PDA

View Full Version : Aol Broadband Problem

KazaaBoy
04-21-2004, 08:14 PM
I get this problem all the time and then I get disconnected from AOL with the message "init packet not acknowledged". I tried everything they said;

This error message usually appears when you are unexpectedly disconnected from AOL. In order to fix this problem and avoid further unexpected disconnections, please work through the following steps:

-- Check your physical connections
-- Check for 'spyware'
-- Is your Power Management for your USB ports configured properly?
-- Delete and reinstall AOL software 

and I still get the same problem. Does anyone else have this problem? When I had my 56K connection, I could leave it on for days without disconnecting.

Ariel_001
04-21-2004, 08:20 PM
Is Aol Broadband a PPPoE connection ? Try using a diffrent PPPoE client like RASPPPOE (http://www.raspppoe.com/) or windows XP built in PPPoE client. This is assuming your using windows. (can aol work with other os?)

Spam-King
04-21-2004, 08:25 PM
If your in the UK why not get NTL, faster, cheaper and more relliable

KazaaBoy
04-21-2004, 08:29 PM
I have Windows XP Professional and I can't use any other ISP because I have a 12 month contract.

Anyone else....

KazaaBoy
04-21-2004, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by Ariel_001@21 April 2004 - 20:20
Is Aol Broadband a PPPoE connection ? Try using a diffrent PPPoE client like RASPPPOE (http://www.raspppoe.com/) or windows XP built in PPPoE client. This is assuming your using windows. (can aol work with other os?)
What does it do for me? I don't want to screw my Internet Connection.

Ariel_001
04-21-2004, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by KazaaBoy+21 April 2004 - 20:31--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (KazaaBoy &#064; 21 April 2004 - 20:31)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Ariel_001@21 April 2004 - 20:20
What does it do for me? I don&#39;t want to screw my Internet Connection. [/b][/quote]
Try looking in Google (http://www.google.ca/search?q=windows+xp+PPPoE&ie=ISO-8859-1&hl=en&meta=)

Here you go anyways http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/usi...rking/pppoe.asp (http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/using/howto/networking/pppoe.asp)

gungrave
04-22-2004, 02:49 AM
call up aol and ask them

tesco
04-22-2004, 03:10 AM
Originally posted by gungrave@21 April 2004 - 21:49
call up aol and ask them
best advice....

KazaaBoy
04-22-2004, 03:44 AM
They will say the same thing quoted on my first post. However, I will call them and post it here.

gungrave
04-22-2004, 04:07 AM
just call them up and see what they say :)

KazaaBoy
04-22-2004, 04:09 AM
Will do, see what they say.

Please stand by....Your anticipation is very important to me :lol: :lol:

KazaaBoy
04-23-2004, 04:10 AM
Well I called them and it went better then I thought. The service member was helpful and had good experience. He took me through steps of closing any programs that loaded at the begining when windows starts. Then he done some connections checking. He told me to download "Adware" and "Spybot" because some spyware can do this to my connections. He said that "Kazaa", not KazaaLite which I think he doesn&#39;t know about KazaaLite :lol:, and IMesh and anything that contains spyware could cause interference.

He was right. I turned on the Internet and left it on for hours on end and it works. However, when I started "KazaaLite" my internet disconected, only once which is good because it used to disconnect 7 times or more. Now I have to know, is it because of "KazaaLite" or "Norton" Anti-Virus and Personal Firwall. He also disabled them from starting up att all and left me with "BlackIce" but I need an Anti-Virus to protect my system.

What you guys think?

4th gen
04-23-2004, 04:17 AM
Originally posted by KazaaBoy@21 April 2004 - 19:14

This error message usually appears when you are unexpectedly disconnected from AOL. In order to fix this problem and avoid further unexpected disconnections, please work through the following step:

-- Delete AOL software&nbsp;

:rolleyes:

4th gen
04-23-2004, 04:19 AM
Originally posted by KazaaBoy@23 April 2004 - 03:10
He was right.&nbsp; I turned on the Internet and left it on for hours on end and it works.&nbsp; However, when I started "KazaaLite" my internet disconected, only once which is good because it used to disconnect 7 times or more.&nbsp; Now I have to know, is it because of "KazaaLite" or "Norton" Anti-Virus and Personal Firwall.&nbsp; He also disabled them from starting up att all and left me with "BlackIce" but I need an Anti-Virus to protect my system.

