PDA

View Full Version : Mcafee Corp Vs Norton Corp

fobulous
04-18-2004, 02:05 AM
I currently use Norton Corp 8.1 and it's been great. but i heard some say that Mcafee Corp is actually better. just wondering if it's worth mytime to get the Mcafee or not. what i like Norton the best is that the Corp version's virus defination updates are unlimited. is it the case with Mcafee??

also i tried NOD32..didn't like the interface that much...

tesco
04-18-2004, 02:16 AM
i prefer mcafee. it aparantly catches the viruses better than norton, but for the time i used it I never downloaded anything with a virus so i woudlnt know...

check the topic a few pages back about this exact same thing, there are some very good points posted in it.

GHOST 1337
04-18-2004, 02:18 AM
Originally posted by fobulous@18 April 2004 - 02:05
I currently use Norton Corp 8.1 and it's been great. but i heard some say that Mcafee Corp is actually better. just wondering if it's worth mytime to get the Mcafee or not. what i like Norton the best is that the Corp version's virus defination updates are unlimited. is it the case with Mcafee??

also i tried NOD32..didn't like the interface that much...

i use nav 2002 so i dont know about the coporate, but....im still gonna say norton :)

peat moss
04-18-2004, 07:38 AM
Like has been said in my last post's if I 'v never had a virus with norton I'll stick with it :)
Edit: Useing NSW 2003 PRO CORP