PDA

View Full Version : Kill Bill Vol 2 Reviews

Busyman
04-19-2004, 04:07 AM
I haven't seen it yet but...I don't think I'm to see it at the theater.

4 different guys that I shoot hoops with told me it was STINKER.

They said it has wayyyyy too much dialogue

2 people die and of course Bill

The way Bill dies is stuuuuuuupid.

I actually heard that The Punisher was actually very good. :huh:

These two movies are in stark contrast to the movie reviews which say GREAT and STINKER respectively.

Fuck the reviewers.

Adster
04-19-2004, 06:52 AM
dunno not at the movie yet here... can&#39;t wait adn thers nowhere to downlaod it yet <_<

Manny Roscoe
04-19-2004, 10:02 AM
http://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?showtopic=109156

Check the last post (very bottom of the page) on my thoughts on Kill Bill Vol. 2 and The Punisher.

Busyman
04-19-2004, 03:56 PM
Maybe I won&#39;t see either of them.

Everyone says Vol 2 is vastly different from part 1. I don&#39;t think I&#39;m ready for this "talker" of a movie no matter how much I like Tarrantino.

ahctlucabbuS
04-19-2004, 07:55 PM
Yea well your loss... I hear the movie is pretty witty. After all Pulp Fiction had a lot of talk as well, but the topics they talked about is part of what mad that film great.

Manny Roscoe
04-19-2004, 08:29 PM
Whats wrong with a lot of talking? As long as what is being said is insteresting, then whats the big deal?

Busyman
04-19-2004, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by Manny Roscoe@19 April 2004 - 16:29
Whats wrong with a lot of talking? As long as what is being said is insteresting, then whats the big deal?
I heard it was boring is all...like when the Architect was talking in MR...BOR-RING&#33;&#33;&#33;

I will try and get a copy soon and watch it at home. ;)

Manny Roscoe
04-20-2004, 12:54 AM
It wasnt boring.

Reguardless, you&#39;re gonna let some people dictate wheather you see a movie or not?

colt45joe
04-20-2004, 03:36 AM
just watch it d00d, manny&#39;s review is exactly what i think of kill bill 2. its worth watching in theaters.

Busyman
04-20-2004, 04:30 AM
Originally posted by Manny Roscoe@19 April 2004 - 20:54
It wasnt boring.

Reguardless, you&#39;re gonna let some people dictate wheather you see a movie or not?
No I let it influence whether I spend my 8 bucks. <_<

3RA1N1AC
04-20-2004, 04:41 AM
but you spent 8 bucks on the Punisher? :D

Busyman
04-20-2004, 04:42 AM
Originally posted by 3RA1N1AC@20 April 2004 - 00:41
but you spent 8 bucks on the Punisher? :D
Haven&#39;t seen either one. ;)

...and probably won&#39;t...in the theater.

3RA1N1AC
04-20-2004, 04:46 AM
OKAY.

your first post sounded like you already went to see the Punisher. :P

Busyman
04-20-2004, 04:52 AM
Originally posted by Busyman@19 April 2004 - 11:56
Maybe I won&#39;t see either of them.

Everyone says Vol 2 is vastly different from part 1. I don&#39;t think I&#39;m ready for this "talker" of a movie no matter how much I like Tarrantino.
Hmmmm :huh:

3RA1N1AC
04-20-2004, 05:14 AM
jeezis, i gotta read everything you&#39;ve ever written in your whole life? it&#39;s the internet, mang... attention spans are like gary coleman here: vertically challenged.

Busyman
04-20-2004, 05:28 AM
Originally posted by 3RA1N1AC@20 April 2004 - 01:14
jeezis, i gotta read everything you&#39;ve ever written in your whole life? it&#39;s the internet, mang... attention spans are like gary coleman here: vertically challenged.
ok.......mang ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:

chalice
04-20-2004, 11:45 PM
Just finished watching it and I&#39;m moved to say I&#39;m impressed.

