PDA

View Full Version : Any Way To Make A Homemade Add-on To A Vga Cooler?

atiVidia
04-18-2004, 03:25 AM
ill OC my cpu l8r (im running an SFF so its sorta hard to do <_<) but is there any homemade thing i can create or anything i can use that will increase my scores? (other than a new fan)

im getting into a benchie dragrace with my friends and so 1 idea was to chill the temps where i live into the 50s... would that work? im desparate for ideas as ive come pretty close to maxing out the scores on my 5700u

would hanging icepacks insode my comp help?

tesco
04-18-2004, 03:30 AM
Originally posted by atiVidia@17 April 2004 - 22:25
ill OC my cpu l8r (im running an SFF so its sorta hard to do <_<) but is there any homemade thing i can create or anything i can use that will increase my scores? (other than a new fan)

im getting into a benchie dragrace with my friends and so 1 idea was to chill the temps where i live into the 50s... would that work? im desparate for ideas as ive come pretty close to maxing out the scores on my 5700u

take everything out of the case and just sit it on the floor or something, have a few fans blowing onto the mobo, cpu and vid card. then oc as much as u can. then run benchy, once youve finished put it all back in the case.

and by fans, i mean big fans, not computer fans. :D

and dont try hanging ice, it will just melt and fry stuff :lol:

atiVidia
04-18-2004, 03:36 AM
Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004+17 April 2004 - 22:30--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ROSSCO_2004 @ 17 April 2004 - 22:30)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-atiVidia@17 April 2004 - 22:25

take everything out of the case and just sit it on the floor or something, have a few fans blowing onto the mobo, cpu and vid card. then oc as much as u can. then run benchy, once youve finished put it all back in the case.

and dont try hanging ice, it will just melt and fry stuff :lol: [/b][/quote]
not ice&#33;

icepacks&#33; the ice substitutes that come in a leak-proof bag or sealed container.

the things u leave in the freezer for an hour and stays cold for 3 or 4.

lol good idea tho. ill open the windows of my SFF and ill direct a shitload of big household fans at them lol that should work :D

tesco
04-18-2004, 03:45 AM
Originally posted by atiVidia+17 April 2004 - 22:36--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (atiVidia &#064; 17 April 2004 - 22:36)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004@17 April 2004 - 22:30
<!--QuoteBegin-atiVidia@17 April 2004 - 22:25

and dont try hanging ice, it will just melt and fry stuff :lol:
not ice&#33;

icepacks&#33; the ice substitutes that come in a leak-proof bag or sealed container.

lol good idea tho. ill open the windows of my SFF and ill direct a shitload of big household fans at them lol that should work :D [/b][/quote]
no i mean to actually take the motherboard and stuff OUT of the case, it gets good airflow like that.

and at the ice thing, sorry i didnt read it right, but those ice packs still form a bit of water around them...they sweat...

gungrave
04-18-2004, 04:04 AM
:lol:

replace ur window with a wall of fans some blowing in some blowing out.
cool ur pc down like hell i was thinking about doing this but gave up :lol:

clocker
04-18-2004, 04:04 AM
Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004@17 April 2004 - 21:45

no i mean to actually take the motherboard and stuff OUT of the case, it gets good airflop like that.

Yeppers, I agree with that that.

Nothing like an excess of floppy air to get those test results higher...

tesco
04-18-2004, 04:08 AM
Originally posted by clocker+17 April 2004 - 23:04--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clocker @ 17 April 2004 - 23:04)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ROSSCO_2004@17 April 2004 - 21:45

no i mean to actually take the motherboard and stuff OUT of the case, it gets good airflop like that.

Yeppers, I agree with that that.

Nothing like an excess of floppy air to get those test results higher... [/b][/quote]
lolol, i gotta fix that lol...

