PDA

View Full Version : Would It Make A Big Difference In Loading Pages

Filliz
04-20-2004, 08:30 PM
If the size would be made acceptable at 85x85 instead of 80x80,would it really make that big of a difference in the speed of pages loading?
Maybe a stupid thing to bring up but i'ld rather have them a little bit bigger then they are now.
Ok,i'm one of the lucky guys that has ADSL,so i wouldn't notice anything.
But would a 56k'er be harmed by this?
I just want to know if it would be possible to make them just a little bit bigger.
And also what other members have to say about this.
You guys/girls think it would be nice to have them a little bit bigger,or doesn't it matter to you?

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
04-20-2004, 09:31 PM
:D Man I have been waiting to have Papa Smurf smacking that ASS in full F***ing Glory for I do not know how long.

http://bellsouthpwp.net/F/u/FuNkY_CaPrIcOrN/show.gif

Look at the Quality of that.You can even see the Disco Lights.And also look at the Expression on ole Smurfette's face.....the Girl is haveing a good time. http://www.mcbriens.net/liam/img/smilies/sneaky.gif

Virtualbody1234
04-20-2004, 09:37 PM
Before you start to say the rules should change... Maybe you should at least follow them?

Your avatar and signature combined is 109,365 bytes. There is a rule of 100,000 max.

Change your avatar from this:
http://filesharingtalk.com/uploads/av-118948.jpg 13,208 bytes.

To this:
http://filesharingtalk.com/sigs/av-118948.gif 7,029 bytes.

You would then be at 103,186 bytes. At least closer to the rules. <_<

sexfem
04-20-2004, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by Filliz@20 April 2004 - 20:30
If the size would be made acceptable at 85x85 instead of 80x80,would it really make that big of a difference in the speed of pages loading?
Maybe a stupid thing to bring up but i&#39;ld rather have them a little bit bigger then they are now.
Ok,i&#39;m one of the lucky guys that has ADSL,so i wouldn&#39;t notice anything.
But would a 56k&#39;er be harmed by this?
I just want to know if it would be possible to make them just a little bit bigger.
And also what other members have to say about this.
You guys/girls think it would be nice to have them a little bit bigger,or doesn&#39;t it matter to you?
Yes it would make a big difference to members with 56k. But if they want the pages to load faster they could switch the picture option off. Then they would load a lot faster.

The pictures are only a link and do not affect the speed of the board running. It only affects individual members computers according to their capabilities.

Peerzy
04-20-2004, 09:42 PM
It&#39;s un-needed, the only reason {that i can see} that you would want this, is you have a picture that is bigger or you want people to see your picture bigger, dont just say 56k-er&#39;s belive it or not some people have 33.6k. My modem in this pc is only 33.6 becuase i swapped my 56k one with my dad as i don&#39;t use it becuase i have broadband but there have been times when my broadband has gone down and im forced to surf 33.6k style. Not only was your sig and av sizes to big but if increasing the size would make it even harder for people to get it under the fair requirments.

Enough said i think, rules are fine on this :) .

silent VI
04-20-2004, 09:56 PM
<_< will a extra 5x5 really make a diffrence in avatars

h1
04-20-2004, 10:04 PM
Where would it stop? 90x90? 100x100? How about wallpaper-sized? :P

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
04-20-2004, 10:07 PM
:P Do not lie.You all like looking at that ASS. :P

Filliz
04-20-2004, 10:10 PM
First,I never said the rules should change.
I merely asked if it would make a difference.
(changed my av btw)

Second,yes...the reason I asked this is because I think it would make it all a litle bit clearer to see.
But as I said,I was just asking for oppinions,never saying it should be changed.

And Papa Smurf showing Smurfette a good time :lol: ...you could easely add a glory-hole to that av just to spice it up a bit :lol:

...or better not :unsure: don&#39;t want to upset or traumatise the youngsters in here :P

anyway,was just curious about this.
B)