Yes, the way Bill dies is stupid.

However, the rest of the film is incredibly tight. Moving on from the Kung-Fu nods, QT incorporates numerous Westerns.

I wasn&#39;t a fan of the first one but this slots all into place.

My faith in Tarrantino restored.

muchspl2
04-21-2004, 12:17 AM
[spoiler]

I liked it, but the way bill died was cool, I didn&#39;t like how she just left California Mountain Snake blind
I would have killed that bitch, or it would have been even better if that mamba had bitten her ass also
overall, not as good as the first one, but the whole movie (vol 1/vol 2) was great 4 stars

Manny Roscoe
04-21-2004, 01:23 AM
Whats interesting is that after the credits, the Death List 5 appeared on the screen, etching out all the names on the list except for Elle Driver.

Instead of her name being scratched out, there was a question mark right next to her name.....

100%
04-21-2004, 04:45 PM
KBv.1 didnt get me in
just saw the second - much much better cooler, smooth, slow, tense, great shots, lighting, tuunes weird as always. Nicely timed - to the end

My faith in Tarrantino restored.
;)

the mask
04-21-2004, 05:58 PM
i preferered vol 1, i like the action sequences, not enough in this movie, but still a good movie.

BawA
04-22-2004, 09:41 AM
3 cd&#39;s of Crap
volume 1 was damn better, they only talked over and over in all cd&#39;s no action at all :unsure:

Adster
04-22-2004, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by bawa@Klite_user@22 April 2004 - 19:41
3 cd&#39;s of Crap
volume 1 was damn better, they only talked over and over in all cd&#39;s no action at all&nbsp; :unsure:
Id say your in your stil young by that comment I was once like you when you grow older action becomes boring and you learn to love and respect Screenplay writing and the acting

anyway

I loved both films

Vol 1 had the art appeal

Vol2 had the exceptional dialog

loved that scene in teh caravan with Uma and Daryl

reminds me of good bad ugly Sergio Leonanie Directing (*Spelling)

Quentin great director and love his writing and directing

no doubt all teh young kids Will bitch birth bitch about no action and the way Bill Died, what did you want a 30 hr sword fight then have his head arms legs all chopped off??

muchspl2
04-22-2004, 03:17 PM
http://www.toymania.com/news/images/0803_mpknight2.jpg

first thing I thought of was that Monty python, "mearly a flesh wound" :lol:

Ninja Monkey
04-23-2004, 12:37 AM
first off i would like to say GOOD FORM, Adster&#33; i would most def. say that this movie is not for younger kids...or maybe uncultured and immature individuals would be more appropriate. not to be offensive or anything... but this movie has so much more to offer than your average "Blockbuster explosion action movie of the year&#33;" type film. Quentin has formed the most original, cultured, witty, stylish, and brilliant movie/movies in many years. one of my favorite things about Vol. 1 & Vol. 2 (mostly 2) is no matter how hard you tried to expect the unexpected the unexpected that you didnt expect happens&#33;(did any of you get that?). my point is this movie/s was FRESH&#33;&#33;&#33; i strongly suggest anyone that can identify greatness in film-making to stop being cheap-skates and spend your freakin&#39; 8 or 9 bucks on this hell of a movie&#33;&#33;&#33;
peace

BawA
04-23-2004, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by Adster@22 April 2004 - 19:07

Id say your in your stil young by that comment I was once like you when you grow older action becomes boring and you learn to love and respect Screenplay writing and the acting

anyway

I loved both films

Vol 1 had the art appeal

Vol2 had the exceptional dialog

loved that scene in teh caravan with Uma and Daryl

reminds me of good bad ugly Sergio Leonanie Directing (*Spelling)

Quentin great director and love his writing and directing

no doubt all teh young kids Will bitch birth bitch about no action and the way Bill Died, what did you want a 30 hr sword fight then have his head arms legs all chopped off??
and who told u am Still young :lol:
i like silent movie like Godfather with perfect dialogs not like this bullshit, Uma even dont know how to say his scripts. mybe the dialog were good but u need some1 to say it with impressions . ;)

