PDA

View Full Version : Rather Strange Movie Behaviour

atv
04-20-2004, 07:59 AM
Hi all,

so, I have a problem: some movie I have dwl from ftrck can not play only the first some-10 seconds. The file is - let's say - 200mb and when I try to play in MPClassic or WMP it shows only the first 50sec. Already when I start it starts projecting only that length. And here is the real surprise: when I move the position tracker by hand and jump some in the movie, new never seen pieces appear. what is that?

Samurai
04-20-2004, 08:02 AM
Is your Media Player up to date?

Have you installed the most recent codecs?

Have you tried viewing the movie via VideoLan?

atv
04-21-2004, 07:06 AM
yes
yes, at least i hope
no

wmp is fresh
codecs: nimo full, divx (i had klite codec pack, but i did not solve some, so i have uninstalled. could that be a mistake?)
i do not have the videolan installed

most of the movies play fine
there are 2-3 with e.g. 200 mb and 1,5 minute long.

Samurai
04-21-2004, 04:39 PM
Try uninstalling the codec pack you have installed, and click on the Codecs (http://www.k-litemegacodecpack.com/) link at the top of this page and installing that one. I'm personally using the Kazaa Lite Codec Pack and haven't had any problems.

Also, VideoLan seems to play almost any video file you throw at it, including partial downloads. If it won't work with VL, then you may have to accept the fact that the video you downloaded is either a) corrupt or B) not the copy you are after

Samurai :ph34r:

Also, I suggest looking in the verifieds section as they're all working copies. Depending on what client you are using to d/l these, there are hundreds of sites offering verifieds. Run a search on this forum for them. There is an extensive list somewhere I believe.

atv
04-25-2004, 02:10 PM
Thnx, the problem still valid, so I'll follow your advices.

atv
05-04-2004, 09:09 AM
vlan and klcodec solved most of the probs. thnx, Samu, u were right