PDA

View Full Version : Just Got My New Dvd-/+rw Drive

Peerzy
04-17-2004, 06:06 PM
I 'backed up' Hard Rain dvd onto my pc using DVDshrink and its 4.3gb big, but when i open nero and select burn dvd video files and move all the vob and all the files shrink mad it starts to burn but just gives up and says failed :(

S i downloaded A120% and i can't find where i burn dvd video files. what program should i use. btw does it matter that im using dvd+rw discs and not dvd-r or dvd+r.

Jg427
04-17-2004, 07:05 PM
Check your settings in dvdshrink at edit> preferences>nero, then enable burning with nero.
I don't use nero to burn with mine, but I think it should start up and burn after dvd shrink runs without you starting it or loading the file.

Peerzy
04-17-2004, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by Jg427@17 April 2004 - 19:05
Check your settings in dvdshrink at edit> preferences>nero, then enable burning with nero.
I don't use nero to burn with mine, but I think it should start up and burn after dvd shrink runs without you starting it or loading the file.
What do you use?

Peerzy
04-17-2004, 07:30 PM
i have DVDShrink 3.0 beta 5

Jg427
04-17-2004, 08:21 PM
If the dvd file will fit on one disk without compression then you can use dvd decrypter to rip and burn.

If you need to compress or re-author, then I start with autoshrinkiso (http://www.mrbass.org/dvdshrink/autoshrinkiso/),click start, it will open dvdshrink. After you set dvdshrink to run, autoshrinkiso will take over, create the iso and start up dvd decrypter to burn.

edit: dvd shrink v 3.1.7 is the current version
update here. (http://www.mrbass.org/dvdshrink/)

Peerzy
04-17-2004, 10:48 PM
Okay i'll try that, doess it matter that im usingDVD=RW media and not normal media? will the rw make a differenece? :huh:

delphin460
04-17-2004, 11:06 PM
you are best to use dvd rw until you get any issues sorted , then once its workin fine you can start using dvd r and not make coasters

downloadgeek
04-18-2004, 02:28 AM
when i use DVD shrink i use the option of automatically bruning right after encoding as i have had problems will manually dragging the files in and burning them that way. I thought it may be a media problem but i dont think so as you say the files seem to "shrink" when you put them into nero.

So what i would do is enable burning automatically after encoding and that should work. Its a good thing your using -rw's so you dont waste a whole bunch of disks.