3RA1N1AC
04-23-2004, 06:42 PM
know what the best part of Kill Bill Vol. 2 was? when the old Chinese master said: "You call that Kung Fu? more like... Kung FOOL, bitch&#33;"

bujub22
04-24-2004, 02:15 AM
great film and im glad they had my boy come back as puima (gorden lou)
in all both movies are a classic in my eye ;)

Rip The Jacker
04-24-2004, 02:38 AM
Kill Bill Vol. 2, in my opinion, was terrible.

It was like 1 and a half hours of dialogue, and maybe 10-15 minutes of fighting. I mean, Bill sat there for about a half hour, talking about why Superman is so cool&#33; :frusty:

And the way Bill dies, the ending, well... it was a bit crappy.

But hey, everyone is entitled to their own opinion...

bujub22
04-24-2004, 02:45 AM
Originally posted by Rip The Jacker@23 April 2004 - 22:38
Kill Bill Vol. 2, in my opinion, was terrible.

It was like 1 and a half hours of dialogue, and maybe 10-15 minutes of fighting. I mean, Bill sat there for about a half hour, talking about why Superman is so cool&#33; :frusty:

And the way Bill dies, the ending, well... it was a bit crappy.

But hey, everyone is entitled to their own opinion...
TRUE everyone is entitled to their own opinion

but why did&#39;nt u like the ending?? if u watched ol kung fu flix u understand what and why she did it that way&#33;

Rip The Jacker
04-24-2004, 03:04 AM
Originally posted by bujub22@23 April 2004 - 18:45
but why did&#39;nt u like the ending?? if u watched ol kung fu flix u understand what and why she did it that way&#33;
I don&#39;t know, I guess I was expecting a really cool, long, fight until Bill is dead.

People said in the Vol. One, people are killed, heads fly off left and right, etc. In Vol. Two, she uses some weird move, and barely touches him in the chest, and there, he&#39;s dead. It was very anticlimactic. :unsure:

colt45joe
04-24-2004, 04:35 AM
i think the idea of dying the way bill died is cool, but i dont like how he just fell.

his whole body shouldve twitched or something, then fall.

the mask
04-24-2004, 04:48 AM
maybe he should have farted first then dropped down dead

The_Master37
04-24-2004, 08:06 AM
Well IMHO, the second film complimented the first very well. I personally would prefer the second one, but then again it would be best to watch them both together as one movie since that is the way it was ment to be in the first place. I&#39;d recommend this film to anyone, just don&#39;t expect to see as much action as the first(not that its a bad thing). I also like the way he is able to implement the different film genres into one movie.

:ghostface:

Falconetti
04-24-2004, 12:07 PM
Damn, don`t know what to say except Vol. 2 sucked. IMHO vol. 1 was much better.

Busyman
05-02-2004, 11:27 PM
Me and my old lady went to see Man On Fire last night and it was packed.

A number people, instead of moving down, had one one seat here and there.

I asked this lady if she could move down 1 damn seat and she said she couldn&#39;t.

My street shit almost came out of me and I almost called her a bitch.
(I know I could have reached an usher to make her move but damn...flaky ass bitch&#33;&#33;&#33;

Anyway I exchanged my tickets for KB V.2 because it was on 10 min. later.

Overall I did not like this movie.

For Quentin, this movie did not have the snappy dialogue I was looking for in lieu of less action.

Some of the dialogue was downright stupid

The fight between Elle and Kiddo was........EXCELLENT&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Just when I was starting to get bored with the Pai Mei scene it turned out great.

All in all though as a movie progresses it should get better and more exciting. This did not..even you look at Vol 1 and 2 together.

The end was rather anticlimactic.

The pacing was horrible. Sorry I won&#39;t just like a movie by default because it&#39;s Quentin Tarrantino.

