PDA

View Full Version : Integrated Ethernet Not Responding

hi_what_is_up!
04-23-2004, 04:22 AM
I am trying to get my integrated ethernet to work...thank god I have a second ethernet card. It is capable to send packets but it is incapable to recieve packets. Also on the status window with the support it has the ip and the subnet mask but NO default gateway and I'm unsure how to set this. I think thats what the problem is. It has been like this forever. Please don't say update drivers because I have no clue what the mobo is because I bought it from Dell.

4th gen
04-23-2004, 04:23 AM
Does it appear in Network Connections?

hi_what_is_up!
04-23-2004, 04:29 AM
Yes. Also it has the two computer icon in my taskbar thing where the clock is. Thats how I know its able to send and recieve packets.

4th gen
04-23-2004, 04:31 AM
Originally posted by hi_what_is_up!@23 April 2004 - 03:29
Yes. Also it has the two computer icon in my taskbar thing where the clock is. Thats how I know its able to send and recieve packets.
Right click on the connection in network connections, go to properties and then choose TCP/IP. You can change the settings in there

hi_what_is_up!
04-23-2004, 04:43 AM
change them to what though?

4th gen
04-23-2004, 04:51 AM
Originally posted by hi_what_is_up!@23 April 2004 - 03:43
change them to what though?
I seem to have lost the ability to diagnose your problems with minimal information at this present moment in time

hi_what_is_up!
04-23-2004, 04:57 AM
What information do you need to tell me what to change the settings to in the tcp/ip settings on my local area connection in my network connections.

silent VI
04-23-2004, 05:01 AM
Originally posted by hi_what_is_up!@23 April 2004 - 04:57
What information do you need to tell me what to change the settings to in the tcp/ip settings on my local area connection in my network connections.
:huh: i remember you being an asshole to a member i like but i still tryn help i guess. call whoever is providing you internet access depending on what company im sure they'll get you setup :) telus helps me for whatever problems

hi_what_is_up!
04-23-2004, 05:05 AM
Thanks :P . But that doesn't help now becuase it's midnight.

silent VI
04-23-2004, 05:36 AM
Originally posted by hi_what_is_up!@23 April 2004 - 05:05
Thanks :P . But that doesn't help now becuase it's midnight.
:o no24/7 tech support? guess youll wait till tomarrow?

delphin460
04-23-2004, 06:03 AM
erm , im assuming you have the other ethernet card connected to your modem correct

is it the internal ethernet that cant recieve

so what happens when you connect just the internal ethernet to the modem

you normaly dont have a default gateway actualy on a nic , it is usualy on the ppp adaptor which is your modem

hi_what_is_up!
04-23-2004, 07:32 AM
When I plug the modem into the intergrated ethernet the light on the modem that says "pc/activity" doesn't come on.

tesco
04-23-2004, 01:07 PM
try setting all the settings for the broken network card (ie IP address, gateway, etc) to the exact same settings as with the working network card.

if that doesnt work, why not just go to dell.com and download the drivers from there? you just click ur comp model and it should show you available drivers for ur computer.

peat moss
04-24-2004, 01:47 AM
Quote: I have no clue what the mobo is because I bought it from Dell.

Why can't you just go to the dell site and type in model number? Should tell you all you need to know. If no driver download avalible , then go to drivers.com, Bob's your uncle!

GrubMe
04-24-2004, 02:18 AM
Hello, Im having the same EXACT problems...
I have been researching this problem and Im sending a tech soon.

Anyways the questions Im about to ask you is yes/no.

Use a router, switch, or hub?

Use only a modem?

More than one computer?

Reseted your router (If you used one) ?

Cable, ADSL, dial-up or other network connections?

Anyways I have no explaination of why my INTERGRATED ETHERNET CARD does not work either, do not bother asking tech support they don't know what they are talking about. They will say uninstall/reinstall your INTERGRATED ETHERNET CARD and trust it don't work. I would rather plug in your NEW ETHERNET CARD and tell me if your internet works IF NOT I will tell you that your DHPC server won't connect to your network.

hi_what_is_up!
04-24-2004, 05:36 AM
Now the integrated works and the card isn't working for networking with my xbox. Help please.

GrubMe
04-24-2004, 05:56 AM
I do not understand can you please!
Tell me in detail what you did to make it work?
You CANNOT use 2 network devices at once.

delphin460
04-24-2004, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by GrubMe@24 April 2004 - 05:56
I do not understand can you please!
Tell me in detail what you did to make it work?
You CANNOT use 2 network devices at once.
yes you can use 2 nic's at once

as long as both are set to obtain ip address automatically , until reciently i always ran 2 nic's
and just used the network wiz to tell one its was the lan , and tell the other it was the intenet connection

as long as both network devices are working and enabled in network configurations

read this it may assist you

http://www.petri.co.il/what's_network_..._windows_xp.htm (http://www.petri.co.il/what's_network_setup_wizard_in_windows_xp.htm)

GrubMe
04-24-2004, 07:12 PM
Thank you but I have the same problem....
I have sent packets but I dont recive them like "61 - 0"
If I go support I get IP address and subnet mask but no default gateway.

It won't connect to the net I have to use my other computer to do so.
So I will try to do this for my computer that can't connect to the network if this works Il thank you.

EDIT: I have found the exact problem, hope this can help me!
http://www.practicallynetworked.com/sharing/troubleshoot/