SingaBoiy
04-18-2004, 04:32 AM
I leave me pc open and get about 5 degrees C cooler. 7 or 8 at night.

atiVidia
04-18-2004, 01:54 PM
the prob. is.... this is an sff system. i cant takt the mobo out

tesco
04-18-2004, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by atiVidia@18 April 2004 - 08:54
it doesnt come out at all?

i really gotta learn more about these sff systems, i know nothing about them lol.

atiVidia
04-18-2004, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004+18 April 2004 - 11:38--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ROSSCO_2004 @ 18 April 2004 - 11:38)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-atiVidia@18 April 2004 - 08:54

i really gotta learn more about these sff systems, i know nothing about them lol. [/b][/quote]
it does but it is WAY too much of a hassle.

i can remove as many parts from the case as possible tho lol

tesco
04-18-2004, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by atiVidia+18 April 2004 - 12:25--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (atiVidia @ 18 April 2004 - 12:25)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004@18 April 2004 - 11:38
<!--QuoteBegin-atiVidia@18 April 2004 - 08:54

i really gotta learn more about these sff systems, i know nothing about them lol.
it does but it is WAY too much of a hassle.

i can remove as many parts from the case as possible tho lol [/b][/quote]
alright at atleast that will give a bit better airflow...

atiVidia
04-18-2004, 09:39 PM
any1 know of any miniAC units? i mite be able to put 1 inside my comp

toriless
01-16-2010, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004+17 April 2004 - 22:30--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ROSSCO_2004 @ 17 April 2004 - 22:30)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-atiVidia@17 April 2004 - 22:25

and dont try hanging ice, it will just melt and fry stuff :lol: [/b]
not ice&#33;

lol good idea tho. ill open the windows of my SFF and ill direct a shitload of big household fans at them lol that should work :D[/QUOTE]
If you get a cheap ($10.99 but usually only available in warm months at Walmart, etc.) 20" fan you can do almost ANYTHING. Even run your PC with nothing but a CPU heatsink and no fan. I installed a X600XT into case and it was shutting the PC down as the entire Coolermaster case got over 60 Celsius. I had you use such a fan for a few months to stop the X600XT from roasting everything. I've since moved to the TT Armor case and everything is now about 30 Celsius instead. Its quiet 250 mm does the same thing at about a thousand times less noise. It can even handle the newer HD series but those like to run at about 45 Celsius for the GPU with 30+ for my hard drives thanks to the case protecting them. For some reason A64 X2 CPUs like running very cool at about 15 Celsius (about 60 Fahrenheit) even in a warmer room unless you use a PWM fan set to target 20 Celsius then it will heat up to that under a load but then drop down again?? I'll go with the Phenom II X4 if I ever upgrade.

any1 know of any miniAC units? i mite be able to put 1 inside my comp
Just use a 20" fan on low speed with the case side off if you can't AC the room which is the better choice. It works fine up to 90 degrees Fahrenheit indoors and then I'd stop using the PC and wait for the place to cool off. Who wants to be on the PC when it's over 90 Fahrenheit anyways. You can keep working if you go to medium speed but I'd NOT advise it. I now have a 10000 BTU portable AC unit now that I can use in the summer months. A window unit was not an option for that room. It was too bad since they are a lot cheaper (at any BTU rating) and can also go to a higher BTU, if needed, for bigger rooms.

clocker
01-16-2010, 02:40 AM
Too bad you weren't around in 2004.

Detale
01-16-2010, 02:41 AM
Really?? You had to answer his question 6 years later??

clocker
01-16-2010, 02:56 AM
Well, I for one have been dying to know the answer.

Snee
01-16-2010, 01:10 PM
I missed this thread the first time around. Glad I caught the rerun.

Detale
01-17-2010, 10:00 AM
One of my biggest peeves is when people resurrect an ancient thread. If it had some reference to today's HW or was at very least an attempt at levity then fine. If I were still a mod this would warrant some recourse shirley.

Artemis
01-20-2010, 12:35 PM
One of my biggest peeves is when people resurrect an ancient thread. If it had some reference to today's HW or was at very least an attempt at levity then fine. If I were still a mod this would warrant some recourse shirley.
But you aren't a mod any more........ so you just have to sit on the sidelines and rail at the injustices with the rest of the peons, sux2bu :naughty:

Detale
01-23-2010, 01:41 PM
More of a relief really. The sidelines are where all the cool people are anyway look at all the recent green stars like :O

deceptorx
02-02-2010, 03:54 AM
I'm wondering how you can even OC with a SFF mobo. I have had at least 5 different shuttle cases and the only way to OC was through upping the frontside bus, not the multiplier. When over clocking this way you will have to not only cool your CPU, but also your ram and graphic cards. What Im trying to say is that is is very difficult to over clock sff especially since the space is so compact. I'd imagine you could get a liquid cooling unit with the radiator outside the box