PDA

View Full Version : Staying Logged In

healimonster
03-14-2003, 03:55 AM
How would enabling cookies keep you from being logged in all the time?

Isn't it the other way around?

Personally I hate the fact that I am logged in all the time. It renders My Assistant useless.

lunatacs
03-14-2003, 04:02 AM
i use window washer and winbrush at the end of the day...they clean my computer of useless junk... those will clean your computer from temp folder to deleteing your internet tracks... and more depending you.

cheers

kAb
03-14-2003, 04:08 AM
IGNORE.
I'M STUPID!

:rolleyes: :sleeping: :sleeping:

healimonster
03-14-2003, 04:11 AM
I am still lost.

Will this allow me to not stay logged in. Because that is what I am trying to acomplish.

The Great Dude
03-14-2003, 04:14 AM
The cookie remembers that who you are, so you can always stay logged in. If you delete it, you will no longer be logged.

healimonster
03-14-2003, 04:20 AM
well that makes sense.

I understand the concept of cookies.

the problem is.. at least the way I am thinking about it... most sites i want it to remember cookies (i think).

When i log into my web email account 100 times a day it is nice when it loads up my screen name and not my password.

I fear if i turn off cookies that would go away.

Is there a happy medium? so every time my browser finds its way to these k-lite boards it recognizes me loads my screen name, but I have to put in my password for the healimonster to be logged in.

kAb
03-14-2003, 04:38 AM
o my bad :">

i thought you wanted to stay logged in. i'm sorry!

don't do what i said then.

instead you should go to Tools->Internet Options-> Security-> and set it at a high browsing level.