PDA

View Full Version : Unknown Nick

einstein146
04-15-2004, 06:35 AM
Firstly I'm new to this so don't laugh (yes I've read the guides pinned)

After trying many downloads on M(irc), through using ircspy.com I keep getting the error message unknown nick. I join the right chat room and find that my supposed uhhh target is not around, so of course when I try the command I get "unknown nick". Are things always this way or is there something I'm not doing right.

silent VI
04-15-2004, 06:37 AM
Originally posted by einstein146@15 April 2004 - 06:35
Firstly I'm new to this so don't laugh (yes I've read the guides pinned)

After trying many downloads on M(irc), through using ircspy.com I keep getting the error message unknown nick. I join the right chat room and find that my supposed uhhh target is not around, so of course when I try the command I get "unknown nick". Are things always this way or is there something I'm not doing right.
i think you have to register your chat name or somthing i get this a lot i just use a diffrent bot ;)

bulio
04-15-2004, 12:06 PM
register your nick by /msg nickserv register (password) (e-mail), then to logon to it everytime you join that irc channel via /msg nickserv login (password)

Benno
04-15-2004, 01:07 PM
How is this related to registering your nick? :huh:

Ircspy.com and similar websites take some time to update so it can happen that while a bot still shows up on the website he isnt in the channel anymore.

bulio
04-16-2004, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by Benno@15 April 2004 - 13:07

Ircspy.com and similar websites take some time to update so it can happen that while a bot still shows up on the website he isnt in the channel anymore.
chanserv is a service used on a few channels that let you register your nick :rolleyes:

j4y3m
04-17-2004, 03:30 AM
Originally posted by Benno@15 April 2004 - 13:07

That's what I was going to say. That message means that the bot you are trying to download from is offline or has changed it's nick.

Benno
04-17-2004, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by bulio+16 April 2004 - 21:58--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bulio @ 16 April 2004 - 21:58)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Benno@15 April 2004 - 13:07

chanserv is a service used on a few channels that let you register your nick :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]
I know how you register your nick and what it is but still the original question didnt have anything to do with it.´