PDA

View Full Version : Full Screen Video

biglurch
03-13-2003, 12:57 AM
Is there a way to get the video over the full screen. I'm using media player 9 and in the full screen mode it looks like letter box format with about 3 inches top and bottom not being used.

:ph34r: It looks like this: hehe

thanx BL

Rocktron
03-13-2003, 01:05 AM
I hope this works..
Go in Mediaplayer to Tools /Options/Performance and click the fullscreen option! (Maybe it on allready?) If it is click it off... close Mediaplayer and restart it.. do the same Tools/Options/Performance and select the Fullscreen option ON again..

Now load a movie.. and select FullScreen in the Pulldown menu.. it should work now!

I know this sucks.. but i have the same shit.... that's why i use another Movie player!

I Hope it works for you.. it works for me! ;)

biglurch
03-13-2003, 03:00 AM
well that didnt work :( I wouldnt mind trying another player, just not sure which one to try.
Whats the player of choice around here.

sArA
03-13-2003, 03:06 AM
I had the same problem, and I eventually found twins video player on tucows..

1. its free
2. no adware
3. full screen
4. only 2.9meg
5. plays avi files without extra codecs etc.
6. Has a funky option for playing on top in postcard size or less whilst browsing the web etc.

So far Its the best I have found, simple and effective.

Hope this helps

Skillian
03-13-2003, 03:08 AM
It's because the movie is widescreen. If you use Zoom Player (http://www.inmatrix.com/zplayer/) you can zoom in and cut as much of the black bars off as you like.

It also a very good player in other repects - highly recommended.

healimonster
03-13-2003, 06:07 AM
being that most of these rips are off of letter box (or more accurately wide-screen)DVDs there is nothing that you can do without cheating and distorting the video quality. Thats the way it was encoded and thats the way it will live on for ever.

if someone ripped a full screen dvd, such as willy wonka and the chocolate factory, you may have some luck.. but pan and scans are not the preferred dvd format.