th gen
04-14-2004, 02:32 AM
Originally posted by FKDUP74+14 April 2004 - 01:22--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (FKDUP74 @ 14 April 2004 - 01:22)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Spider_dude@13 April 2004 - 08:59
nah, it&#39;s that sig & av that&#39;s geptastic :lol:

sounds cool 4th...
are you just tryin to get at newer releases, or....??? [/b][/quote]
Nah, just trying to see what musical tastes other have. Might improve my own...:)

Gutter
04-14-2004, 04:14 AM
we got as far as a poll in musicworld last time someone <_< wanted album reviews...

4th gen
04-14-2004, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Gutter@14 April 2004 - 03:14
we got as far as a poll in musicworld last time someone <_< wanted album reviews...
Someone had this idea before and it didn&#39;t happen? :huh:

fkdup74
04-14-2004, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by 4th gen+13 April 2004 - 18:32--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (4th gen @ 13 April 2004 - 18:32)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by FKDUP74@14 April 2004 - 01:22
<!--QuoteBegin-Spider_dude@13 April 2004 - 08:59
nah, it&#39;s that sig & av that&#39;s geptastic :lol:

sounds cool 4th...
are you just tryin to get at newer releases, or....???
Nah, just trying to see what musical tastes other have. Might improve my own...:) [/b][/quote]
so this isnt gonna be restricted to new releases?
cool, cause i hardly ever find a new release that i like :lol:

-edit- FKN ANTI SPAM SHIT&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; :angry: :lol: :lol: :lol:

blitz
04-15-2004, 01:14 AM
Can I be in the group? B)

4th gen
04-15-2004, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by blitz81388@15 April 2004 - 00:14
Can I be in the group? B)
Sure...the more the merrier. I&#39;m just wondering how many others would be interested...? :unsure:

Adster
04-15-2004, 01:40 AM
I like this idea I can give you some more Aussie talent for you to hear and others can do the same with their countries adn their styles

Jibbler
04-15-2004, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by 4th gen+14 April 2004 - 11:32--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (4th gen @ 14 April 2004 - 11:32)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Gutter@14 April 2004 - 03:14
we got as far as a poll in musicworld last time someone&nbsp; <_<&nbsp; wanted album reviews...
Someone had this idea before and it didn&#39;t happen? :huh: [/b][/quote]
yes, many times, and you&#39;ll find that very few people want to contribute to anything... lazy peeps, all of ya&#33; seriously, who wants the responsibility of keeping that in check? responsibility comes at a price... :huh:

Celerystalksme
04-16-2004, 02:04 AM
Yes i used to do album reviews everyday in the what are you listening to now thread...and the mods kept closing that thread...so i said fuck it...i wasnt gonna bother anymore...typical mods ruin everything for everyone...i wish i could of kept everything going...but seeing i can no longer get on the net that much and its at a shitty speed...i would love to of helped out jibbs with the distro room...and there&#39;s lots of other little projects people started but of course...once something gets started everyone becomes lazy and doesnt follow it through...but you can give it a shot...i cant get involved because i dont have the speed and the time to download shit music...but go for it and see what happens...

Laters
Cely :music1:

Adster
04-16-2004, 06:51 AM
OK we have decided that on Thursday night (Friday afternoon here in Aus) is when the new album review for the week will be done it will be reviewed by all of us members from teh soulseek community and anyone that wants to participate

now

an simple and easy Album to start us off to test how this will work

Artist Metallica

Title Black Album

http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/drd600/d661/d661245j1h8.jpg

1. Enter Sandman
2. Sad but True
3. Holier Than Thou
4. The Unforgiven
5. Wherever I May Roam
6. Don&#39;t Tread on Me
7. Through the Never
8. Nothing Else Matters
9. Of Wolf and Man
10. The God That Failed
11. My Friend of Misery
12. The Struggle Within

Gutter
04-16-2004, 06:43 PM
it seems we have already started slacking on this novel idea

I miss those old Crumbcat and Cely reviews in the "What music are you..." threads
those were a great help in searching for new tunes&#33;

Jibbler
04-17-2004, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by Celerystalksme@15 April 2004 - 22:04
Yes i used to do album reviews everyday in the what are you listening to now thread...and the mods kept closing that thread...so i said fuck it...i wasnt gonna bother anymore...typical mods ruin everything for everyone...i wish i could of kept everything going...but seeing i can no longer get on the net that much and its at a shitty speed...i would love to of helped out jibbs with the distro room...and there&#39;s lots of other little projects people started but of course...once something gets started everyone becomes lazy and doesnt follow it through...but you can give it a shot...i cant get involved because i dont have the speed and the time to download shit music...but go for it and see what happens...

