PDA

View Full Version : How Do I Send A Link To

the mask
04-24-2004, 04:31 PM
hi, if i do a search for a program for example, how do i send that link to a specific d/l via e-mail that when the recipient receives it and they click on it, it will automatically load up kazaa and start the d/l?

MUSLEMAN
04-24-2004, 04:49 PM
just send it as the same way you would a link except make sure its a link to the exe.

or did i miss something and they change that too :frusty: :frusty: :frusty:

wlotirjs
04-24-2004, 06:19 PM
One way to go is make the letter as a HTML file,
add the file you want him/her to DL as a Hash.

When they click on that, it would automatically start the download.

I think KazaaLite has to be ON allready.

the mask
04-25-2004, 11:14 AM
wlotirjs, i dont understand the proceedure you have stated. what do i have to do EXACTLY

Vargas
04-25-2004, 02:50 PM
select the file you want to send the link of, and once it's in your traffic window, open KDAT and right click the partial download in kdat and select copy QuickLink.
you can then paste it in the email from the clipboard [Ctrl]-[V]

EDIT: if you already have the completed file, use KSig to calculate the hash links

Mr. Blunt
04-25-2004, 10:20 PM
Are you serious???!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just copy and paste the URL of the download into a blank e-mail. Then send it like you would any other e-mail.

h1
04-25-2004, 11:27 PM
:lol: He's talking about Sig2Dat hashes.

"Blunt's on a blunt..." :ninja:

MUSLEMAN
04-25-2004, 11:40 PM
lol is that what he is talking about, it was driving me mad :lol: :lol:

Mr. Blunt
04-26-2004, 04:11 AM
He needs to be more clear next time. :lol:

and the marijuana doesn't help me either. :P

[B][O][T]
04-26-2004, 04:27 AM
"if i do a search for a program for example, how do i send that link to a specific d/l via e-mail that"

Wouldnt it be easier if You tell Him what You searched for in an email and tell Him the SIZE of the program so He can search for the file Himself?

As You've no idea how to create hash links I think this is a better idea for both of You.

BOT

h1
04-26-2004, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by [B][O][T]@25 April 2004 - 23:27
Wouldnt it be easier if You tell Him what You searched for in an email and tell Him the SIZE of the program so He can search for the file Himself?
That often isn't a correct representation of the size. And it's always better to use a hash. :)

@Mr. Blunt:
Tried angel dust? http://www.mcbriens.net/liam/img/smilies/whistle.gif

the mask
04-27-2004, 10:31 AM
when i open k-dat and select copy quicklink, there are about 5 options, which one do i select to copy the link, that when the recipient receives my e-mail they can just click on it and it will automatically open kazaa and start d/l?

Vargas
04-27-2004, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by the mask@27 April 2004 - 05:31
when i open k-dat and select copy quicklink, there are about 5 options, which one do i select to copy the link, that when the recipient receives my e-mail they can just click on it
if your email allows HTML then use "internet hyperlink" otherwise use "simple on seperate lines" (they will have to paste all 3 lines into their KSig to add it to their traffic window.)

and it will automatically open kazaa and start d/l?
kazaa will have to find sources first before it will start to download though ;)

Mr. Blunt
04-27-2004, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by haxor41789@26 April 2004 - 13:15
@Mr. Blunt:
Tried angel dust? http://www.mcbriens.net/liam/img/smilies/whistle.gif
Not even. I don't do drugs.