What you guys think?
Kazaa lite contains no spware or adware

Please stop using bold to highlight things, it pisses people off&#33;

KazaaBoy
04-23-2004, 04:48 AM
If you don&#39;t have anything "useful" to say, just go away.

4th gen
04-23-2004, 04:53 AM
Originally posted by KazaaBoy@23 April 2004 - 03:48
I told you kazaa lite didn&#39;t contain any spyware or adware, didn&#39;t I? <_<

KazaaBoy
04-23-2004, 04:57 AM
Then tell me somthing I don&#39;t know <_<

Why do you think I have KLite. I am trying to figure out what the problem could be. If I have KLite on, I get disconnected only once not like before which was 8 times. I am trying to stay on-line for a long time.

4th gen
04-23-2004, 05:00 AM
Originally posted by KazaaBoy@23 April 2004 - 03:57
Then tell me somthing I don&#39;t know <_<

Why do you think I have KLite. I am trying to figure out what the problem could be. If I have KLite on, I get disconnected only once not like before which was 8 times. I am trying to stay on-line for a long time.
Ever thought it could be your shitty ISP? :lol:

Ariel_001
04-23-2004, 05:07 AM
Originally posted by KazaaBoy@23 April 2004 - 04:10
Well I called them and it went better then I thought.&nbsp; The service member was helpful and had good experience.&nbsp; He took me through steps of closing any programs that loaded at the begining when windows starts.&nbsp; Then he done some connections checking.&nbsp; He told me to download "Adware" and "Spybot" because some spyware can do this to my connections.&nbsp; He said that "Kazaa", not KazaaLite which I think he doesn&#39;t know about KazaaLite :lol:, and IMesh and anything that contains spyware could cause interference.

He was right.&nbsp; I turned on the Internet and left it on for hours on end and it works.&nbsp; However, when I started "KazaaLite" my internet disconected, only once which is good because it used to disconnect 7 times or more.&nbsp; Now I have to know, is it because of "KazaaLite" or "Norton" Anti-Virus and Personal Firwall.&nbsp; He also disabled them from starting up att all and left me with "BlackIce" but I need an Anti-Virus to protect my system.

What you guys think?
First of all 4th gen is right about the bold thing. It says you think were too stupid to read your post. Please stop it.

Second do you have BlackIce and Norton Personal Firwall both installed at the same time? You do not need two firewalls. Use only one.

Norton Anti-Virus and Kazaa lite should not do anything to your PPPoE connection. Can you go into more detail in what causes your problem? Maybe give us your computer spec. Have you considerd updating your drivers for your Network Card. (Assuming you have not yet)

KazaaBoy
04-23-2004, 05:10 AM
@4th gen:
What&#39;s the matter with you :huh:

You not normal in the head. As usual you have nothing useful to say.

KazaaBoy
04-23-2004, 05:14 AM
@Ariel_001:
Ok I will stop the BOLD thing.

I do need two firewalls because I used to hang around a hacking community and if you said you have one firewall, you&#39;re a sitting duck.

So what&#39;s the solution? I am a bit confused by the PPPoE connection thing?

Ariel_001
04-23-2004, 05:26 AM
It is impossible for me to understand how someone who been around the “hacking community” does not know what PPPoE is and it is mostly likley your two firewalls are causing the problem.

I am curious why exactly do you need more than one firewall?

KazaaBoy
04-23-2004, 05:33 AM
As you can see I didn&#39;t go too deep into the subject hacking and so I don&#39;t understand the PPPoE connection thing.

Ariel_001
04-23-2004, 05:41 AM
Originally posted by KazaaBoy@23 April 2004 - 05:33
As you can see I didn&#39;t go too deep into the subject hacking and so I don&#39;t understand the PPPoE connection thing.
PPPoE (http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=define%3A+PPPoE&meta=) has nothing do to with "hacking" really.

http://www.dslreports.com/faq/6985

Follow this. It should help.

4th gen
04-23-2004, 06:23 AM
Originally posted by KazaaBoy@23 April 2004 - 04:14
I do need two firewalls because I used to hang around a hacking community and if you said you have one firewall, you&#39;re a sitting duck.
lmao :lol:

gungrave
04-23-2004, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by KazaaBoy@23 April 2004 - 04:48
any thing about aol isnt usefull :lol:

baccyman
04-23-2004, 10:51 PM
is this why its called AOHELL :D :D :D