PDA

View Full Version : One Hour Photo

poli
03-13-2003, 02:31 AM
Wow i rented it the other day and it was pretty creepy, anyone else think so?

Spindulik
03-13-2003, 02:46 AM
I saw that movie too. Very creepy.

I'll try to comment, without revealing the story. Not to spoil the movie for those who haven't seen it yet.

But you have to think. The photo guy "Sy Parrish", created his own dilema. In his own secret mind, he believed what he was doing was harmless. Over a period of 10 years, it became a normal part of his life. So normal, that he was comfortable with it, even to other people (like the waitress). He is a nice and gentle man, though. Has morals too.

This is scarey, because the movie is very realistic. I bet that there are people out there in this world who have themselves in similar scenerios. If the truth of them were exposed, viewed from outside of themselves, the world sees them as very odd and strange. For example, a janitor at an office building who has keys to everything, sees the trash, the people, the building, every day for 10 years, becomes part of the building and its people. It is as if he owns the place. Knows everybody and everything going on, but keeps it to himself.

You have to see the movie to understand this concept.

-----Modified Here-----------
I didn't want to add another topic so I just added it here.

Did you see "Undercover Brother " yet? I saw 6 minutes of the beginning and laughed my butt off. I 'll have to make time to see the rest of it.

NikkiD
03-13-2003, 03:14 AM
One hour photo was very creepy. Not so much scary as just really creepy. Makes me happy that I use digital cameras.

Undercover Brother was funny in parts - the shower scene had me rolling on the floor laughing. Worth a watch.

neevakee
03-13-2003, 03:16 AM
1 hour is a movie that is searously disturbing, but it is a good movie and makes you really think about how much we trust others with personal things of ours.

klite_master
03-13-2003, 03:20 AM
Creepy? Disturbing? Sure, if you're superficial and don't get the meaning the movie was trying to point at. :rolleyes:

healimonster
03-13-2003, 05:59 AM
I heard it was a great movie so I bought it right when it came out.

I have yet to watch it.

So i didn't even read this thread for fear of spoilers.

Go on.. Spoil away!

puremindmatters
03-13-2003, 06:52 AM
I loved it - it's a great movie and the performance of Robin Williams is outstanding.

I think what makes it "creepy" is that it is more believable than just another serial killer movie, and that the audience can understand why he is doing what he is doing... without really relating to the character or condoning his actions.

sred2003
03-13-2003, 08:16 AM
i thought this was way over-rated.

uNz[i]
03-13-2003, 09:08 AM
I saw 1 hour photo a couple of weeks ago, and enjoyed it very much..

WARNING! SPOILER!.. sort of...

My interpretation of the film was that we should appreciate the little things...
things we overlook because we are too busy, arrogant or just plain ignorant.

For instance.. when was the last time YOU looked at your shower curtain's rings?
Can you say (without going to check) what colour they are?
Yeah, I know.. a lot of you are probably thinking something like "wtf??" about what I'm saying here, but read on...

Now, what about the people in your life?

No, not the people that play a major role, like your parents and friends..
although you certainly shouldn't take them for granted..

I'm talking about the guy that bags your groceries, or the lollypop lady at the local crossing.
When was the last time you spoke to them?
Do you know their name?

... or are you too busy to spare the time?

Like I said, I enjoyed the film very much..
It made me think a LOT about how I treat people from day to day. :unsure:

A movie from Hollywood that actually makes you think is a very rare thing indeed.

on a lighter note..
I also really enjoyed Jackass the movie ;)