All in all

THUMBS DOWN

:nono:

Loved Vol 1 though ;)

RedRival
05-03-2004, 06:21 PM
sorry but it sucked. i would be a gd if ur a plain "sequel to end everything nicely" buff or a quentin taratino fan at that. But for any normal movie goer who enjoyed the first film thoroughly mainly becoz of it&#39;s anime + katana wielding content, this 2nd film was a failure. I enjoyed the first one so much because the katana scenes were well done and was something to look forward to ...

the second one didn&#39;t compliment the first. the katanas they were holding were bascially getting rusty or prized items that hardly get out of their sheath. and when it did, it happens for an odd 4-5secs. my idea of the ending: 3 minutes worth of bill vs the bride in plain old fashioned ryu mitsurugi style&#33;&#33;

it was pretty crap, i din enjoy it. and paimei was a turn off. quentin doesn&#39;t know how to make this canto dudes that fly off mountains look right.

Formula1
05-03-2004, 06:34 PM
i saw the 2nd and was dissapointed myself, too much dialogue , less fights and no gore. KB vol. 1 i liked a lot better. But kb vol 2. was worth watching , im just glad i didnt pay for it...

ahctlucabbuS
05-03-2004, 07:11 PM
Loved the second part. Lots of talking, but it never became boring.
Also, the ending was great imo. Tarantino surprised its audience by ending the film low key which, if you ask me, was better than the expected huge fight scene.
And though I enjoyed vol 1 very much, the film had a lot of style without much substance. Vol 2 though had it all. This is Tarantino back to his old psycho self&#33; :D

Busyman
05-03-2004, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by Barky@3 May 2004 - 15:11
Loved the second part. Lots of talking, but it never became boring.
Also, the ending was great imo. Tarantino surprised its audience by ending the film low key which, if you ask me, was better than the expected huge fight scene.
And though I enjoyed vol 1 very much, the film had a lot of style without much substance. Vol 2 though had it all. This is Tarantino back to his old psycho self&#33; :D
His old self?

This movie doesn&#39;t compare to Pulp Fiction.

The dialogue again wasn&#39;t there.

I don&#39;t think it was a total failure though.

The scene with Elle and the "eye" is classic.

What dialogue in this movie was "classic" like Pulp Fiction?...nothing.

Nothing really memorable on the talking side.

Pulp on other hand has tons of memorable convos&#39;.

3RA1N1AC
05-04-2004, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by Busyman@2 May 2004 - 15:27
All in all though as a movie progresses it should get better and more exciting. This did not..even you look at Vol 1 and 2 together.

The end was rather anticlimactic.
the ending of Vol. 2 was definitely a bit of a snooze, but overall i thought parts 1 & 2 were both fine. i think it&#39;s pretty much an american thing, that movies almost always follow the basic shakespearean or opera structure where it gets really big and loud at the end. asian movies often disregard a lot of the storytelling rules we take for granted, such as the old three-act structure (basically: intro, action/conflict, then resolution) or saving all the blood & guts for the final showdown. tarantino surely was aware of that difference between eastern & western movies when he made Kill Bill, his tribute to asian flicks.

i dunno, maybe Vol. 2 will grow on you, if you watch &#39;em back-to-back on dvd someday. or maybe not. different strokes for different fokes, and all. ;)

btw, i agree about Pai Mei: he just about steals the show in Vol. 2.

Busyman
05-04-2004, 12:20 AM
Yeah we Americans love the crescendo.

3RA1N1AC
05-04-2004, 12:40 AM
also, i wonder if the dialogue in Kill Bill isn&#39;t intentionally blunt and forgettable. his earlier movies (Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, Jackie Brown) were all influenced by the kinds of 60s & 70s gangster/hustler/caper movies that are known for having snappy, well-written dialogue. but this one was intended mostly to ape badly dubbed martial arts and italian cowboy movies... not exactly fountains of inspiring speech, you know? :lol:

Manny Roscoe
05-04-2004, 07:02 AM
I dont understand what all the complaing about the boring dialogue and no gore is all about.

