PDA

View Full Version : Who Will Win The Stanley Cup This Year?

bulio
04-18-2004, 12:18 AM
hi guys, place yer bets now! Who do you think will win the stanley cup in hockey this year?

My vote is Detroit

peat moss
04-19-2004, 01:22 AM
Vancouver.

bulio
04-19-2004, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by peat moss@19 April 2004 - 01:22
Vancouver.
vancouver dude eh? :smilie4:

Loomis
04-19-2004, 11:01 PM
The Sens. Hands down.

Alfie called it. He said there'd be a goal in Game 4. He Delivered.
He said they'd win Game 6 and force Game 7. He Delivered.
He said they'd win the series. We'll see in 5 hours.

He also said the Senators would win the Cup (didn't say when, but this year's lookin' good! :D)

That's my call anyway, but I bet good money the Cup staying in the East. Thank God it's not gonna go to the trap-happy Devils.

bulio
04-19-2004, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by Loomis@19 April 2004 - 23:01
The Sens. Hands down.

Alfie called it. He said there'd be a goal in Game 4. He Delivered.
He said they'd win Game 6 and force Game 7. He Delivered.
He said they'd win the series. We'll see in 5 hours.

He also said the Senators would win the Cup (didn't say when, but this year's lookin' good! :D)

That's my call anyway, but I bet good money the Cup staying in the East. Thank God it's not gonna go to the trap-happy Devils.
yeah, anyways I hope a canadian team wins :smilie4:

hiloman67
04-19-2004, 11:54 PM
Detroit Red Wings

;)

bulio
04-20-2004, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by hiloman67@19 April 2004 - 23:54
Detroit Red Wings

;)
You think? The'll go far, but not far enough is my opinion

hiloman67
04-20-2004, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by bulio+19 April 2004 - 22:11--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bulio @ 19 April 2004 - 22:11)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-hiloman67@19 April 2004 - 23:54
Detroit Red Wings

&nbsp; ;)
You think? The&#39;ll go far, but not far enough is my opinion [/b][/quote]
Maybe not, but I gotta be a homer&#33; :D

blitz
04-20-2004, 02:26 AM
Toronto Maple Leafs.......Even though I wanted Dallas to win...there was no way they were going to get past the Avalanche :(

NikkiD
04-20-2004, 03:18 AM
Hmmm good question.

Everyone knows where my heart lies. But they have to get a couple of key players back on the ice for it to happen. They NEED Sundin. He gives them confidence - they&#39;ve lacked that confidence in the last couple of games. Be nice to have Nolan back too - but they&#39;re saying that the Leafs would have to go to the 3rd round before they&#39;ll see him. They&#39;ve got the talent, Belfour is as good as it gets in net, and he&#39;s proven himself night after night. But they need some consistency. Kaberle is playing horribly, making a lot of stupid mistakes and giving up the puck in key situations. Antropov is playing just as badly - and taking stupid penalties to top it off. And what the hell is up with his skating? He looks like Frankenstein on skates these last few games, lumbering here and there. Don&#39;t know how many times I&#39;ve seen the puck come across the ice in front of the net and he&#39;s supposed to be there to smack it in, and he&#39;s barely across the blue line.

Ottawa - if they manage to get past the Leafs tomorrow night - and being totally honest, not letting my heart speak for me, if the Leafs don&#39;t play with a little more drive and heart, is a possibility - I don&#39;t think they&#39;ll make it past Philly. Philly&#39;s got too much heart for Ottawa, and I don&#39;t think Ottawa has the balls to take a series against them. And I just don&#39;t like Ottawa. Other than maybe Wade Redden.

Philadelphia - Who knows. They&#39;re kind of a wild card. They&#39;re going to meet the winner of the Leafs/Ottawa series now that Montreal has downed Boston. I think out of the two, the Leafs would have a better shot at it, similar hard hitting playing styles. Both teams have a lot of heart - I know I keep using that word, but in the playoffs, it means one hell of a lot. Look at Montreal. Either team that meets them will have a tough series.