Edit:
Added spoiler warning

TJX
03-13-2003, 09:33 AM
I just saw it 30 minutes ago, I didn't find it creepy or anything...but it was very good, alot better then the average Robin Williams movie

garretrevels
03-13-2003, 08:50 PM
i didnt like it...imho
if you want to see robin williams in a serious role watch "insomnia" still not the greatest movie in the world but still pretty darn good and most deffinatly better than 1 hour photo

llamaj Mim
03-13-2003, 10:58 PM
I fell asleep when I watched "Insomnia", it's just not that good. And I found out it's a remake of a 1997 European movie with the same title and plot, that makes it even less original. On the other hand, One Hour Photo is amazing, one of the best films I've seen. Robin's acting was just incredible. And I don't think it's over-rated, it's kinda under-rated actually. I heard nothing but bad things before I saw this movie, and after I saw it, I was like "What the fuck were those people talking about?" I recommend this movie. ;) :) :lol:

poli
03-14-2003, 01:30 AM
When I said creepy I didnt mean scary or anything, but I sort of meant it like what somebody said earlier... it relates to real life and we sort of have to trust the people... never thought of stalking ppl that way, until i saw this movie

ooo
03-14-2003, 01:40 AM
lolol i never saw it... is it good? i was gonna read the other posts till i saw SPOILER! so i skipped it :P

poli
03-14-2003, 01:54 AM
for $4 bucks (thats how much it cost CDN price) to rent I would say its worth it!

A LITTLE SPOILER TO THE ENDING
hmmm when he was in da hotel room with them 2 and telling the girl to **** his **** i was like, awww what a f***in prick he is...but than at the end it sort of seems funny when he asks to see the picks he took when he was in the interragation room

llamaj Mim
03-14-2003, 03:56 AM
There are two versions of this movie, I like the one that starts with Robin explaining what causes people to have red eyes in photos. Anybody seen that version? It was the TMD release. :)

EnJoi
03-14-2003, 04:05 AM
i did not get the end wtf? :blink:

llamaj Mim
03-14-2003, 09:39 PM
It could mean differently depends on how you think, I guess. :) Maybe it did happen or it could just be Sy's imagination (I am talking about the pic in the end). ;)

poli
03-14-2003, 11:52 PM
Yeah that pic at the end had me really thinking... (this next sentence is a spoiler) But when he was sitting outside the house and he imagined that he lived there was also weird cause I thought he broke into the house sat down and had a drink to watch some tv and didnt expect them to be home so early.

I think the pic in the end was Sly's imagination...

I like the one that starts with Robin explaining what causes people to have red eyes in photosCan't remember the beginning, but i saw the one where they were in the interigation room and the officer asked him a question and told him he didnt have to talk until his lawyer came... is that the version he talks about reducing red eye from photos?

llamaj Mim
03-15-2003, 10:42 PM
No, that's not the one.

Version One: begins with Sy explaining the red eyes, you won't know he was arrested until the end
Version Two: begins with the Officer asking Sy questions in the interigation room

I am just wondering why there were two versions. :unsure:

YOLT
03-16-2003, 08:16 AM
YOU KNOW WHEN HE IS HAVEING THE DREAM THAT HE IS STANDING IN THE ISLE AT WALMART (OR WHEREVER THE HELL HE WORKS) AND THE BLOOD SHOOTS FROM HIS EYES, I WAS REMINDED OF THOSE WEBSITES THAT TELL YOU TO LOOK REALLY CLOSE FOR SOMETHING (LIKE WHERES WALDO), AND THEN A FEW SECONDS LATER A SCARY FACE POPS UP AND STARTS SCREAMING.

AND I THOUGHT THE POINT OF THIS MOVIE WAS TO FEEL SORRY FOR LOSERS (SY).

Nobody1234
03-17-2003, 05:30 AM
Posting with all capital letters is considered yelling. May I suggest you :rtfaq: and the rules.

Z
03-17-2003, 05:43 AM
ya that part was weird. why was it there? they could have cut it out...(where blood shoots from his eyes) :o
but all in all it was pretty short and not very entertaining.
Mrs.Doubtfire was much better. :P

llamaj Mim
03-18-2003, 01:25 AM
I like that scene a lot, hehe. I love crazy shit like that. :lol: