PDA

View Full Version : Subs? .nfo?

KLResurrectionUser
04-18-2004, 08:33 PM
i just downloaded The.Last.Samurai.DVDRiP.XviD-BRUTUS version
and found these files inside. What are they for exactly and how do u use them?

CD1 - i know
CD2 - i know
Sample - i know
Subs - i dont know ????
b-samurai.nfo - i dont know ????

Benno
04-18-2004, 09:19 PM
subs -subtitles
nfo - info files. <-- just open them in notepad or you can get a special nfo viewer like "damn nfo viewer"

KLResurrectionUser
04-18-2004, 09:35 PM
the subs dont seem to work. i tried it out in bsplayer by going to >load subtitles...

but they dont show. the sub files are like 9 megs which is proof that they are real sub files.

Darth Sushi
04-18-2004, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by KLResurrectionUser@18 April 2004 - 22:35
the subs dont seem to work. i tried it out in bsplayer by going to >load subtitles...

but they dont show. the sub files are like 9 megs which is proof that they are real sub files.
Give us the exact filenames and extensions (.srt, .smi, .idx, .sub) of the subfile along with the name of the avi. Do you have VobSub installed?

KLResurrectionUser
04-18-2004, 10:07 PM
b-samuraia.avi
b-samuraia.sub

b-samuraib.avi
b-samuraib.sub

Do i have VobSub installed? I have no idea. probably not.

Darth Sushi
04-18-2004, 10:21 PM
VobSub is a free program that displays subtitles in most players as long as the filenames are the same (topgun.avi, topgun.sub or .smi, .srt). Just do a websearch and you&#39;ll find it. Also, open the subtitle file with notepad to check and see if the file is correct (you should see a bunch of time markers followed by dialogue). Sometimes, you may get the wrong language, which may look distorted if it&#39;s not Latin based.

KLResurrectionUser
04-18-2004, 10:48 PM
ok ive installed VobSub_2.23.exe
but it stil doesnt display the subtitles.
what am i doing wrong?

muchspl2
04-18-2004, 10:55 PM
start > run
mplayer2.exe

once MPC opens, choos view > subtitels (make sure its checked)
then all you have to do is play your movie

KLResurrectionUser
04-18-2004, 11:15 PM
why cant i play it in bsplayer. i dont have mplayer2.exe. when i play it in mplayer6.4.8.1 it says:

To load subtitles you have to change the video renderer type and reopen the file.
-DirectShow: VMR7 or VMR9 renderless
-RealMedia: Special renderer for RealMedia,or open it through DirectShow
-QucikTime: DX7 DX9 renderer for QuickTime
-Shockwave: n/a

what the heck is that about??????

{I}{K}{E}
04-18-2004, 11:27 PM
View -> options -> Output

select:

VMR9 **
DirectX 9**
DirectX 9**

KLResurrectionUser
04-18-2004, 11:38 PM
:frusty: :frusty: :frusty:

i still cant get it to work..what is so difficult about this.?
i tried all the above.

thisiswhoweare
04-18-2004, 11:42 PM
make sure they are in the right folder.

subs and avi have to be in the same folder.....as well as being called the same.
A green arrow should appear in systems tray

mplayer2.exe is just windows media player 6.4 ....look in the windows media player folder in the program files folder.

KLResurrectionUser
04-19-2004, 12:59 AM
OHH MAN I AM SO THICK. guess what i did.?? i had only gone and deleted the .IDX files after extracting it from the winRAR Archive.

:frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty:
:frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty:

i noticed this by going back on my tracks and re-extracting the RAR files over again and luckily noticed these extra .idx files this time around.
b-samuraia.idx
b-samuraib.idx

to save me the embarrassment i hope one of the mods deletes this thread of the face of this planet.

atiVidia
04-20-2004, 03:48 AM
lol dont worry it happens to all of us.

use the report function to tell a mod to close (or trash) the thread.

KLResurrectionUser
04-20-2004, 05:55 PM
nah i cant be bothered.lets just not mention it again and hopfully this thread will just sink away. :D