PDA

View Full Version : Can I Disable Kazaalite Update Pop Up?

fictional_man
04-15-2004, 07:30 PM
After a nasty bought with malware and spyware I recently removed all of my software that contained any spyware ie Kazaa. I could not find a free PSP that was as fast or as easy as Kazaa after attempting to use WINMIX, Shareaza etc. Another PSP message board told me about a link to a cracked version of Kazaa Lite for free.I did not check any of the add ons when I installed Kazaa Lite since I did not know what they were anyway. Whenever I load Kazaa lite a pop up window asks me if I want to dowload the most recent version of Kazaa. Am I correct in assuming that if I update my Kazaa Lite, I would be subjected to having to pay for it? If that is so I want to know if I can disable the Kazaa Lite update pop up? I also want to make sure my settings are the best for optimum download performance.Thanks

tensegg
04-15-2004, 08:55 PM
which version do you have bro. The best one to use is (I think) is a clean 2.4.3 which you can get HERE (http://www.paginafacil.com/donpedrote/).

download a clean 2.4.3 version, or indeed a 2.6 version, your prob best with the 2.4.3 for now since 2.6 is still a test build. Run a good spyware prog or two, adaware, spysweeper or spybot should do the trick, you can get spybot from my link below, and start afresh. dont update anything from the web, and dont pay anyone jack shit for p2p software. ;) :D

fictional_man
04-15-2004, 10:13 PM
Hello If I download Kazaa Lite V 2.6 which add ons should I uncheck? I don't want to add any spyware.

4th gen
04-15-2004, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by fictional_man@15 April 2004 - 21:13
Hello If I download Kazaa Lite V 2.6 which add ons should I uncheck? I don't want to add any spyware.
Kazaa lite doesn't contain spyware

fictional_man
04-15-2004, 10:33 PM
But what are those add ons that appear in the installion menu?

What are the following:

AVI Preview
Banned IP RANGER
K Supernodes
KaNat
KDav
K Sig
MP3 Shield2
Install Block
Clear AD Block Before Installing
Clear Ad Block after installing
Enable XP Hook
Update Block list
Disable Supernode function
Install KMD without spyware

Add Fastrack to list of favorites
Add Dev/Support to list of favorites

tensegg
04-15-2004, 11:20 PM
erm :huh: they are k-lite tools bro, not spyware, they are there to help you, your getting paranoid. like I said it's still a test build, and you might be better with 2.4.3, but give it a go, any probs just check back here and someone will help ya. if you use the 2.6, the help forum for that is on my sig below. have fun ;)

fictional_man
04-15-2004, 11:34 PM
you bet i'm paraniod. I suffered from a very bad coollware malware that took me 3 days to uninstall. Thanks fro being out their bro peace.

tensegg
04-16-2004, 12:34 AM
no worries bro, lets know how you get on ;)

GHOST 1337
04-16-2004, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by fictional_man@15 April 2004 - 22:33
But what are those add ons that appear in the installion menu?

What are the following:

AVI Preview
Banned IP RANGER
K Supernodes
KaNat
KDav
K Sig
MP3 Shield2
Install Block
Clear AD Block Before Installing
Clear Ad Block after installing
Enable XP Hook
Update Block list
Disable Supernode function
Install KMD without spyware

Add Fastrack to list of favorites
Add Dev/Support to list of favorites
you should check 'Install KMD without spyware', and any other tools that you want.

fictional_man
04-16-2004, 12:44 AM
Hello

your other message board won't let me post

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

The error returned was:

Authorization mismatch - please go back and try again. If you have been trying to access a function incorrectly, please use the proper method.

Post Data Saved!

The following post data has been saved. In some cases, using your browser's back button will empty out form fields which results in the loss of any typed and unsaved material. You may select all of the text area below and copy before hitting back.
It's not working.
http://www.fasttrackhelp.com/developmentforums/index.php?

tensegg
04-16-2004, 12:50 AM
gimmie 2 secs bro and i'll check it out, did you register?, I'll pm you shortly ;)

fictional_man
04-16-2004, 12:59 AM
I sure did

user name fictional_man
address [email protected]

tensegg
04-16-2004, 01:06 AM
have pm'd ya check your messages at the top of this page, couldnt find your post on the other forum so it didnt go thru, will have ya up and running soon ;)

Don_Pedrote
04-16-2004, 01:19 AM
The 1 option in the K-Lite v2.6 installer you DON'T wan't to uncheck is the "Install Add Block" option ;) This option is default checked and makes shure that there aren't any adds in your K-Lite v2.6 version :D

tensegg
04-16-2004, 02:29 AM
sup DP, its cool he's up and runnng and extremely happy, wasnt easy, an I thought I was a no0b :lol: :lol: :lol:

GHOST 1337
04-16-2004, 02:36 AM
Originally posted by tensegg@16 April 2004 - 02:29
and I thought I was a no0b :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: lmfao :smilie3: :lol: :lol: