PDA

View Full Version : So Is This How It Is Going To Be?

Cheese
04-22-2004, 09:29 AM
I thought I'd come into Sportsworld to check out what's happening but within two threads I'm already pissed off. :angry:

Do we really need to constantly bitch about football/soccer/rugby being the best game. This was old before Sportsworld was created and it sure is as old now.

When the idea for Sportsworld came up I said we should have some simple rules like No hijacking of topics with off-topic trolling.

If I start a soccer thread then there should be no need to mention any other sport in it. Nor should I feel the need to say, "Joe Bloggs is a great footballer (and by that I mean great soccer player to all you yanks."

Just don't need it. And I hate to say this but it is us Europeans starting it most of the time...get over it other places play other sports and call things differently. Is this a hard concept to grasp? :blink:

Aaron_T
04-24-2004, 03:59 AM
yes :P

J'Pol
04-24-2004, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Withcheese@22 April 2004 - 10:29
I thought I'd come into Sportsworld to check out what's happening but within two threads I'm already pissed off. :angry:

Do we really need to constantly bitch about football/soccer/rugby being the best game. This was old before Sportsworld was created and it sure is as old now.

When the idea for Sportsworld came up I said we should have some simple rules like No hijacking of topics with off-topic trolling.

If I start a soccer thread then there should be no need to mention any other sport in it. Nor should I feel the need to say, "Joe Bloggs is a great footballer (and by that I mean great soccer player to all you yanks."

Just don't need it. And I hate to say this but it is us Europeans starting it most of the time...get over it other places play other sports and call things differently. Is this a hard concept to grasp? :blink:
I agree.

Let people discuss what they want to discuss. If you have no interest in the topic then just don't say anything. There is no compulsion to do so.

No one minds an ill-informed post or a different point of view. So long as it is relevant to the subject. However to just post something disrespectful about the topic in hand achieves nothing.

Bear in mind that this is sportsworld, not the lounge where spamming is the accepted norm. People requested this section for a long time and it would be a shame if they lost it, simply because we could not keep it on topic.

Well said cheese boy. A good point well made.