PDA

View Full Version : Nvidia Driver Isssue

Cenobite
04-14-2004, 09:38 PM
I'm having a few problems installing the latest drivers for my Creative Blaster 5 fx5950 Ultra. Im currently running the 53.03 Release from the Nvidia website. When I tried a later release (56.64) I was getting really crappy frame rates (running the 'Dawn' demo from Nvidia), so reverted back to the 53.03.

I recently tried thier latest release 56.72 and I'm getting the same problem - crappy frame rates (and a CTD when playing Painkiller). Surley these later releases should have good support for a high end card?

I've tried searching for a Creative driver release but can't find my card on thier website. Help? :(

tesco
04-14-2004, 09:44 PM
hmm, maybe the new drivers have full aa and af turned on by default...and maybe ur older driver didnt have it already on? ive always got them on so i wouldnt have noticed a difference, but my card is running fine with teh latest drivers. try disabling aa and af and try again...

Cenobite
04-15-2004, 11:22 PM
Sorry about the long time to reply (I was ahem seeding a torrent and didnt want to restart my pc after installing the new drivers ;) ).

Tried turning off AA from 'application controlled' to 'off all time' but still no luck :(

I tried creative again and heres a weird thing, when I registerd my Creative products (sound card and gfx card) the web site found them installed on my system, but when I tried thier &#39;auto driver update&#39; function (it searches for creative products on your system and lists all driver updates) it could only find the sound card and not the gfx card, wtf? <_<