PDA

View Full Version : Where to make my post ?

gregster007
03-14-2003, 07:19 AM
Is there any particular place people should be posting problems with the k-lite codec?

I ask this because i posted a problem in problems and it was moved to movieworld; should we post there or should there be a new section called codec problems.

Regards

jetje
03-14-2003, 11:08 AM
No, imo codecs are mainly used for watching movies... that's why i think the questions about them can best be asked there.. Also think most experts are in there...

Concerning the development of the pack questions can be put in development of course.

Hope that's clear enough

Same goes for all worlds, try to ask your questions as much as possible in the worlds.
Think before you post what is the problem you have... Xp Problems for instance are software... so software world it is. Router problems are hardware (in general of course) so hardware world it is.
Problems burning a ISO of a game..... Think you best can ask that in Gameworld.
Try to think logically. it will help to make the board more readable and the mod work more easy.... B)

Edit: Think this a very good question by Gregster 007... Where do we make posts and why, that's why i edited his original topic title so we can discuss this in here...... thnx gregster007

Trying to use the Worlds as much as possible

jetje
03-14-2003, 09:09 PM
Think we need a debate on this so bumperdiebump..

Benno
03-14-2003, 09:22 PM
Yeah I cant add much to this, I think you are right the worlds should be used often since they cover most problems.

Just look where your topic fits best. :)

Nobody1234
03-14-2003, 11:46 PM
Maybe we could make one new room. One that people can post when they don't know where to post. It would be easier for the mods to find them all and deciede where they belong.

It could help avoid the situation that people say "Oh I didn't know where to put this so I just put it here."

Shinigami_[R.I.P.]
03-16-2003, 06:08 PM
I like Nobody's idea. Maybe like a Newbie world.

But maybe Questions and Problems sort of fit for that though.... I don't really know. :blink:

Genius
03-16-2003, 06:13 PM
You don't have to know just give your opinion :D
Any way I think if you have a problem with a codec it should go in the movie world but gregster007 had a problem with the k-lite codec pack so you could say it is to do with the development of kazaa :huh:

jetje
03-16-2003, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by Genius@16 March 2003 - 20:13
You don't have to know just give your opinion :D
Any way I think if you have a problem with a codec it should go in the movie world but gregster007 had a problem with the k-lite codec pack so you could say it is to do with the development of kazaa :huh:
no don't think that, he had a problem using the codec pack not developping... Think if his user problems won't get solved maybe then it is something development can check... Btw My guess is that people involved the codec pack will check so every once ansd a while check posts in the movieworld...
But my opinion....

-=M3th0d=-
03-16-2003, 07:35 PM
I agree with you that this should go in the movie world because it is essentially a problem about watching movies. However, I feel that if people are giving advice and help in the world rooms, the posts should count. If this post went in the movieworld, they would get help, yet the person helping wont get his post counted. Surely the posts most deserving of being counted are those that help people? (Sorry if you dont think this is relevant)

vivitron 15
03-17-2003, 08:06 AM
IMO, this should have been in the movie world...I figure the concensus is that, but as for the off-topic diversion we've been led into about , could Paul/VB change the description of Guestroom to include stg like..."and if u dont know where to post, do it here"...We've discussed n00b rooms in the past, and I think it has been agreed that that is the function of the guestroom, but maybe adding the line to the description would encourage people to put their posts there, if they are unsure as to where they should be.