Montreal - They came back incredibly strong against Boston - something nobody expected, and I sure as hell didn&#39;t want. Can they keep up that momentum against Tampa Bay??? I doubt it. Tampa Bay is on a roll. In a way, it would be bittersweet to see a Toronto/Montreal final (not that I&#39;m calling it). It would also be war in this house as we have 1 Montreal fan here. BOOOO&#33;&#33; I don&#39;t think they&#39;ll be able to beat Tampa Bay, and I certainly hope they don&#39;t. But as far as the greatest dive of the playoffs goes... Ribero, you&#39;ve outdone yourself.

Tampa Bay - What can I say? They&#39;re hot, no question. I don&#39;t know if that will make up for the lack of playoff experience. They&#39;re kind of a big question mark.

Detroit has a good shot at it. As usual. They&#39;ve got a good club again this year. Just a side note, huge class move by Hasek, giving the club back half his salary for the year, because he chose not to play and come back healthy next year.

I don&#39;t know that Colorado is as strong on the ice as they are on paper. Is there such a thing as too many star players on one team? Don&#39;t get me wrong, as individual players, I have the utmost respect for many of them. Blake&#39;s family lives five minutes from me, he&#39;s a huge local hero. But for the team, it seems that buying a Stanley Cup is the answer, rather than to try and develop a good team.

I don&#39;t think Vancouver&#39;s going to make it past Calgary tonight. But then again, I didn&#39;t think Montreal would beat Boston either. Who knows... it&#39;s a toss up. If Calgary wins, they&#39;ll get stomped by Detroit next round. If Vancouver wins, they&#39;ll be up against San Jose... probably the better bet for advancement. Lot of ifs though.

And finally San Jose... I just don&#39;t know. So I&#39;m gonna leave it at that.

blitz
04-20-2004, 03:24 AM
Out of all the teams, my guess is that Tamba Bay or the winner of Ottowa/Toronto will be in the cup from the eastern side. From the west, it definatly looks like the winner from Colorodo and Detroit, Detroit seems to be unstoppable at home, and they have home ice advantage throughout. It&#39;s really hard to say, some teams have come out of no where, like Montreal and Calgary for instance. Too tough to call, but my vote still goes with Toronto B)

Loomis
04-21-2004, 03:13 AM
Fuck me.

Go Flyers.

Sorry Nikki, but I can&#39;t have the Leafs get past the second round; I want them to taste defeat once more at the hands of the Flyers.

-Gloomy Loomy

Blade025
04-22-2004, 01:40 AM
i hope the LEAFS take it this year and end that LONG ASS DROUGHT&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
:frusty:

peat moss
04-23-2004, 04:03 AM
Originally posted by Loomis@19 April 2004 - 15:01
The Sens. Hands down.

Alfie called it. He said there&#39;d be a goal in Game 4. He Delivered.
He said they&#39;d win Game 6 and force Game 7. He Delivered.
He said they&#39;d win the series. We&#39;ll see in 5 hours.

He also said the Senators would win the Cup (didn&#39;t say when, but this year&#39;s lookin&#39; good&#33; :D)

That&#39;s my call anyway, but I bet good money the Cup staying in the East. Thank God it&#39;s not gonna go to the trap-happy Devils.
Hey can&#39;t belive they canned the whole coaching staff . what a farce. :lol:

danyj
04-23-2004, 04:14 AM
I want the leafs to win, but you gotta be logical, they cannot get past the flyers. So i am gonna say that colarado is gonna take the cup this year. Colarado&#39;s lines are stacked and they have alot of skilled players. Colarado it is

Loomis
04-23-2004, 04:30 AM
Originally posted by peat moss@23 April 2004 - 01:03
Hey can&#39;t belive they canned the whole coaching staff . what a farce. :lol:
They needed it. But we&#39;ll be laughing in a few years, with Quenneville behind the bench, as soon as Muckler gets us a goalie....I hear Luongo&#39;s available after next "season"(assuming the Panthers don&#39;t want to pay him 8M&#036;+/year), and that Marty B might not want to spend the rest of his time with the Devils, who are now on a one-way train to suck-ville.

If Tampa gets past the Habs, then they&#39;re the East. If Detroit gets past the Flames (CGY just won in OT....2-1), then they&#39;re the West. If anything else happens , I&#39;m out of ideas.