PDA

View Full Version : Strange

skelley521
03-13-2003, 05:03 PM
I was on my way to this forum; I typed www.k-lite.tk in the address bar, which I have done several times in the past; and I received a IE pop-up to download this file "doa2.host[1]"??
I said 'what the heck' i am a dl junkie...lol.....the file doesn't have an extension and is 4.43 kb's in size.

This hasn't happened before, I am running K-Lite 2.1 w/K++ on an XP Pro machine.

Any Clues,
Steve

MagicNakor
03-13-2003, 06:06 PM
Might be a virus. I've never been prompted to download something from the site.

:ninja:

VB
03-13-2003, 06:13 PM
Just try again. Might be some glitch with the host.

DataMore
03-13-2003, 06:20 PM
The main site has a popup.
Perhaps you have a popup killer and since it cannot load the popup, it will prompt you to download it.

Am I making any sense here? :huh:
:D Perhaps I should sober up first! :P

RPerry
03-13-2003, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by skelley521@13 March 2003 - 12:03
I was on my way to this forum; I typed www.k-lite.tk in the address bar, which I have done several times in the past; and I received a IE pop-up to download this file "doa2.host[1]"??
I said 'what the heck' i am a dl junkie...lol.....the file doesn't have an extension and is 4.43 kb's in size.

This hasn't happened before, I am running K-Lite 2.1 w/K++ on an XP Pro machine.

Any Clues,
Steve
have you tried it again to see what would happen? I tried it from here and couldn't get it to happen :(

skelley521
03-13-2003, 07:12 PM
I have tried it several time since and everything works fine.

I thought that it might have happened because today was the first time in months that I didn't have my kazaa client up and running...sorry, I need all my bandwidth today for ftp :D

The pop-up stopper sounds like a good theory though.....normaly I have my k-lite running and 1 or 2 of the forum windows open when i do the address entry to open another forum window.

Maybe my 'puter just ain't use to having 1 or 2 windows open.....gonna have to make it happy and open the usual 20 or so...lol

Thanks,
Steve