PDA

View Full Version : Error: Unable To Open (file Path)\data1024.dbb

thalandor46
04-15-2004, 11:51 PM
This error has been bugging me for a while. I have XP, and am currently using Ressurection, but it was also a problem with 2.4.3. When I open KL, and there are multiple users logged on, I get this message:

Unable to open C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Kazaa\db\data1024.dbb

As a result, nothing appears in the files I'm sharing, except for what I download during this session. Any completed download returns the status "failed", even though it hasnt failed. Also, when going back to any other XP user who was logged on, KL is opened, sometimes with the same error. Even more odd, the KL icon in the system tray (for other users, not when it is first opened) is the old blue K in a yellow box, rather than the grey K in the blue circle. It's really more annoying than anything else, but does anyone know how to fix it?

danyj
04-16-2004, 02:53 AM
I think this will help. Go to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Kazaa\db and delete everything in there, and then turn on kazaa. Hope this works :)

thalandor46
04-16-2004, 03:02 AM
Ok, that worked once, but if I try to open KL after that first time, it happens again. Thanks, but any other ideas?

danyj
04-16-2004, 04:14 AM
Ok...That is wierd :huh: Ok try this, go in to YOUR application data file (which is located in C:\Documents and Settings\*YOURNAME*\Application Data\Kazaalite\db) and delete the files there. Also try this when one person is logged on. Hope this helps

h1
04-16-2004, 10:39 PM
danyj's advice is...

http://bride.ru/i/affiliate.gif

:lol:

thalandor46
04-17-2004, 05:32 AM
No luck on this. Deleting files in individual application data did nothing (I did it for every user). It also seems that the All Users data that was erased did more harm than suspected. After various actions (for example, editing details), some error would come up and close KL. Ive reinstalled KL twice now because of that (went back to 2.4.3). The only thing I did find out was that this does not occur when only one user is logged on, which I kind of expected anyway. Any more ideas?

haxor, I have no idea what your trying to say. Is his advice good, or not good?

GHOST 1337
04-17-2004, 06:06 AM
Originally posted by thalandor46@17 April 2004 - 05:32
haxor, I have no idea what your trying to say.
join the crowd! :lol: :lol: :lol: :frusty: :P

ok, uninstall resurection/2.43 (whatever your using now), dlete the program folder, download 'regcleaner', dlete all the registry entires for klite 2.4.3 and ressurection, then install an older version of kazaalite here. (http://oldversion.com/program.php?n=kazaalite) and see if it works now :)