You must remeber:IT IS NOT A SEQUEL.
Its still Kill Bill; if you were to see it as one whole film, you&#39;d probably be more satisfied.

So what if Vol. 2 had a lot of talking and less fighting? Does it take an action scene to keep your attention? I swear....it seems like most of you got ADD....

The ending wasnt anti-climatic.
I mean, what were you expecting? She killed Bill and got her kid back. What else is there to the story?

The way she killed him....you&#39;ll apprectiate it more if you&#39;ve seen "Fist of the North Star"....I thought the way she killed him was cool....

Alas, everyone has their own opinion, of course, but I STRONGLY dissagree with most of you.

bkdvnyc
05-04-2004, 07:07 AM
i agree with mr. roscoe here, i think the 2nd one told more of a story then the 1st one did

ahctlucabbuS
05-04-2004, 09:50 AM
His old self?

This movie doesn&#39;t compare to Pulp Fiction.

The dialogue again wasn&#39;t there.

Im not saying the dialogue can compare to pulp fiction, not by far. But more of what makes Tarantino films so memorable are there like the storytelling, the action scenes, the music, the characters etc. As far as Im concerned this is Tarantino back to his old self after Jackie Brown (which I didnt hate btw). With that statement Im of course also including vol 1 as you cant have the second part without the first. And as the above posters said, I agree that vol 2 have more of a flow in the storytelling which vol 1 lacked with all its great, enjoyable action scenes.

I did finish vol 1 some hour or so before we went down to the movies to see the second part. Might be part of what made vol 2 so great for me, as the film after all was meant for a coherent experience.

Peerzy
05-04-2004, 09:22 PM
When you compare a QT movie, you compare it to every movie he&#39;s ever made and everyone he didnt.

Personally I havent seen Volume 1 all the way through since it was released at the cinema. But after seeing Volume two i now want to go back and watch Volume 1 again, i want to work out who she killed in what order. By the sounds of it people were dissapionted becuase it didn&#39;t have as much gore, to be honest it didn&#39;t bother me. Gore im fine with, i love a QT movie becuase its the style the flair his energy he puts into it. When looking at Volume two i would hope that everyone who &#39;reviewed&#39; it went back and resaw the movies together back to back, unless you just plain hated them both.

Volume 1 had its cool fight scene,
Volume 2 had the indebt story the slow talking QT characters (Althought hey could have talked alitte faster)

I was slightly suprised that Budd was killed by a snake and not by the bride herself but it was a good idea. I persoanlly loved the buried alive idea and that is how it flashes back, a great idea. i found the 5 parm exploding heart Technique a bit on the taky side but iv never really sat down and watched a kung Fu movie unless its a Amercian one or has Jackie Chan in it. Im thankful that QT didnt make it so Bill and The bride talked, it would have been a bad ending to have themhave a massive 15 minute fight again with arm&#39;s and heads going everywhere.

{~}&#39;Dogs was the crime movie, something to get him reconised.
{~}Pulp was him, his ideas at there best, tryng to show off to us, his leap to stardom.
{~}J Brown was his older more mature film.
{~}K Bill (both volumes as it is only one film) was his homage to his favourite genre.
{~}G Bastards will be his war epic but i don&#39;t see it being very good to be honest, i don&#39;t think he will be able to handle the idea of war and have very little to do with war and alot more about a charachter plot which will annoy people.

In my eyes he will never top Pulp but i know he won&#39;t go out like a power cut just yet.

abu_has_the_power
05-04-2004, 09:54 PM
just watched it last night. didn&#39;t like it at all. volume 1 was better. and bill&#39;s death was so weird. the heart exploding thingy was so weird. and u know wat, that pei mei guy speaks cantonese. that&#39;s not supposed to be true. cuz there r no cantonese speaking warriors.