PDA

View Full Version : Help Me Oc My Pc More

SingaBoiy
04-16-2004, 02:16 PM
I got a Athlon XP 2000+ (1.66 @ 1.925), a GeForce MX440 that I sometime OC to 270, 512 PC2700 sometimes @ 360. My cpu temp is 37 and case is 31. I gota a FIC AN17 mobo. I wanted to know if I could OC it anymore. In the bios I have the cpu running at the next to last setting. It wont startup on the last setting. Is there any way I could oc it some more?

clocker
04-16-2004, 02:20 PM
Which component do you think is holding you back?

SingaBoiy
04-16-2004, 02:21 PM
In gaming I know my gfx card is cause new games dont support the pos. But I mainly wanted to pump up my cpu.

Mad Cat
04-16-2004, 02:22 PM
In the bios I have the cpu running at the next to last setting. It wont startup on the last setting. Is there any way I could oc it some more?

What setting is this? Multiplier? FSB?

SingaBoiy
04-16-2004, 02:24 PM
Multiplier.

clocker
04-16-2004, 02:35 PM
Well, were I you I would run some benchmarking tests (Sandra BurnIn Wizard will do) and see what your temps are and how your memory is doing under stress.

Then you can decide how much. if any, further you can go...

Mad Cat
04-16-2004, 02:53 PM
So you just tried shoving it to the highest multiplier from the off?

Read up before you go playing around... you'll damage things.

SingaBoiy
04-16-2004, 03:01 PM
No, I didnt. I never said I did that. Think Im stupid and wanna f-up my new stuff. The one to the last is the furthest it will run on.

clocker
04-16-2004, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by SingaBoiy@16 April 2004 - 09:01
No, I didnt. I never said I did that. Think Im stupid and wanna f-up my new stuff. The one to the last is the furthest it will run on.
No, I don't think you are stupid ( if that comment was directed at me...), but we need to discover what the bottleneck is here.
You need to decouple your RAM from the chip ( in other words, run asynchronously) and see what happens.
See how high your chip will clock and then try to bring your RAM up to that level.

Temps are going to be an issue as you'll probably have to increase your Vcore to get the chip clocked much higher.

Also, did you run any benchmark tests while running at stock settings to see if the OC is really doing all that much for you?

SingaBoiy
04-16-2004, 03:45 PM
No, it wasnt directed towards you. Ive run a few benchmarks and have noticed a nice difference. I am ready to begin kyouyu

Mad Cat
04-16-2004, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by SingaBoiy@16 April 2004 - 15:01
If you straight away tried running the multiplier on the highest setting, it sounds like you don't know what you are doing. I know you did this because you said:

It wont startup on the last setting. Is there any way I could oc it some more?

You should do it incrementally, not just trying to set everything to its full and risk damage.

SingaBoiy
04-16-2004, 04:21 PM
It wont startup on the last setting. Is there any way I could oc it some more?

Where did I say I went straight to the last setting??? I did do it incrementally.

It wont startup on the last setting.

If this is what you mean... I dont know how you got what you got from what is there. (lol, that last part was fun to write). It wont start on the last setting means that it wont start on the last setting. Not I shot straight up to the last setting when I first got the thing. If I did that I woulda said it.

atiVidia
04-16-2004, 04:52 PM
lol madcat jumps to conclusions too fast.

if have u increased the voltage yet? lol

Peerzy
04-16-2004, 04:53 PM
Run some benchies, get some idle and full loads temps, what speed ram is it and is it unbranded or like good quality stuff? Read up on a few guides and what other people have got this chip up to. Just go over to newegg find your chjip and read the reviews people there tell you how far they hav oc'd and what they have upped the vcore to etc.

theres a good guide pinned here you should check it out :P

Mad Cat
04-16-2004, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by atiVidia@16 April 2004 - 16:52
lol madcat jumps to conclusions too fast.

if have u increased the voltage yet? lol
Where's that whistling, "I didn't do it!" smilie...

ck-uk
04-16-2004, 04:58 PM
Some info on your mobo m8...read from the middle ish ...under the bios images

http://www.techspot.com/reviews/hardware/f...3/kt333-2.shtml (http://www.techspot.com/reviews/hardware/fic_vs_epox_kt333/kt333-2.shtml)

tesco
04-16-2004, 09:18 PM
you should try putting up the FSB a little instead of just teh multiplier. after that you find the highest FSB you can get to try to increase the vcore a little, and make sure temps dont get too high, no more than 45 idle. if they are okay then increaser the fsb a little more.