Laters
Cely :music1:
Well put Cely... anyway, Team OCR totaled just over 50 album rips, in about 4 months. Maybe that&#39;s alot, maybe not, but with over 20,000 members here, you would think it would be easy to find people who would be willing to cooperate and help. Instead I found a dozen peeps willing to help, but only 1 or 2 peeps that were willing help on any kind of regular schedule.

anyone remember the New Release List? It was updated daily with all the new 0day rips being shared in our SoulSeek room. After 90 days of doing it nearly everyday, I got bored and frustrated with it... It was a project that could have continued, but so few people showed interest...

anyway.. good luck trying to get the ball rolling... hope you guys have more success than I did... :huh:

Spider_dude
04-19-2004, 11:25 AM
tru jib

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
04-19-2004, 02:02 PM
;) No.Some of us RIP alot of CDs.But to be part of your Club they have to be Ripped a Certain way.I guess I will go update that Thread with the newest CDs Ripped from me.

If 256 VBR is ok for you guys. :rolleyes:

Jibbler
04-19-2004, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@19 April 2004 - 10:02
;) No.Some of us RIP alot of CDs.But to be part of your Club they have to be Ripped a Certain way.I guess I will go update that Thread with the newest CDs Ripped from me.

I think the point was, that very few people were willing to contribute on any kind of regular basis. For OCR we wanted the CDs ripped a certain way, which is true, but its not important to this discussion. :huh: ;)

I don&#39;t know why people don&#39;t contribute more... it is because they don&#39;t have the time? or the money/resources? bandwidth? I don&#39;t know.. could it be lack of interest? It seems all these suggestions make for novel ideas, though its much harder to put things into motion.

FC, in one way or another, you&#39;ve been a contributor to this forum/SS/ and more. Despite our differences in how things should be done, you still put forth more effort than most peeps on this forum. You are to be commended for your efforts... hope we find more like you... country boy. :o :D

Adster
04-19-2004, 03:46 PM
I haev the time and resource it&#39;s teh badnwith thats my issue otherwise I&#39;d love to be doing taht sort of stuff to contribute

HeavyMetalParkingLot
04-20-2004, 02:24 AM
Originally posted by Jibbler+19 April 2004 - 15:17--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jibbler @ 19 April 2004 - 15:17)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@19 April 2004 - 10:02

I think the point was, that very few people were willing to contribute on any kind of regular basis. For OCR we wanted the CDs ripped a certain way, which is true, but its not important to this discussion. :huh: ;)

I don&#39;t know why people don&#39;t contribute more... it is because they don&#39;t have the time? or the money/resources? bandwidth? I don&#39;t know.. could it be lack of interest? It seems all these suggestions make for novel ideas, though its much harder to put things into motion.

FC, in one way or another, you&#39;ve been a contributor to this forum/SS/ and more. Despite our differences in how things should be done, you still put forth more effort than most peeps on this forum. You are to be commended for your efforts... hope we find more like you... country boy. :o :D [/b][/quote]
Well, some of us were never even told about it, and had to find out from outside sources well after the fact. So some of us felt that if the minimal effort could not have been made to let them know, why should we make more than a minimal effort to change the way we been doing it all along?

Jibbler
04-20-2004, 06:39 AM
Originally posted by HeavyMetalParkingLot@19 April 2004 - 22:24
Well, some of us were never even told about it, and had to find out from outside sources well after the fact. So some of us felt that if the minimal effort could not have been made to let them know, why should we make more than a minimal effort to change the way we been doing it all along?
My only response to this, is that what we do, filesharing, ripping, things of this nature.. might be considered illegal at the very least? I didn&#39;t feel that this forum should be used as an open invitation to recruit people, and so I asked the few OCR participants, not to post publically about methods, channels, passwords and such, on these forums.

Anyway, enough about my OLD project, and more about the NEW. As I said before, I wish you all the best in whatever the members here choose to do. :)

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
04-20-2004, 06:42 AM
Originally posted by Jibbler+20 April 2004 - 01:39--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jibbler @ 20 April 2004 - 01:39)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-HeavyMetalParkingLot@19 April 2004 - 22:24
My only response to this, is that what we do, filesharing, ripping, things of this nature.. might be considered illegal at the very least? I didn&#39;t feel that this forum should be used as an open invitation to recruit people, and so I asked the few OCR participants, not to post publically about methods, channels, passwords and such, on these forums.

Anyway, enough about my OLD project, and more about the NEW. As I said before, I wish you all the best in whatever the members here choose to do. :) [/b][/quote]
:D I never did give away the Site.Can I do it now? :P

:lol:

:huh: And what about this New Project of yours.Let us in on it. :huh:

Jibbler
04-20-2004, 06:49 AM
Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@20 April 2004 - 02:42
:D I never did give away the Site.Can I do it now? :P

:huh: And what about this New Project of yours.Let us in on it. :huh:
if you mean the OCR site, PM it to those members you want to share it with, just don&#39;t post it here ;)

and the NEW project I was referring to, was the one in the thread title... I&#39;ve got no other projects going right now... not yet anyway.. At the end of the month, I&#39;m moving into a new place, going to be without my connection for a few days... I&#39;m trying to pop into SS from time to time... other than that... a break from this fucking machine would be nice :lol: :huh: :huh: :huh: :music1:

HeavyMetalParkingLot
04-20-2004, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by Jibbler@20 April 2004 - 06:39

quess it has been my imagination that a lot of us hang out on soulseek and know how to use the pm feature, but oh well, guess some of us haven&#39;t contributed enough.